Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: A.J. Emms Unveils 2016 Scheme TORONTO  (Read 1476 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
A.J. Emms Unveils 2016 Scheme TORONTO
« on: March 15, 2016, 09:28:32 PM »

A.J. Emms Unveils 2016 Scheme
TORONTO —- At the Motorama Custom Car and Motorsports Show, A.J. Emms unveiled the brand new look that he will carry for the new season.

Sporting the No. 14, the blue and orange captured the fan’s attention throughout the weekend as they stopped by check out the car, and pick up a copy of the OSCAAR schedule.

The enthusiasm from the fans is shared by Emms, as he expressed excitement about the upcoming year.

“I mean, my family has really come behind me,” Emms commented. “Everybody has really stepped in just giving me a hand and we have a lot of great sponsors that have come on board for this season – Davenport Subaru, Sunshine Super Wash, Creecher’s Design, Klotz Canada, TSS Top Shops, Bromley Automotive. There’s been a lot of people that have been on board and makes me excited for this season.

“With this new car and the way it is looking right now, it’s just makes me ecstatic.”

Last year, Emms had a successful rookie campaign in the series, scoring four top-fives and seven top-10s en route to finishing sixth in the season-ending standings. The season was highlighted by a career-best third at Delaware Speedway in September.

The new season brings not only a new car, but also changes to the championship format as OSCAAR has adapted the Race for the Cup Championship format.

All the drivers will have 10 races to qualify for the championship battle, with the qualification period ending on August 19 at Delaware Speedway. The top eight drivers whom have competed in 90% of the series events, or the top seven drivers plus the Chase for the Colours winner, will be eligible for the Race for the Cup. Notably, points will be reset equally for the eight drivers prior to each round during the format.

The Race for the Cup will then be four races in length. The lowest driver in points will be eliminated following the August 27 event at Sauble Speedway, and the lowest two remaining drivers will be eliminated in the following races at Full Throttle Motor Speedway on September 10 and Flamboro Speedway on October 2.

The final three drivers will be set for the championship showdown at Peterborough Speedway on October 9, with guaranteed starting spots of fourth, fifth and sixth in the feature; the order they start will be set by heat points. The top finisher of those three will be declared the 2016 OSCAAR Modified Champion.

“It’s definitely exciting,” Emms commented. “It’s going to add some excitement to the series. I hope it does that for the fans and everybody else involved. For me, it’s going to be different. I’ve never really in a series or format such as that, and going ahead it’s going to be ahead it’s going to be a trial and learn sort of deal. So we’ll see how it goes. I’m defiantly excited and hope I can be in the top-three in the final race.”

Last year, Emms had a successful rookie campaign in the series, scoring four top-fives and seven top-10s en route to finishing sixth in the season-ending standings. The season was highlighted by a career-best third at Delaware Speedway in September.

Obviously, the goal this year is to break through for the first victory, but Emms says it’s tough call as to say where and when that could happen.

“With never having this race car on the track, it’s one of those things where you have no idea,” he expressed. “With this car, I may not even able to win. It’s a beautiful piece, so we’ll see what we can do with it.

“Personally, I’m a big fan of Full Throttle Motor Speedway (from) just racing a bunch of cars there in the past. It’s just a place that I love to go. So if I’m going to say one, it’s Full Throttle Motor Speedway.”

Emms will receive marketing support from Sunshine Super Wash, Davenport Subaru, Creecher’s Design, Klotz Canada, Bromley Automotive, and TSS Top Shops.

Fans can keep up with A.J. Emms all year by visiting his website athttp://www.ajemms.com. You can also follow Emms on twitter via http://www.twitter.com/ajemms.

Press Release by Ashley McCubbin/AM Marketing – ashleymccubbin17@gmail.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22321.msg114864#msg114864
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

A.J. Emms Unveils 2016 Scheme TORONTO
« on: March 15, 2016, 09:28:32 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats