Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: NASCAR coming to Cayuga Speedway  (Read 22755 times)

Offline barriefan1

• Rookie Driver
Re: NASCAR coming to Cayuga Speedway
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2009, 08:49:25 AM »
If Dilley cant resign a sponsor..do you really think him and Dave are back ??

Gibbons had the best deal going and he walked away form it so he didnt have to be around when the bottom fell out...

Donny has one more year with Home...when its done - he's done...

J.R. is seeking sponsorship to move on to Trucks or Arca...can you blame him and his Dad for looking elsewhere...

D.J. is only here as long as Castrol is..when ther gone so is D.J.

Mick's is tied by Behond Digital, and thank god because if they were out so would be Micks.

I don't know how many racers CAN afford to keep going on just what's in their pocket...

Look at how many cup teams are dropping out because they've lost their funding... and really, do you blame JR FOR TRYING TO ADVANCE HIS CAREER!??

I hope you've enjoyed your 15 seconds of fame as a local nay-sayer on here.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9189.msg63573#msg63573

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2009, 08:49:25 AM »

Offline B.A.R.

• Track Owner
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2009, 09:23:11 AM »
I am only stating the facts....
This series, or any other series of this size, cannot survive without sponsorship when the folks that acctually run the deal couldnt give two cents about the teams orthe future of the sport.
As long as Nascar keeps paying out mini stock purses this will never change and you will see less and less teams even trying to make the attempt to compete in the series.

If all of you guys that keep telling me, I am beating up the series, were to wake up and started to see things in my perspective you would all see where I am coming from.

We all understand that Sponsors are very hard to get at any level, and when asking for a half a million you get real use to having the doors clsoe on your face.
Saying that, the only thing that is going to save the NCTS is Nascar themselves.

Cut out the stupid rule changes that cost money, leave the motor program alone, and for once open up you wallets and make the payout enough that teams can at least make an attempt to run on winnings instead of running on debt.

In the next year they are going to loose so many cars because of the cost and the poor payouts...why not make an attempt to fix it now is all I am saying.

Its the worst of two evils really...
The more teams that leave the NCTS the higher the car counts go in OSCAAR, the OSS, and Saturday Night Late Model feilds....

Now that I have said that, ( light bulb went on) just let the series die so we can build our own Canadian Owned series back to what they used to be.  HellYa !!

You will never hear me every bash the NCTS on here ever again, instead I wish them all the worst of luck so we can get back to Canadian Racing on our terms !!

Sorry for the inconvience over the past year.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9189.msg63575#msg63575

Offline NSCR-Medic

• Pit Crew
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2009, 10:40:09 AM »
So BAR is not returning to NCaTS because adding spindle teathers and reinforcing the roll cages for safety are stupid rule changes, and possibly going to a $20,000 to $25,000 spec motor that can last an entire season as apposed to a $40,000 built motor is a bad idea because all this money is going into NASCAR's pocket (so he likes everyone to think) well I guess all the black helicopters can be put back in the hanger until he becomes disenchanted with the OSS.....Bye, Bye.

As for the race purses, and this is one for Jason W. to help with.....are the purses not set by the track promotor based on the money they get from the race sponsor?  According to what I have heard this week on Sirius, the track sends the purse money to NASCAR and all they do is write the cheques to the teams. NASCAR does not 'pay' the purse.

Enjoy the OSS BAR, maybe you can be competative and happy there.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9189.msg63576#msg63576

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2009, 10:40:09 AM »

Offline longstreet

• Series Owner
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2009, 01:51:16 PM »
medic take some time and do the math for what nascar gets from the tracks and series sponsers and then total purse money and see if there is a black hole there.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9189.msg63584#msg63584
same as the old boss

HTML ezBlock

site
stats