Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: PAUL GUIOD WINS THE VOLANT KNAUF  (Read 1511 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
PAUL GUIOD WINS THE VOLANT KNAUF
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:06:31 AM »
PAUL GUIOD WINS THE VOLANT KNAUF !
The 16-year-old will get a complete NASCAR Whelen Euro Series season

Daytona Beach, FLA - The first edition of the Volant KNAUF was a huge success, with 112 candidates and 11 drivers selected for the final on-track evaluation at the wheel of the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series cars. Everybody’s sole goal was to win a complete season in the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series. It was 16-year-old Paul Guiod who was crowned the winner and will drive the #73 KNAUF Ford Mustang in the ELITE 2 Division in 2016.

The 11 drivers selected for the Volant KNAUF Finale gathered on Wednesday, March 23 at the Fontenay le Comte circuit to prove themselves at the wheel of the Euro-NASCAR cars to win a season in the official European NASCAR Series. The day included: three driving sessions for each candidate to evaluate their driving skills on a NWES car and an interview with the KNAUF France executives, conducted by Denis Kleiber (General Director Knauf France), Yann Ditsch (Sales Director of KNAUF Bâtiment), Olivier Bacle (Operating Marketing Director and Team Manager of KRT) and Christian Tolo (Sales Director Knauf West) to evaluate their character, their values and their communication propension.

In the end it was Paul Guiod to be named the 2016 Volant Knauf winner. With his personality and his on-track talent he convinced the KNAUF judges to reward him with a full-paid season in NASCAR Whelen Euro Series.

“It is such an incredible opportunity! I am so happy to have been chosen among so many drivers. It was an amazing day, full of emotions. I took my first laps on a NASCAR Whelen Euro Series car and I was impressed by the speed and the sound. The Knauf Racing Team is outstanding and I learned a lot from this experience,” said the Paris-native, coming straight from karting. “I want to thank Knauf and the entire KNAUF Racing Team for this opportunity and especially Thomas (Ferrando) and Wilfried (Boucenna for the many things they taught me. I want to work with them, improve myself and hopefully get good results in my first season.”

Paul Guiod will live his American Dream in the blue, white and grey KNAUF Racing Team colors starting with the 2016 season opener in Valencia, Spain on April 23-24.

ABOUT NASCAR WHELEN EURO SERIES

The NASCAR Whelen Euro Series was founded in 2008 and established the NASCAR official European Series in January 2012 thanks to a long-term partnership signed with NASCAR (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing), Team FJ, a Motorsports company located in Blois, France, and Whelen Engineering as title sponsor of the Series.The season is made up of 24 races, equally split among ELITE 1 and ELITE 2 divisions, on the best European tracks. Euro NASCAR introduced a stunning innovation on July 7-8, 2012 by organizing the first ever NASCAR race on an oval track in Europe on a half-mile speedway built in the downtown of Tours (France). With four races in two days, these 400 HP V8 monsters provide pure racing action and thrilling bumper-to-bumper battles as well as a lot of family fun around the track! In the pure NASCAR tradition, race fans can get closer to the action than ever and feel the unique in Europe paddock atmosphere thanks to drivers, teams and cars always available for the spectators.The series attracts drivers from all over the world, all willing to fight on track for the win and take the first step towards becoming a NASCAR star in the U.S.

NASCAR WHELEN EURO SERIES • RD 2152, Les Grands Champs - 4100 Saint Denis sur Loire, France • Phone: +33 2.54.45.54.45 • email: info@euronascar.com • website: http://www.euronascar.com • Twitter: @EuroNASCAR • Facebook: EuroNASCAR

PR MANAGER: GIAN LUCA GUIGLIA • Phone: +39 393 817 9546 • email: gguiglia@euronascar.com • Twitter: @gian_138

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22332.msg114875#msg114875
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

PAUL GUIOD WINS THE VOLANT KNAUF
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:06:31 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats