Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Boucenna delivers in winning comeback  (Read 974 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Boucenna delivers in winning comeback
« on: June 08, 2014, 08:33:47 AM »

The Frenchman edges rookies Dupont e Ferrando

Brands Hatch, UK - Wilfried Boucenna (#33 Overdrive Chevrolet SS) drove his way up to the lead after starting from the 13th place on the grid for the ELITE 2 Saturday Race and won his first race of the season.

The Frenchman took the lead with a brilliant overtaking manoeuvre at Paddock Hill Bend on Maxime Dumarey (#24 PK Carsport Chevrolet SS) on lap 15 and brought his advantage on the Belgian driver to over 3 seconds when the yellow flag waved in the final stages of the 25 minutes race.

It all went down to a 1-lap dash to the checkered flag and Boucenna was able to maintain the lead, while a slight contact in turn 1 behind him resulted in a 3-position loss for Dumarey. Rookies Denis Dupont (#32 RCP - Marc VDS Toyota Camry) and Thomas Ferrando (#22 Overdrive-Buffalo Chevrolet Camaro) took advantage of the situation to finish respectively second and third.

“Qualifying didn’t go well for us, but I made a good start and tried to give my best to come back quickly,” said the 2009 champion, who will start from the pole for the Sunday Race. “As soon as I got in front I tried to preserve my tires for tomorrow and on the last lap I gave it all. Hopefully we can repeat tomorrow”.

Behind the two very promising young talents, Salvador Tineo Arroyo (#1 Ford Autolix Competition Ford Mustang) came home fourth, ahead of Dumarey. Luca Pirri (#25 CAAL Racing Chevrolet SS), Hugo Bec (#8 RDV Compétition Ford Mustang), who won the Gentleman Trophy classification, Jerome Laurin (#13 Bull Racing Team Ford Mustang) – first in the Legend Trophy – Philipp Lietz (#86 TB Renauer Motorsport Ford Mustang) and Jerry De Weerdt (#11 PK Carsport Chevrolet SS) completed the top-10.

It was an heartbreaking race for both the DF1 Racing by B66 drivers: Francesca Linossi (#66 DF-1 Racing by B66 Chevrolet Camaro) and Marsilio Canuti (#77 DF-1 Racing by B66 Chevrolet Camaro) started from the first row, but both had troubles with their car and had to retire.

The ELITE 2 Sunday Race is scheduled for tomorrow at 4:50 PM GMT.

Credits: NASCAR Whelen Euro Series / Stephane Azemard.

For any request, please contact: media@teamfj.com

NASCAR Whelen Euro Series
Tel : +33 (0) 254.45.54.45
E-mail : nwes@teamfj.com
Web : www.NASCARWhelenEuroSeries.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=19381.msg111225#msg111225
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: June 08, 2014, 08:33:47 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats