Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: 2006 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS????  (Read 2005 times)

Offline blkflagagain

• Fell short of the 20 race mark in 2009.. Quite sad indeed!!!
  • Series Owner
  • Good luck to all in 2012
2006 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS????
« on: January 31, 2007, 03:23:21 PM »
I know with the dawn of a new race season most people are looking ahead to that, but I thought this would be a good time to share memorable events/ races from the 06 season at Barrie. For me , I have 4 events that really stand out ,the first was the epic Walters/Gaunt battle in the first Carquest 100 race in June ,where they battled tooth and nail from the mid way point of the race until Gaunt cut a tire with 15 to go, but battling back for a respectable 6th place finish, That was some of the best racing I have seen. !!!The second was the first OSCAAR race at Barrie with local hero Glenn Watson leading the first 40 laps and the crowd on the edge of there seats pulling for him, and a win in his first race. After having brake trouble and spinning while leading Glenn showed determination ,and battled back for a 6th place on the lead lap!! My third memory is of the 2nd CASCAR race in July where D.J and race leader Thomson got together on the back stretch with 15 laps left ending the day for Thomson. Then later on having 4 or 5 different lead changes over the closing few laps, that was very exciting!!!!! Another one that sticks out for me was Tim Watson winning back to back features in Sept to make the points battle even tighter. We are treated to some great racing each and every year at Barrie and heres hopin 07 brings more of the same!!!! Feel free to share other memorable events from the racing  season  people!!!!!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5826.msg22979#msg22979
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

CanadianRacingOnline.com

2006 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS????
« on: January 31, 2007, 03:23:21 PM »

Offline RRRCREW

• Rookie Driver
RE: 2006 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS????
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 11:25:14 AM »
The LLM points battle was the highlight of the season I think. Either Walters & Gaunt battling throughout the year or Walters & Watson at the end of the year, with Baker battling as well. Some of my favorite highlights of the season were the crazy accidents. We had Quesnelle almost straight up & down or all the roll overs, most accidents I've ever seen in a year. The low light of the season was the weather, I am tired of sitting in our trailer waiting for a monsoon to stop. Let's hope this year is better, can't wait.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5826.msg22996#msg22996

Offline Chassis

• Race Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 12:13:53 AM »
I'd have to say the 100 lapper in the middle of July that went like 75 laps green before the caution flew. That was awesome short track racing.  I do believe that  Mr Gaunt put on one hell of a driving clinic that night!!!!!!!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5826.msg23017#msg23017

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 12:13:53 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats