Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Happy 13th for canadianracingonline.com being Online

Submitted By: CanadianRacingOnline Date: May 03, 2012, 11:00:35 PM Views: 583

It doesn't seem like 13 years but it is. CRO started in 1999. (Formerly know as CASCARONLINE.com)

If it wasn't for the Toronto Indy CRO maybe would have never existed as I heard about CASCAR via ad TV or paper ad for the Toronto Indy.

I went on the net and did a search for CASCAR and I found this really messy message system.

I then thought to myself I can create a good message forum, as I have been doing communications online before the Internet. I ran a great BBS that carried messages around the world via Fido Net.

The first month I got over 16,000 hits to the CASCARONLINE.COM site and then we began to grow and now we get anywhere from 1.6 to 3.5 Million hits a month.

When NASCAR bought CASCAR I had to give up the domain name but I had already began to move the site in a new direction of covering more then just CASCAR stuff so the site was already setup in 2003 with the new name of CanadianRacingOnline.com and cover racing mainly in Canada and some US.

The next step for CRO is to get a partner or two, as I refuse to sell the site off as there has been offers.

A partner would be the best thing for CRO and I know this will happen one day just like with advertisers on CRO for over 10 years we really didn't have any advertisers and now we do.

I'm very happy with the site, as we are reaching a whole new audience with the site being able to feed to many social media networks.

Rating: This article has not been rated yet.

HTML ezBlock

site
stats