Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Cornwall Motor Speedway owner & promoter says farewell  (Read 781 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Cornwall Motor Speedway owner & promoter says farewell
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:35:40 PM »
Ron Morin expresses gratitude to fans, sponsors and friends as he ends his career in racing

10 April, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

I got into the business of motor sports a long time ago, as a competitor and more recently, as the promoter of the Cornwall Motor Speedway. This sport has been my passion for more than three decades, but all good things must eventually come to an end. The time has come for me to step aside, to enjoy retirement and to go back to the roots of my passion for this sport – to become a fan of racing once again.

As many of you know, the sale of the Cornwall Motor Speedway is nearing completion, and I will not be returning as the promoter for this beloved race track this coming season. I'd like to take this opportunity to wish the new ownership group well as they bring about a new era for dirt racing in Cornwall.

Throughout my career, I have been blessed to have met many people; competitors, crews, sponsors and fans from all across North America.

I would like to thank all of the employees who have worked at the Cornwall Motor Speedway throughout the years. Without you, it would not have been possible to wave that green flag each and every Sunday night. Your tireless work has given Cornwall a well-deserved reputation of being one of the best dirt tracks in the Northeast; track competitors want to win at.

To the competitors, thank you for coming to Cornwall and thrilling our fans with your skill, speed and drive to win. Many champions have been made here in Cornwall, and our fan base continues to grow because of the compete level of the drivers and crews.

To the many sponsors who have partnered with the Cornwall Motor Speedway, thank you for your generosity, your partnership and your commitment to this community.

To the promoters from other tracks: I have always been pleased with the collaborative spirit in my dealings with other race tracks across the Northeast. I'd like to thank you all as well as thank our sanctioning body, the World Racing Group.

And most importantly to our fans thank you for passing through our gates and supporting dirt racing in Cornwall. The success of the Cornwall Motor Speedway could never have been possible without the continued support from our fans.

As I prepare to enjoy retirement, I am confident in the ongoing and continued success of the Cornwall Motor Speedway. I have accepted an invitation from the new ownership group to stay on in an advisory capacity, and will maintain a limited involvement. Race fans can be assured that my retirement does not mean my leaving the sport – it simply means I will return to the origins and roots of my passion. I began my career in racing as a fan, and will end my career as a devoted fan of this sport.

See you at the races.

Ron Morin 

FOR MORE INFORMATION
Carol Morin-Flanagan:     carol@cornwallspeedway.com 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=18981.msg110684#msg110684
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: April 11, 2014, 02:35:40 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats