Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: KENNINGTON SCORES VICTORY IN CASTROL EDGE DODGE  (Read 1156 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
KENNINGTON SCORES VICTORY IN CASTROL EDGE DODGE
« on: October 01, 2018, 07:40:37 AM »

September 29, 2018. DJ Kennington and the #17 Castrol Edge Dodge team have knocked on the door several times and come close to scoring a victory in the NASCAR Pinty’s Series.  Finally the drought is over as Kennington scored a dominating win to close out the 2018 at Jukasa Motor Speedway on Saturday night.

Right from the start of practice the #17 Castrol Edge Dodge was quick and Kennington posted the second fastest practice lap time.  During the afternoon qualifying session he chose to wait until the last moments and then laid down the fastest lap of the day to earn the number one starting spot for the 200-lap race.

“This car felt great and all we did during the afternoon was make some minor adjustments to prepare for the cooler temperatures we expected during the race. Great job by the team” said Kennington.

When the action began Kennington kept the #17 Castrol Edge Dodge out front for the race for the first 40 laps of the race and only surrendered the lead when he got boxed in by a lapped car.  “I was trying to work through the traffic but we had a little mix up.  I knew we had a car that could get back to the front,” explained the driver.

Following planned stops for fuel and later for fresh tires Kennington had the #17 Castrol Edge Dodge on the move once again.  “We waited to take tires until after some of the others knowing it would give us an advantage later in the race” stated Kennington.

Kennington would push the #17 Castrol Edge Dodge back into top spot on lap 173 and despite a couple of late cautions that bunched up the field he held off all challengers to claim his first victory since 2013.  It was an emotional Kennington in victory lane after the race wanting to thank everyone that contributed to help deliver the win.  “I kept telling these guys on this team, I’m going to get you back to victory lane.  There’s been a few times I wondered when it would happen again but we did it.  I can’t thank them enough for all their hard work every weekend”.

“This win has been a long time coming.  I can’t thank Castrol and everyone that’s been with us and given us so much support, this is for you too.  It’s so nice to have my family and my kids here, what a way to wrap up our season”.

Kennington completed the season finishing each of the 13 races inside the top ten, the only driver to do so.  His victory in the final race also boosted him up to a third place finish in the overall point standings.

DJ Kennington and the #17 Castrol Edge Dodge team want to thank their fans for their support and encouragement during the 2018 season.  They can’t wait to be back in action next season.

Race fans are encouraged to keep up to date with the latest team news during the off-season in several ways.  Race fans should bookmark the team website www.djkracing.caand follow them on twitter, @djkracing and Instagram.  Fans should also “like” the DJK Racing Fan Page on Facebook. Also follow @CastrolCanada on twitter and Facebook.

Prepared by Todd Lewis and TL Sports & Entertainment, todd@tlsportsent.com(239) 961-2618

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26682.msg119249#msg119249
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: October 01, 2018, 07:40:37 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats