Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: HILL'S RACING TEAM: TRIPLEHEADER TIME  (Read 665 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
HILL'S RACING TEAM: TRIPLEHEADER TIME
« on: May 25, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »

by Tommy Goudge (May 25, 2016) - Six Nations, Ontario - The Hill's Racing Team is heading back on the road for three races, after a weekend of racing close to home with some good results.

Alex Hill, Cory Turner, and Dain Naida competed in the 360 Sprint Car division on Friday at Ohsweken Speedway, while Jerry Hill and Shone Evans started their first career Crate Sprint Car races.

Alex (18th to 10th), Cory (17th to 4th), and Dain (19th to 6th) all recovered from tough heat races to make big gains in their feature race. Despite gaining 8 spots and recording a top 10 finish, Alex felt she left something on the table.

"(I) thought I could've done a lot better in Ohsweken than what I did," lamented Alex. "The track was good. It was slick, and usually it never is at Ohsweken unless it's for a big show...so that was different, but a good different. Just wish I did better - that's all."

Meanwhile, Shone moved forward from 9th to finish 6th in the Crate feature, while Jerry finished 13th.

Alex, Cory, and Dain followed Friday at Ohsweken with Saturday's Southern Ontario Sprints opener at Brighton Speedway. Alex recovered from hitting a tire barrier to finish 3rd in her heat race, while Dain finished 2nd in his heat, and Cory finished 4th in his.

"Brighton was fun," commented Alex. "I was so mad after I hit that tire...but then when we restarted and I got them back I was happy as ever."

Alex drew the 9th starting spot for the feature at Brighton and finished 8th, while Dain drew 3rd and finished 2nd, and Cory started 11th and drove to 7th.

Alex has three NRA Invaders series races at three different Ohio tracks on her schedule for the US Memorial Day weekend. She will compete on Friday at Limaland Motorsports Park, Saturday at Waynesfield Raceway Park, and Sunday at the famed Eldora Speedway - Alex's first race at the high-banked half-mile owned by Tony Stewart. Eldora is on every Sprint Car racer's list, but also has an intimidating reputation.

"I'm excited for Eldora, but a little scared and nervous because of the walls and how fast it is," noted Alex. "Overall I'm really excited for it."

LINKS

Twitter: @HillsRacingTeam
Facebook: search "Hill's Racing Team"

HILL'S HELPERS
The Hill's Racing Team would like to thank Iroquois Hereford Farms, Townline Variety, BMO Bank of Montreal, Tony Stewart Racing, CARSTAR Collision & Glass Service, Ackland Insurance, M-One, Davis Fuels, and Engine Pro Racing. Visit www.HillsRacingTeam.com to find out how you can join the team!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22597.msg115158#msg115158
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: May 25, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats