Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Border Patrol – A weekly look at racing from both sides of the 1000 Islands  (Read 221 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Border Patrol – A weekly look at racing from both sides of the 1000 Islands

Craig Revelle – June16, 2014

Like most weekends this year, Mother Nature clearly stated that she is not a race fan.  My weekend schedule consisted of Mohawk International Raceway on Friday night, Brockville Speedway on Saturday night, and Cornwall Speedway on Sunday.  As you will read below, my schedule would get altered.

Friday night was just a wet, miserable and rainy day.  Mohawk International Raceway cancelled early.  My next option was Chapman’s Can Am Motorsports Park but they too had to cancel their program.  The rain finally stopped in the afternoon, and Brewerton Speedway was still racing for the night, so I set off for the ‘D-shaped Dirt Demon’ optimistic that the rain was over.  After making the drive, and just about five minutes from the track, I was notified that the races there had just been cancelled.

Brockville Speedway was my destination on Saturday night.  The forecast looked good, and the weather was good all day long.  However, as the pit area began to fill, the clouds rolled in the rain started.  That was the end of my night at Brockville…over before it even started.

Sunday was a picture perfect day for racing.  Chris Raabe returned to victory lane at Cornwall Speedway for the first time in 2014.  Dale Planck made a surprise visit to Cornwall Speedway on Sunday and finished a strong second.  Laurent Ladouceur finished in third place while Stephane Lafrance recovered from an early race incident to finish fourth.  Gage Morin rounded out the top five.  In the Sportsman division it was Shane Pecore picking up the win while Louie Jackson Jr. ran a great race finishing second.  Mitch Primeau, Corey Wheeler and Justin Lalancette completed top five positions.  Other winners on the night include Stephane Lebrun in Pro Stock, Derek Cryderman in Semi Pro and Marc Dagenais in Mini Stocks.

This coming weekend I will be back at Mohawk International Raceway on Friday night as they attempt to get in another show after battling Mother Nature all season long.  Saturday night will be Brockville Ontario Speedway as they present a full program along with the Patriot Sprints.  Cornwall Speedway will be my Sunday destination with twin 40 lap Modified features on the schedule along with a regular show for all other classes.

I must give a shout out to my buddy Alley Amell who is undergoing open heart surgery later this month.  Alley has accomplished a lot in his racing career, which has been 50 years or more.  Good luck Alley, and we look forward to seeing you back at the track.

As always, any comments or suggestions can be sent to crevelle@ripnet.com. You can also visit me online at www.finishlinewebdesign.ca, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/crevelle, and on twitter at www.twitter.com/finishlineweb17

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=19451.msg111313#msg111313
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats