Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: D.J.  (Read 7278 times)

Offline southernsponsor

• Team Owner
Re: D.J.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 01:11:01 PM »
so do we stop buyiing brunhoezl jacks,   thats what failed in daytona.  And do we stop buyiing anything that isnt made in canada anymore..........hmmmmmm  you wont find much that is made in canada these days.   and yes if dj can keeps showing that he is an awesome driver he will have the oppurtunity to "win " races.  he has alot of respect in the nationwide garage,  and so does randy. they have sub par equipment and they are there consistently week after week,  sooner or later he will get his chance with an established team that has $$$$$$$$$.  just to give an example of how good dj is.....in vegas he  got taken out on lap 4....it knocked the whole front end a bit loose and he kept driving it.  after about  50 laps he said its starting to shake....he came in and we checked the tow...it was 1 1/4 inches out!!!!!!! so he was driving that rattle shack  around vegas (180mph) in a time bomb.    We went behind the wall and tightened everything back up and straightened  the front end out and low and behold he went out and turned the fastest lap he turned all week.  that is talent and not too many people have the stones to even attempt driving a car with those issues.   for those of you that arent educated in set up talk.....a race car (especially on a 1 1/2 mile track)   should be towed about an 1/8 th of an inch,  an 1 1/2  is astronomical!!!   go get em in bristol dj,  lets see a top twenty!!!!    jw

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.msg41017#msg41017

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 01:11:01 PM »

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 01:56:27 PM »
Looks like another long weekend for the Nationwide series drivers as the just shut down practice for the Sprint Cup series and they are discussing the massive rain storm just rolling in.  Good luck Dj and keep showing them what the Canadians can do now that we are invading their series. ;-)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.msg41018#msg41018

Offline UnfurnishedApartment

• Pit Crew
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 03:51:58 PM »

UnfurnishedApartment didn't you know everything is made in china these days. Who cares where the products are made. I know I don't as there is a lot of products that come from China and they are made good and these are the shops where they have strong quality control and the company's make sure they produce a good product.

What does this have to do with DJ????? Everyone uses celebs to get more attention these days. It is called good marketing.

Also I think you mentioned pit problems. It has nothing to do with the tools they use but the new team get experience. It happens to teams every race an do people say it is the equipment they are using? I think if the pit crew was using bad stuff. Nascar would say something as this is a safety issue.

Evan while some markets are dominated by cheaply made and often dangerous made Chinese products they far from "make everything" as you claim . In the automotive tool market which is the subject of discussion here you still have a choice of quality made North American made products or their poor quality Chinese counter parts .

In my shop i have a Danahar tool box that is 98% filled with Matco , Snap-On , Vaughn tools . My air compressor is from Cambell Hausfield and my welder is from Lincoln . The air guns and ratchets i have are from Ingersol-Rand and my hoist is a Hydra , my floor jack is a OTC . All these products are Canadian or American and cost more then their Chinese counter parts because they are of far superior quality.

You say "who cares where its made "  I do and so do many other people . Show me a mechanic that has a box full of cheap Chinese tools and i will show you a crummy mechanic.

What does this have to do with Kennington ? While i totally understand he doesn't care where the money comes from i think its important to consumers , ie the race fan who his sponsors really are and what they are really selling then they can decide if they want to support them or not . While you may consider re badging or re branding "smart marketing" i consider it some what of a deceptive practice. I don't buy products because some idiot Hollywood celebrity tells me to or because it has an STP sticker on it .

I was being facetious when alluding to Kennigtons pit road problems being connected to the use of his sponsors Chinese tools as i am sure they are using American made specialty tools like everyone else on pit road .

In closing i avoid all Chinese products when i can be it lead painted children's toys or dog food containing bi-products that can kill my dog and poor quality automotive tools . Evan i do respect your right to purchase all of the above .

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.msg41025#msg41025

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 03:51:58 PM »

Offline AutoAssembler

• Series Owner
    • http://www.rpeer.com
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 04:47:56 PM »
Well I'm disappointed.  :(

Because of the rain delay, TSN in their great wisdom decided to not carry the race???

Anyone know if you can pickup a feed over the internet? Right now I'm restricted to PRN on Sirius.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.msg41029#msg41029
Randy

-----------------------------------------
2008: DIS, NSS, Cayuga, Ste. Eustache, Barrie, Mosport, Kawartha, Sun Valley, Edmonton, Trois Rivieres, Circuit Villeneuve, Riverside.

Offline Mobil1fan

• Series Owner
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 04:49:18 PM »

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 04:54:01 PM »
Thanks a million mobil, only missed 40 laps.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.msg41031#msg41031

Offline AutoAssembler

• Series Owner
    • http://www.rpeer.com
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 05:14:47 PM »
Yes, Thanks Mobil  ;) 
I should have checked RaceFanTV first.   ???

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.msg41032#msg41032
Randy

-----------------------------------------
2008: DIS, NSS, Cayuga, Ste. Eustache, Barrie, Mosport, Kawartha, Sun Valley, Edmonton, Trois Rivieres, Circuit Villeneuve, Riverside.

Offline Mobil1fan

• Series Owner
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 06:40:14 PM »
Race is over, DJ 34th...Looks like they need a BIG run next week if they want to get locked in for Texas, assuming they can Q on time for Nashville...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.msg41037#msg41037

Offline Evan

• Series Owner
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 12:18:38 AM »
Did I say all China made products a good? No I said products where the company that is selling makes sure the quality control is watched and made sure that the product are good and safe.

STP is in the US and so they choose to have their tools made in China

from a STP release

Code: [Select]
"STP® is one of the most recognized brand names in the automotive industry with over 50 years of history and success behind it," said Reid Goldstein, President of Capstone Industries.

Do you think a company is going to risk everything on cheap tools? So DJ should say no we don't want your sponsorsip dollars because the tools are made in China? Nope and I didn't see any big Canadian Company's supporting him.

Come on you must be joking me just because it says made in china it is cheap? I guess those Canadian Flags that say made in china means they are cheap flags? Boy that is bad when a Canadian Flag has to be made in China. Why can't all Canadian Flags be made in Canada it is our flag and we should buy Canadian as we have been told too. Maybe a Canadian Flag made in Canada cost double to make?

I also guess all those Racing Champion, Winner Circle & Action collectables that are made in China are cheap? Oops how dare Canadian Tire Sell Peter Gibbons 2000 Racing Champions Collectable Die Cast. Guess why it is made in China. Also some US company's us parts that are made in china and put them in there US Made Products.

It is all about the quality control it and because labour is cheaper there and their are never recalls on US/Canadian Made Products that were unsafe for your kids? or The wet product type floor mop that was making dogs sick when they were licking the floor. Made In Canada and don't get me on food products that made people sick.

I bet I can find a lot of products at your shop or home that has parts or is made from China.

You have to know what to buy and not to buy when dealing in China made products. I buy stuff in Canada and some is made here and some is made in China really can't help where some products are made as the Big Name Company's use them all the time and it says made in China or not some parts may be parts from China and you have no clue and I could care less it if is something small. Just because a company says it is made in the US or Canada it could just mean they make it there and not the part that make up the product are US or Canadian made.

Evan while some markets are dominated by cheaply made and often dangerous made Chinese products they far from "make everything" as you claim . In the automotive tool market which is the subject of discussion here you still have a choice of quality made North American made products or their poor quality Chinese counter parts .

In my shop i have a Danahar tool box that is 98% filled with Matco , Snap-On , Vaughn tools . My air compressor is from Cambell Hausfield and my welder is from Lincoln . The air guns and ratchets i have are from Ingersol-Rand and my hoist is a Hydra , my floor jack is a OTC . All these products are Canadian or American and cost more then their Chinese counter parts because they are of far superior quality.

You say "who cares where its made "  I do and so do many other people . Show me a mechanic that has a box full of cheap Chinese tools and i will show you a crummy mechanic.

In closing i avoid all Chinese products when i can be it lead painted children's toys or dog food containing bi-products that can kill my dog and poor quality automotive tools . Evan i do respect your right to purchase all of the above .

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.msg41048#msg41048
Signature:
The views expressed here are those of the members and do not necessarily reflect those of CanadianRacingOnline or it's Sponsors.

Offline racerman51

• Race Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 12:54:27 AM »
anyways,my first post here is going to be to wish DJ "good luck" for the rest of the year and I hope he wins at least one!..on either side of the border!... ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.msg41050#msg41050

• Pit Crew
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 02:20:50 AM »
Did I say all China made products a good? No I said products where the company that is selling makes sure the quality control is watched and made sure that the product are good and safe.

STP is in the US and so they choose to have their tools made in China

from a STP release

Code: [Select]
"STP® is one of the most recognized brand names in the automotive industry with over 50 years of history and success behind it," said Reid Goldstein, President of Capstone Industries.

Do you think a company is going to risk everything on cheap tools? So DJ should say no we don't want your sponsorsip dollars because the tools are made in China? Nope and I didn't see any big Canadian Company's supporting him.

Come on you must be joking me just because it says made in china it is cheap? I guess those Canadian Flags that say made in china means they are cheap flags? Boy that is bad when a Canadian Flag has to be made in China. Why can't all Canadian Flags be made in Canada it is our flag and we should buy Canadian as we have been told too. Maybe a Canadian Flag made in Canada cost double to make?

I also guess all those Racing Champion, Winner Circle & Action collectables that are made in China are cheap? Oops how dare Canadian Tire Sell Peter Gibbons 2000 Racing Champions Collectable Die Cast. Guess why it is made in China. Also some US company's us parts that are made in china and put them in there US Made Products.

It is all about the quality control it and because labour is cheaper there and their are never recalls on US/Canadian Made Products that were unsafe for your kids? or The wet product type floor mop that was making dogs sick when they were licking the floor. Made In Canada and don't get me on food products that made people sick.

I bet I can find a lot of products at your shop or home that has parts or is made from China.

You have to know what to buy and not to buy when dealing in China made products. I buy stuff in Canada and some is made here and some is made in China really can't help where some products are made as the Big Name Company's use them all the time and it says made in China or not some parts may be parts from China and you have no clue and I could care less it if is something small. Just because a company says it is made in the US or Canada it could just mean they make it there and not the part that make up the product are US or Canadian made.

Evan the problem is Chinese quality control cant be trusted as we have seen over and over and over .

From The China Vortex
Can Chinese Companies Build A Culture of Quality?July 27, 2007 at 1:23 am · Filed under China

Paul Midler has written an excellent article ‘Quality Fade: China's Great Business Challenge’. Midler, who is founder and president of his own outsourcing firm, China Advantage, discusses what he calls ‘Quality Fade’ in China.

In the article, he talks about how how Chinese companies almost consistently fail when it comes to improving the quality of their products and services. Most of the time, this happens when after securing an overseas buyer, the manufacturer cuts back on quality materials. For the overseas buyer, this creates a dilemma. He/she has jumped through hoops to find a supplier, so he really doesn’t want to change manufacturing suppliers. So in a way, he really ends up trying to cover the weaknesses and shortfalls of the manufacturer’s products. This creates a downward spiral in quality, until something dramatic happens, such as a product recall, or in the worst case, even deaths.

From Stratagyanalitics

In the metropolitan areas of China’s Eastern seaboard, domestic manufacturers have little basis for competition other than price. Chinese consumers rate local manufacturers inferior to international brands in virtually every respect – Brand Image, Product Quality, Design/Style and Service.
Will China car be a Chery or a Chrysler?

AutoWeek | Updated: 02/20/07, 8:37 am et
SHANGHAI -- Worried about quality, the Chrysler group is studying whether Chery Automobile Co. should build a Chrysler group car, not a Chery, for worldwide export, say industry sources.

In December, Chrysler said it had struck a deal for Chery to assemble a small car. At first, Chrysler was considering a Chery model, sources say. But now Chrysler is considering a production version of the Dodge Hornet, a concept car shown at the Geneva and Beijing auto shows in 2006.

The change may be due to quality concerns. Industry sources say Chrysler is worried about the quality of Chery's products.

Suppliers say Chery is known for emphasizing the low price of components, sometimes at the expense of quality.

If you notice the press release says "The STP brand is one of the most recognized names in the automotive industry with over 50 years of history and success behind it "
 Those 50 years of success were when it was an American made product and before the company was sold several times and now allowed its name to be whored out .

You ask "Do you think a company is going to risk everything on cheap tools?" Yes i do because companies have very little investment here other then an administrative office and since they position themselves off shore making their exposure to litigation negligible . Companies like this have strategies in place so no more then maybe 10 % of their capital is ever at risk to litigation . read below
Chinese tire recall to start Monday
New Jersey tire importer will begin replacing defective tires, but only until they run out of money.

June 28 2007: 12:08 PM EDT
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The company that imported Chinese tires at the center of a recall demand by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will recall the tires and replace them until the company, Foreign Tire Sales (FTS), has run out of funds.

A lawyer for FTS said the company will begin notifying owners of the tires on Monday and will continue the recall until the company has run out of money.

Once the company has replaced as many of the tires as it can, the company will have to declare bankruptcy.

Lawrence Levigne, the attorney representing the New Jersey-based distributor of the imported tires, estimated that the company has enough funds to replace about 10 percent of the 450,000 tires that may be defective.

Your comments about toy diecast cars i will not address since i deal in real cars and not toys and i would think the harm they could do would be minimal unless they are painted with some sort of lead paint that could make you or your kids sick when you play with them .

You state "I bet I can find a lot of products at your shop or home that has parts or is made from China."  Again you would be wrong when it comes to my shop since i make sure not to purchase tools such as "Mac" that say American made yet contain internal parts in their ratchets etc that are made in China . As for my home yes i have some Chinese made products such as this computer in it since buying North American is virtually impossible . How ever i realize that in a few years i will be throwing this computer in the garbage unlike my tools that i will be keeping for my life time and then passing down to my son .

With a little bit of vigilance  you can determine what is made off shore and what is made here and i prefer to by products that are made here with an exponentially better quality history then those in China

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.msg41055#msg41055

Offline Evan

• Series Owner
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 02:37:30 AM »
Well this my last response to this as I feel it is way off topic. I have a computer that is over 10 years old and it still works and it is made in China.

Everyone gets recalls and bad parts. China may be more so as, they product more then most. But company's that watch how the factory works and go to visit to make sure their products are made to their code they have no problems. it is the people that allow them to do what they want and don't make sure it is up to the specs yes they have bad products. As I said before why would a 50 year old company take a huge chance as you would say to maybe loose their company over poor products.

Anyways DJ good luck and great to see you have a sponsor.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.msg41059#msg41059
Signature:
The views expressed here are those of the members and do not necessarily reflect those of CanadianRacingOnline or it's Sponsors.

• Pit Crew
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 03:33:45 AM »
I will make this my final post on this topic as well .

Evan i hope you read the rest of what i posted better then your comment of...

" As I said before why would a 50 year old company take a huge chance as you would say to maybe loose their company over poor products."

Kennigtons sponsor is NOT a 50 year old company it is just an importer of cheap Chinese tools that bought the rights to slap a STP sticker on inferior quality products to fool the consumer .

That said i wish DJ all the luck in the world unfortunately i will not be buying any of his sponsors cheap Chinese tools .

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7128.msg41060#msg41060

HTML ezBlock

site
stats