Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Kawartha Speedway 2012: The Clock is Ticking  (Read 1021 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Kawartha Speedway 2012: The Clock is Ticking
« on: September 19, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »
Kawartha Speedway 2012:  The Clock is Ticking

By Jim Clarke, Kawartha Speedway PR/Clarke Motorsports Communications

After having the first 2 attempts at waving the checkered flag on the 2012 campaign postponed by inclement weather, Kawartha Speedway officials are ready to try again Friday, September 28th.  With positions still to be decided in the Hasiuk Trailer and Container Rental Mini Stock, Thunder Car and NAPA Auto Parts ACT Late Model point standings, Promoter/General Manager Derek Lynch and his team at the 3/8th mile Fraserville, Ontario oval are anxious to see things get settled on the racetrack.

“With some spots just 1 or 2 points apart, things can still change in all 3 of our regular divisions and it wouldn’t be fair to the race teams or fans to call it a year without running the final event,” said Lynch.  “There are a number of drivers on the verge of breaking through for their first career feature win and a strong night during the last show of the year is a great way to head into the off season.  Nothing looks better than having a feature win on your resume when you’re searching for sponsorship to take into the next campaign.”

Currently 11th in the Thunder Car standings, Brad Lavalle – a graduate of the Hasiuk Trailer and Container Rental Mini Stock division – is 40 points out of 8th spot.  Overtaking that position may be a long shot, but the Peterborough, Ontario racer is 14 markers away from cracking the top 10 and 16 from moving into 9th.  A mid-season crash sidelined his own #6 Running Rite Mobile Marine/Gavin Bay Park Resort/Park Street Auto/Nurse Auto Parts/Mr. Transmission – Peterborough/Connelly’s Minute Muffler/Hamilton Radiator/Trannys by Dave Lavalle machine, but help from good friend Ross Evans has kept him chasing his dreams.

“My car was the meat in a multi-car sandwich in the second turn and it’ll need a new front clip before it gets back on the track,” said Lavalle.  “That’s a little more work than we can manage in the garage beside the house, so I parked my car for the year.  Luckily, Ross still had the car he’d used a few years ago sitting at his place and I happily accepted when he offered the chance to use it for the rest of the season.”

After spending a few days putting some of the parts from his car onto Evans’ machine, Lavalle made it back to the track without missing any action.  He needs to look for the #30 instead of his familiar number when checking the line-up boards, but at least he’s still in the fight and that’s what counts the most.

“We’re all friends and quick to help each other out,” said Lavalle.  “No one wants to see another driver knocked out of action because of a wreck.  At this point of the year, a win would be nice but I really have my sights set on earning the Thunder Car rookie of the year award.  I’m the only first year driver near the top 10 in the point’s chase, so I think I’ve got a pretty good shot.”

Kawartha klips:  The final night of the season offers fans a full program of action with a 50 lap feature for the Hasiuk Trailer and Container Rental Mini Stocks, along with regular distance main events for the Thunder Cars and NAPA Auto Parts ACT Late Models.  Also on the bill will be the annual running of the 75 lap Don Biederman Memorial for the OSCAAR Super Late Models and the first Kawartha appearance for the new OSCAAR Open Wheel Modifieds.  Gates will open at 3:00, with racing starting at 6:00.  See the full schedule of events at www.kawarthaspeedway.com.

Peterborough’s Brad Lavalle (#6) is looking to break into the top 10 of Thunder Car points during the final night of the 2012 season – Friday, September 28th – at Kawartha Speedway.

Prepared by:  Jim Clarke – Clarke Motorsports Communications
                       clarkemotorsports@hotmail.com
                       613.968.6410  /  613.922.0654

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=16486.msg105116#msg105116
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Kawartha Speedway 2012: The Clock is Ticking
« on: September 19, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats