Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Team Turner Racing Rolls Through Tough Weekend  (Read 1108 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Team Turner Racing Rolls Through Tough Weekend
« on: July 18, 2018, 11:24:01 AM »
Team Turner Racing Rolls Through Tough Weekend;

CAISTOR CENTRE, Ont. (July 17, 2018) – Another busy weekend of action at Ohsweken Speedway had all three Team Turner Racing members in action on a busy Sponsor Night last Friday. Cory Turner led the way for TTR aboard his KT Tobacco/Silo Wireless No.97 with a seventh-place finish.

Cory Turner

Cory’s seventh-place result didn’t come without some struggle though. While leading his heat race, Cory hit a patch of dirt that came apart from the racetrack and caused the car to shoot into the wall.

“I was leading the heat and had it in the bag with one lap to go after going from second to first,” Cory explained. “The car was really good and I was running right up on the edge, but a big three foot piece of mud came apart from the track and the car turned straight right and we put it in the fence in turn two on the last lap. I drove it the same way I did the other seven laps.”

The team worked feverishly to make repairs to the car before the Feature and rolled off 21st in second-last. While the setup wasn’t perfect, Cory managed to pass 14 cars on the way to a seventh-place finish and earn the night’s Hard Charger award.

“I was happy with the car. We were really fast and we passed a lot of cars,” Cory recounted. “I saw the move over flag when I was in seventh and I couldn’t really get to anybody else. We were in 15th on the first caution and it was single-file, so Dylan Westbrook was already in turn one when we were in turn three and he only lapped us by half a car at the finish.”

Ryan Turner

Ryan Turner didn’t have a perfect week, but certainly learned plenty. The driver of the Kingpin Farms/Burger Barn No.91 claimed a fifth-place finish in his heat race, but the result wasn’t a great reflection of the car’s performance.

“The car was decent in the heat race and we were running second before the caution,” Ryan said. “After the caution we bit the heavy cushion twice putting us back to fifth.”

Ryan lined-up mid-pack for the Feature after making some pre-race handling adjustments. In the opening laps, Ryan didn’t find the car to his liking and used a lap three caution to come back to the pits under yellow.

“We tried a new setup for the Feature that didn’t work for the track conditions,” Ryan said. “There was a caution on lap three so I pulled in and the Kingpin Farms/Burger Barn crew made as many adjustments possible in our two minutes. We restarted at the back and got to 11th, so we were very happy with our changes and learned a lot for next week.”

Although Ryan’s streak of top-10 finishes came to an end, the knowledge he and his team gained will certainly be beneficial for the upcoming weekend.

Jamie Turner

Jamie Turner struggled on the night and earned a fourth-place finish in the heat. He started in 12th for the 20-lap main event before finishing 14th on a tough night. Jamie, with his usual positive attitude, has already shifted his focus to the upcoming busy tripleheader weekend.

Up Next

All three Team Turner Racing cars are planning to be back in action for a busy tripleheader of $3,333-to-win and $333-to-start races as part of the Patriot Sprint Tour’s Canadian Triple Threat Weekend. All three drivers plan to compete Friday night at Ohsweken before travelling east to Brockville Ontario Speedway on Saturday and Cornwall Motor Speedway on Sunday.

“I’m really looking forward to getting back to the slick stuff on Saturday like we had at Brighton two weeks ago,” Cory said. “I’d really like to give Steve Poirier and some of the other top guys a run for their money in the slick. I don’t know if we’ve got a program that’s as good as them yet, but we’ll find out this weekend.”

“We struggled a bit last Friday night, so we’re looking forward to going racing this weekend,” Jamie said. “We’re going to try and do all three nights with the Patriots. I’ve been to Brockville a couple of times and I’m looking forward to going to Cornwall. We’re lucky too because there’s about 20 of us going too, so they’re all fired up.”

“I’m really looking forward to lots of seat time and running some different tracks that we don’t get to very often,” Ryan added.

For more information on Team Turner Racing, visit www.TeamTurnerRacing.ca.

SEASON STATS
11 Jamie Turner – 10 Starts: 0 Wins, 0 Top-5s, 3 Top-10s
91 Ryan Turner – 10 Starts: 0 Wins, 5 Top-5s, 8 Top-10s
97 Cory Turner – 12 Starts: 2 Wins, 7 Top-5s, 9 Top-10s

TEAM TURNER MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/TeamTurnerRacing
Twitter: @11TeamTurner19
YouTube: Youtube.com/RacingTeamTurner

MAILING LIST
Join the Team Turner Racing mailing list by emailing claytonjohnsmedia@gmail.com with the subject “Turner” to be added to the list.

TEAM TURNER PARTNERS
 Team Turner Racing is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2018 race season, including KT Tobacco, Charlie-Bee Honey, Mudcat Entertainment Centre, Braemar Building Systems, Pyett Spring & Alignment, DSE Performance, Gale's Auto Aftermarket, Plazek Auto Recyclers, Malabar Super Spice, V&R Recycling, Country Event Services, JNE Recovery, Skyway Lawn Equipment, Total Coatings, KT Gas & Convenience, Six Nations Bingo, Silo Wireless, CJ Mulholland Mattress Factory, Truck Toppers, iC Super Computers, Silverdale Gun Club, Bryan's Farm Supply, Beamer Farms, The Powerhouse, Hitchman Trailers, Barlow Farms, Mac Tools, V&R Hose & Hydraulics, RCM Racing Equipment, JLB Mobile Mechanical, Tetra-Chem Industries, Wix Filters, Mayhew Graphics, ImageFactor.ca, and Clayton Johns Media.

About Clayton Johns Media: Clayton Johns Media provides smart motorsports media solutions through affordable public relations services, including professional press releases, social media management and training, and website maintenance. Whether you’re a grassroots team racing at your local track or a professional team travelling with a national tour, Clayton Johns Media can build a package tailored to your needs. Visit us online at claytonjohnsmedia.com, on Twitter, on Facebook or send us an Email for more information.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26309.msg118876#msg118876
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Team Turner Racing Rolls Through Tough Weekend
« on: July 18, 2018, 11:24:01 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats