Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: RANGER AND TEAM MOPAR SCORE TOP-TEN IN SEASON FINALE  (Read 699 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
RANGER AND TEAM MOPAR SCORE TOP-TEN IN SEASON FINALE
« on: September 24, 2017, 09:17:14 PM »

September 24, 2017. Andrew Ranger and the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team were excited heading into the final race of the 2017 NASCAR Pinty’s Series this past Saturday night at Jukasa Speedway.  Following a successful test session last week they expected plenty of speed from their #27 machine.  The inconsistencies that plagued their oval program this season arose once again yet Ranger still managed another top-ten result.

During the afternoon practice session Ranger felt very positive about the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge.  “The car felt good,” he said “I think we found a base to start with from the test and it’s definitely helped,” he added.

Ranger would qualify the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge in the seventh position and begin the 200-lap race from row four.  Right from the drop of the green it was high intensity racing throughout the field.

The first caution period of the night came before the one quarter point and Ranger brought his #27 Mopar Parts Dodge to pit road for scheduled service receiving fuel and further handling adjustments.  “The track was much different at night when the temperatures cooled down and the team made some changes to try and help me with the car” explained the driver.

As the race went on once again the handling of the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge became a challenger for Ranger.  The smallest of adjustments would have dramatic effects on the car, yet Ranger persevered and push his car as hard as he could.

The #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team took advantage of a late caution period to again change tires with hopes of helping the driver make one last charge during the final laps.  Ranger would cross the finish line with a tenth place finish.

“It was another tough night,” said Ranger.  “The team worked really hard to make the car better all night, they really did, but it was so hard to find just the right balance” he stated.

Following this final event of the season the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge of Andrew Ranger can look back on the 2017 season on a number of positives.  Ranger finished in the top-ten in 11 of the 12 races he participated in and finished seventh in the overall driver standings despite missing once race due to illness.

“The road course program, we are great.  The ovals, we still have some work to do,” said Ranger.  “But I want to give my thanks to my crew chief Dave Wight and whole group of Mopar guys for this season.  A big effort by everyone all year long, great job guys”.

Race fans can get more information and follow the #27 Mopar Parts Dodge team news during the off-season by going to www.mopar.ca and clicking on Motorsports.   

Prepared by, TL Sports & Entertainment, todd@tlsportsent.com (239) 961-2618

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=25230.msg117797#msg117797
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: September 24, 2017, 09:17:14 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats