Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Poll

What Should the Owners of Delaware Do?

Fix the Problems and Get Kevin and Amy Back
7 (87.5%)
Fix Problems and Proceed Without Kevin and Amy
1 (12.5%)
Proceed with Status Quo, and Do Not Fix Problems and Hire New Management
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: January 28, 2007, 08:30:43 PM

Author Topic: Underlying Questions  (Read 1425 times)

Offline RetiredSpeedRacer

• Race Fan
Underlying Questions
« on: January 28, 2007, 08:30:43 PM »
Underlying Questions

Well it’s been well over a week since the news broke about the resignation of the Delaware Speedway management team.  So far no news from the race track has been released, other than the note about the schedule is still goes.  I am still skeptical because the lack of information provided by race track.  Kevin wrote a very good letter to the race teams so explain his positions.  The letter leaves me with questions.  The letter Kevin wrote is in the quote

Friends,

I hope this letter finds you well.

I am writing to inform you that I have resigned from my position as General Manager of Delaware Speedway, effective immediately, due to untenable working conditions and lack of support from current ownership.

What are these “untenable working conditions and lack of support from current ownership.”?  Does this affect the race teams? Fans? If not, its none of our business.

2007 would have been my tenth season as part of the race track. In that time, I have come to know and love countless numbers of people in both the business and racing community that have become like family.

The dedication and commitment exhibited by the race teams and event staff is second-to-none. These people should expect nothing less from the people operating the race track.

Should the race teams not expect “dedication and commitment “ from the people operating the race track this year? Is it declining? What are the racers going to lose?

I am ˆ and will continue to be ˆ exceptionally grateful for the efforts and support of the race teams, staff, business partners and fans at Delaware Speedway. I wish only for good things for all of them and their families.

I hope that we will have the chance to see and talk to each other again soon.

Sincerely,

Kevin Bulmer

These are huge questions that need to be answered from the ownership group or some official from Delaware Speedway.  The racers need to know what is going on there to comfort them to continue with their investment in the speedway?  Remember to build a Late Model is $70,000 to the fans here, plus $20,000 to $30,000 to run it yearly.

I think the reason why Kevin and Amy left because the racers are going to get burned. I know I am not the only one feeling that way. Many of the racers I have talked to are feeling the same. They need to know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  They have a lot of money invested in the track. A race team is investment (not sure good or bad)  and to those who don’t know its cost $60,000 - $70,000 to build a late model and another $25,000 to $30,000 to run it for the year.  The racers need to know what is going on so they can plan accordingly.

Also I would like to know how come Jeff Wilcox didn’t leave because of the
“untenable working conditions and lack of support from current ownership”? Or does he have good working conditions? I heard he was supposed to leave with Kevin and Amy but chickened out?  If that is true, I guess he doesn’t support the group of racer who he represents!

To those who may think, I am being too negative. I like to prepare for the worst-case scenario.  It was the way I ran my business and my team.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5814.msg22882#msg22882
I had the need for speed

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Underlying Questions
« on: January 28, 2007, 08:30:43 PM »

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
RE: Underlying Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 11:14:16 PM »
Well, its pretty tough to decide what the owners should do if we don't even know what the problem is/was. Don't you think?

I think the reason why Kevin and Amy left because the racers are going to get burned. I know I am not the only one feeling that way. Many of the racers I have talked to are feeling the same.

Speculation.  Even if 1000 people feel this way...it's still speculation.

Go back and read that article. What we're suffering from here is an irresponsible headline. There wasn't anything in the body of the story that would indicate anything besides "the GM and the (whatever her title is) quit." Untenable working conditions could mean anything. Hell, maybe they were asked to take a pay cut and walked. Maybe they just had pesonality conflicts. Maybe the owner told them they can't have heat in the trailer. I'd be willing to bet that it had zero to do with the actual racing program at all. The point is, WE DON'T KNOW.

Fer crying out loud, you think they're not working on it? So let em' work it out.

Having siad that, I do feel the owners need to release some kind of announcement to set everyone at ease. My guess is they'll do that when they find another GM.

They said the season's gonna go. We've been given no reason to think this isn't the case, beyond speculation, hearsay and a lot of pessimism.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5814.msg22888#msg22888
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

HTML ezBlock

site
stats