Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: TOP TEN FOR ISABELLE TREMBLAY, MARTIN ROY FIGHTS TO THE FINISH  (Read 505 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
TOP TEN FOR ISABELLE TREMBLAY, MARTIN ROY FIGHTS TO THE FINISH

August 5, 2012.  There was plenty of excitement entering the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series race at the Grand Prix of Trois-Rivieres.  Martin Roy posted three consecutive top ten results in the #90 Veloce/Gamache Truck Centre Dodge during the recent western swing for the series.  And teammate Isabelle Tremblay also returned to competition in the #07 Frank Lyman Design Dodge to compete in the historic event.  While Tremblay posted her first top ten finish of the season, Roy had a mechanical issue tarnish his result.

Both drivers worked very hard in practice beginning with a new race set up Crew Chief Mario Gosselin wanted to test.  The results were positive as both drivers had very strong cars.  Roy would qualify the #90 car seventh while Tremblay would roll off 19th for the feature race Sunday afternoon.

A downpour just before the start of the event delayed the race two hours.  Teams switched to rain tires before beginning the event on the damp track.

Once underway Roy was pushing his #90 Veloce/Gamache Truck Centre Dodge looking to move into the top five.  Sadly after only a handful of laps he was forced to make a stop for repairs.  “We had a problem with a broken axle” said Roy.  “It’s really too bad because the car was very fast.  When the team made repairs and I got back out I was careful but my speed was right there with the leaders” he added.

Isabelle Tremblay’s day in the #07 Frank Lyman Design Dodge would feature better results.  Proceeding cautiously at first in the damp conditions Tremblay began to get comfortable and then started moving forward in the field.  “I took it easy at first looking after the car.  I knew that the guys up front would battle hard and wanted to be sure to have the car to fight at the end of the race” explained Tremblay.  “The car the team gave me to work with was fantastic.  They were encouraging me to take my time and find the line I want to use and I was able to get around a lot of cars” she added.

Tremblay’s approached paid huge dividends.  She continued to move the #07 Frank Lyman Design Dodge in the field throughout the race.  Showing poise when the cars were bunched up for a final race restart Tremblay secured a tenth place result.  “Our goal was a top ten finish.  We did that, we brought the car home in good shape, this feels like a podium” she said afterwards.

Another top ten result for the team gives them a boost heading into the next event at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve as part of the NASCAR Nationwide weekend August 17 & 18.  “I was so moved by all the support of our families and our race fans here” said Tremblay.  “I must thank Bertrand Godin for all the help he gave me looking at data and the strong encouragement.  I can’t wait to get back out again in a couple of weeks”.

Though disappointed at his own finishing result, Martin Roy was very happy for his teammate.  “I’m very proud of what Isabelle accomplished today” said Roy.  “We plan to both be up there at the next event”.

Race fans will be able to watch the race from Trois-Rivieres on TSN2 Saturday August 11th at 9:30PM and September 5th at 10PM on RDS2. (All times Eastern). 

Prepared by Todd Lewis & TL Sports & Entertainment, todd@tlsportsent.com (239) 961-2618

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=16070.msg104013#msg104013
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats