Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: South Buxton Raceway Cancelled July 12 /08  (Read 1803 times)

Offline racerfan44

• Series Owner
South Buxton Raceway Cancelled July 12 /08
« on: July 12, 2008, 01:28:58 PM »
Tonights races at South Buxton Raceway have been cancelled due to heavy thunderstorms.Racing will commence again next Saturday July 19/08 with a regular show (Comp4,Sports Stock,Modifieds,Late Models ) plus the first apprence of the Michigan Wingless Sprints.Race time 7 P.M. Sprint hot laps 6;30 P.M.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7868.msg46991#msg46991

CanadianRacingOnline.com

South Buxton Raceway Cancelled July 12 /08
« on: July 12, 2008, 01:28:58 PM »

Offline hurricane7

• Car Owner
Re: South Buxton Raceway Cancelled July 12 /08
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 03:54:05 PM »
  south buxton is a crap pit..those guys are retards cant even have rain dates on sunday..just wish someone that cares about racing would take the place over..rain out after rain out bullcrap period  .tomorrow will be nice out and of course they are to stupid to run..just makes me sick that the closest track to me is the shitest..

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7868.msg46993#msg46993

Offline racerfan44

• Series Owner
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 05:46:14 PM »
Hurricane7 the problem there is not the track from the understanding i am hearing is that they (Buxton ) have to get permission from the county to race on Sundays and there is an unwritten rule that the small village does not want or like racing on Sunday and there is only one Sunday rain date they will allow is the Late Model Shootout if it was to happen.Remember rain and dirt donot mix well.If you think you can do any better well why do you not go down to the track and take it over.Racing there this year has been pretty dam good (especially last Saturday)Races starting and finishing in good time (between 10:25 & 11:15 p.m).Which considering running 16 races a night and getting done in under 3 1/2 hours is pretty dam good.So maybe you should check into things before you call it a crap pit and the track not knowing anything.Even better give them a call and tell them you want to take it over.Only one person controls the weather and that is the man upstairs so if you want to blame anybody blame him and not the track they (track ) can not do anything about it all they can do is pray for no more rain.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7868.msg47000#msg47000

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 05:46:14 PM »

Offline Mobil1fan

• Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 07:06:59 PM »
Their drainage down there is non-existent, so any amount of rain gets them into trouble. I forget whether it was last season or two seasons ago where they cancelled a race because of heavy rain on Thursday.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7868.msg47008#msg47008

Offline hurricane7

• Car Owner
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 08:22:45 PM »
   excuses is all buxton ever has and i know a few racers are nuthuggers but come on .if you cant race on sunday run a midweek race like wendesday nights .it worked for checker flag for years...also racefan 44 i do think i could do a better job hands down..you loan me the million scotty wants and i will prove it lol   ..listen i enjoy the races there myself but this rain after rain cancelations is garbage.run some midweek races or something or get town permission to run on sundays..who really cares what the 20 people living around the track want anyways  majority rules..i dont know how the track is not already broke with all the lost income that they are losing;;;if this keeps up we might be able to buy the track off the trustees a lot cheaper...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7868.msg47014#msg47014

Offline racerfan44

• Series Owner
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 09:22:46 PM »
Buxton tried midweek shows approx 10 years ago and they did not work.Have you ever tried to get fans out to a county race track on a mid week when everybody is working.It did not work if it had they would still be racing midweek .I was not born yesterday loaning a million to a person I donot know Ha Ha very funny.May I suggest you find your own million if that is the sale price.As I said before if you want it contact the track on Monday and talk to Scott about buying it.If you want to offer the 1M  I am sure he would listen you would listen too if somebody came to you and offered that kind of money.Your statement reguarding town permission yes that has been in place for years .You also need permission from the county also.You may disagree with this but Buxton race shows have gotten a lot better.I have been going to Buxton when they had Border Wars(1996-7).This was an event that placed Buxton modifed drivers against the best from Ohio,Kentucky.I have seen the SOS series from the start as Buxton was the home track of the Sprint Series.Races at that time would start still at 7P.M. but there was lots of nights they would race into the wee hours of the morning (1 A.M-2A.M.) no curfew.Today you see the best Dirt Late Model drivers in the province (Andrew Reaume,Joe Field,Kirk Hooker)to name a few.I have seen 3 differnt owners since I have been going to the track.Out of the owners this one Scott Milhalco is one of the best as he has his show running great with shows as posted ,before getting done in excellant time and that is 4 divisions and when there are specials (SOS,Wingless sprints) they run all 5 divisions.Why come on here and complain about as you put it crap pit and nobody knowing anything well as I said contact them on Monday or even better drop out some night during the week when they are working on the track to get it ready for Saturdays races and then maybe you
cansee what actually work has to be done to get a track ready.And yes they (Buxton ) donot control the weather if they could there would be no rain cancellations and in return that would make you happy.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7868.msg47021#msg47021

Offline hurricane7

• Car Owner
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 09:35:19 PM »
  some of your points are taken..but i know this track two and i have been going there since about 1980 and yes midweek was tryed back in the shit days of racing..back 10 years ago racing was in a down fall today is a different story .just because they tryed it back then dosent mean it wont work today..yes scotty has done a few things but not even close to what needs to be done.he should be trying to match what oshwekgen has..new stands ;washrooms..everything except the 1 section of new wall should be replaced...that is half the problem as well  as no forward progress .just because we have some good drivers means shit ..think pass tomorrow think down the road the classes and everything at buxton needs to change..ps also buxton in its present shape is worth about 200.000  because it needs about 1 million in renovations just to be what it should be...end of rant

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7868.msg47024#msg47024

HTML ezBlock

site
stats