Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Gresel Kick Starts 2016 Season At Delaware Speedway Spring Nationals  (Read 1836 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Gresel Kick Starts 2016 Season At Delaware Speedway Spring Nationals

SAUBLE BEACH, Ont. – May 5, 2016 – The 2016 season starts Saturday at Delaware Speedway for Andrew Gresel and the Sauble Falls Racing Team. The Komoka, Ont. track’s Spring Nationals opener is the first event in the Pro Late Model Triple Crown this season. Delaware is a fan favourite track and among Gresel’s preferences.

“I love Delaware Speedway. I like the bigger tracks, the speed and I like the roughness. It’s a fun track to run on,” Gresel said in anticipation of the season opener. “We’re pretty excited to start the season off.”

“Dealing with a rougher track and the higher speeds tends to upset the car a lot more. It puts a lot more in to the wheel for the driver. You have to be focused that much more. It can throw you for a whirl in a hurry.”

Gresel, the 2011 Delaware Pro Late Model track champion, knows he will face a number of top competitors in the 100-lap season opener. He hopes to lean on his experience at the big, egg-shaped half-mile to get the season off on the right foot.

“You have to find that nice smooth line there, and its hard to find. Hopefully your car works there or it can be a nightmare,” explained Gresel. “We had a lot of luck down there and we really liked running there.”

The race will serve as a tune-up for two APC Series events at Delaware in 2016 for the Sauble Falls team. Gresel experienced success in APC action following a successful weekly race at Delaware last season.

“It’s going to help us. Last year we kind of struggled there the first time, but we went there on an off night and ran with the home track series. That helped us out a lot,” Gresel said. “Hopefully by the time the night’s done, we can make a few more fine adjustments and make the car a little bit better.”

The Sauble Falls, Ont. native certainly plans to be in contention for the win, but a spot in victory lane won’t be the sole indicator for a successful start to the season.

“I’m just looking to get the first race in. Obviously we’re gong to go and run as hard as we can, but my expectation is just to have a good clean run, get some laps on the car and get the car shaken out,” an excited Gresel explained.

The first green flag of the season flies at Delaware’s Spring Nationals at 2:00pm on Saturday, May 7. For additional event details, visit www.delawarespeedway.com.

For the latest news on Andrew Gresel and the Sauble Falls Racing Team as they prepare for the 2016 season, stay tuned to their Facebook page at facebook.com/saublefallsracing and by following @SaubleFalls81 on Twitter.

Andrew Gresel’s 2016 season is supported by several corporate sponsors, including: Sauble Falls Tent & Trailer Park, London Recreational, McRobert Fuels, Hy-Grade Roofing, F1 Freight Systems, Canadian Union of Skilled Workers, Gallinger Ford Lincoln, Castrol Canada, Pro Wraps Brisk Spark Plugs and RadenGresel@Ehomes.

Media contact: Clayton Johns Media
claytonjohns@hotmail.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22473.msg115022#msg115022
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats