Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Att: 4Fun Drivers at Sunset  (Read 38936 times)

Offline Deb

• Team Owner
    • http://
Re: Att: 4Fun Drivers at Sunset
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2008, 01:33:15 AM »
Hey guys sorry if I offended anyone on here.  The spelling thing was more of a joke, my kids spell the same way, I wasn't born yesterday I understand that's just slang!!

As far as making mistakes damn straight I do.  Right now I am keeping track of 140 registered drivers in all 4 divisions.  That doesn't mean that they are at the track each night but their points etc still have to be worked out.

When I took over On June 7th, Sunset already had 5 nights under it's belt for racing.  I took home the score sheets (might I add that had been done on scrap paper) I spent hours of my own time working out the best finishes possible.  Do you realize how hard this was, I had to literally go car by car, lap by lap for each car in every divison.  Over and over again for five nights to get the numbers I did and be as accurate as I could be.

I was origionally told that the feature line ups were based over the last three nights of running.  I included the heat points in these totals only to find out I think it was two weeks later that it was based on the feature points only and it was the highest 3 points nights out of the last 5 run.  Anyway this definately makes a difference in starting line ups and the changes were made.  I primarily have been working on my own in the tower with little to no back up.  I have been able to get Karen Case to come back on board with us (there is a god) as Karen and I work awesome together.  Although Karen has some previous commitments and can't be there everynight.

Might I add I was asked to handicapp and score the features.  Right now I'm scoring all heat races and handicapping and yes your right it's causing errors to be made.  But like I've told you before and I'll say it again when I'm approached I do the best I can to correct the problem.

And Mark you might have been at Sunset for 4+ years but I've spent a lifetime there, even watched it being built.  I have been apart of racing from every angle, my father built the track and raced on it in the early years,  my brother raced, my stepfather raced, I've toured every track in Ontario and the majority of the states. 

Please don't make me out to be just some dumb broad that is over opinionated!!!! 

Not that this is anyones fault but I have a demanding job and lately have had to work 60+ hours a week and I'm sure this probably hasn't helped in the mistake department....

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51613#msg51613
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:38:41 AM by Deb »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2008, 01:33:15 AM »

Offline Hardcore Racing

• Series Owner
    • http://www.sprintprinting.on.ca/jtracing
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2008, 01:50:35 AM »
Well Deb for what it is worth when things were screwy in the beginning and we all were at our wits end wondering how it kept going on and on I approached you and found you to be a sweetheart... a breath of fresh air. There are a few people like this at the track but I do see as time goes on the stress of things showing on the faces of people working at the track. I am sure you know what I am talking about.

Add to that some choose to not speak in public or simply offer nice replies in forums like this but I have talked to many in person and enough to get a general feeling that there is a large percentage of unhappy workers at the track. If you combine that with racers it doesn't make for a good mix.

I wouldn't want to touch your job with a ten foot pole. I know it looked like it ran smooth in the past but I also know how it was ran then too....lol. There was a person watching the front of the pack and another watching the back. Upon restarts the back of pack watcher would offer up positions only to be told they weren't needed. The people from mid pack back don't pay as much attention to those kind of things.

I think it is just a bunch of little things that add up and by reading your posts this week I can see you have some frustrations too all of which I am sure are for good reasons. What we all need is a sense of calm and reason in the middle of all this and for somebody to say everything will be ok and put some smiles on the faces of staff and drivers.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51615#msg51615
Harold - JT Racing - #42 four cylinder
2004 Sunset Speedway Track Champion

Offline SSWebguy

• Track Owner
  • EX-Webguy :)
« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »
...Please don't make me out to be just some dumb broad that is over opinionated!!!! 

Well I don't remember anywhere along the line calling you a "dumb broad", so unless you're joking please don't put words in my mouth Deb.  But the 10 dollar comment was not called for. Since you profess to have been so involved in the track in year's past, put yourself in a driver's shoes just for a few minutes and think how they feel right now.

Believe it or not I respect what you have on your plate there (remember I did all the points and stat from 2004-2006 so I know what it is about).  But others have opinions here too.

Mark

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51631#msg51631

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »

username

« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2008, 11:49:02 AM »
Hey guys sorry if I offended anyone on here.  The spelling thing was more of a joke, my kids spell the same way, I wasn't born yesterday I understand that's just slang!!

As far as making mistakes damn straight I do.  Right now I am keeping track of 140 registered drivers in all 4 divisions.  That doesn't mean that they are at the track each night but their points etc still have to be worked out.

When I took over On June 7th, Sunset already had 5 nights under it's belt for racing.  I took home the score sheets (might I add that had been done on scrap paper) I spent hours of my own time working out the best finishes possible.  Do you realize how hard this was, I had to literally go car by car, lap by lap for each car in every divison.  Over and over again for five nights to get the numbers I did and be as accurate as I could be.

I was origionally told that the feature line ups were based over the last three nights of running.  I included the heat points in these totals only to find out I think it was two weeks later that it was based on the feature points only and it was the highest 3 points nights out of the last 5 run.  Anyway this definately makes a difference in starting line ups and the changes were made.  I primarily have been working on my own in the tower with little to no back up.  I have been able to get Karen Case to come back on board with us (there is a god) as Karen and I work awesome together.  Although Karen has some previous commitments and can't be there everynight.

Might I add I was asked to handicapp and score the features.  Right now I'm scoring all heat races and handicapping and yes your right it's causing errors to be made.  But like I've told you before and I'll say it again when I'm approached I do the best I can to correct the problem.

And Mark you might have been at Sunset for 4+ years but I've spent a lifetime there, even watched it being built.  I have been apart of racing from every angle, my father built the track and raced on it in the early years,  my brother raced, my stepfather raced, I've toured every track in Ontario and the majority of the states. 

Please don't make me out to be just some dumb broad that is over opinionated!!!! 

Not that this is anyones fault but I have a demanding job and lately have had to work 60+ hours a week and I'm sure this probably hasn't helped in the mistake department....

if the job is too hard to do by yourself without making mistakes tell wes you can't do it alone and he needs to have another person there full time to help you so they are right.
if they are going to be wrong why bother keeping track in the first place...

i don't envy your position but if you are in charge you are responsible for the job, so any changes you need have to be brought forward by you to wes or nothing will get better.

maybe one less division will help....

we should start scoring with smaller #'s or hire more help for the scorer....whatever it takes for accuracy.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51637#msg51637

Offline Deb

• Team Owner
« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2008, 12:08:33 PM »
If you had of read in my post we have Karen on board to help out.

Mistakes I don't care if 10 people are up there to do the job they are gonna happen.

As far as not being able to do the job I kept track of over 250 cars one year for Steve Slaughter in the wonder years and had no difficulty.  It honestly hasn't helped starting part way thru the season.

But username if it would make you happy I could quite tonight and have fun racing.  That's how silly you sound!!!

It's no like every other person out on the street has experience handicapping or scoring stock cars.  Trust me I'd love help but it's not that simple.

Username in a perfect world there would be no mistakes, unfortunately that's impossible!!!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51638#msg51638

username

« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2008, 12:18:04 PM »
If you had of read in my post we have Karen on board to help out.

Mistakes I don't care if 10 people are up there to do the job they are gonna happen.

As far as not being able to do the job I kept track of over 250 cars one year for Steve Slaughter in the wonder years and had no difficulty.  It honestly hasn't helped starting part way thru the season.

But username if it would make you happy I could quite tonight and have fun racing.  That's how silly you sound!!!

It's no like every other person out on the street has experience handicapping or scoring stock cars.  Trust me I'd love help but it's not that simple.

Username in a perfect world there would be no mistakes, unfortunately that's impossible!!!!

deb i did read your post.  you said she can't be there every night.  i said you should have someone to help you every night....i know i sound silly but you making mistakes that only hurt me when the father of your grandchild is leading the points makes you look shady.

i don't want to fight anymore...sorry if i offended you but i'm frustrated..
i'm sure you are with me too....so we're even lol

see you at the track....

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51639#msg51639

Offline Wild Bill

• Pit Crew
« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2008, 12:46:57 PM »
Deb...  My 55 4-fun car has not even been shown in the points standings for some time now I have inquired about it but.. same old same old

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51642#msg51642

Offline WES

• Pit Crew
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2008, 01:39:37 AM »

Deb is the very best there is! so you guys and gals leave her alone, she has a job to do, that I for one could never do! just be thankfull that we have  Deb Karen and Frenchie in the tower (not one but three) to make sure you are well taken care of.
Wes Good

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51669#msg51669

Offline WES

• Pit Crew
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2008, 01:55:35 AM »
...Please don't make me out to be just some dumb broad that is over opinionated!!!! 

Well I don't remember anywhere along the line calling you a "dumb broad", so unless you're joking please don't put words in my mouth Deb.  But the 10 dollar comment was not called for. Since you profess to have been so involved in the track in year's past, put yourself in a driver's shoes just for a few minutes and think how they feel right now.

Believe it or not I respect what you have on your plate there (remember I did all the points and stat from 2004-2006 so I know what it is about).  But others have opinions here too.

Mark

Mark for a man that is not a racer, not a pit crew, and not a sponsor of any cars that I am aware of you sure have a lot to say! is that because you are an OPP OFFICER and you think that you comments merit more notice than others? or are you just a Joker trying to stir things up?

Either way I am not impressed with some of you remarks! and I know some of it stems from the fact that you wee fired from Sunset(?)

but remarks like this are on called for

(But the 10 dollar comment was not called for. Since you profess to have been so involved in the track in year's past, put yourself in a driver's shoes just for a few minutes and think how they feel right now.)

This ladys father built this track! and he also raced on it ! and when I took it over he helped me a great deal getting started! he is a friend of all racers and a friend of anyone who knew him!
He was a great father, and grand father !

Now for your Question, (put yourself in a driver's shoes just for a few minutes and think how they feel right now.) ? am I missing something here?

How do the fans and the sponsors and the owners feel???

We don't all get a great paycheck from the OPP each week. we have to work hard to earn our money! not beeing nasty just a coment.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51670#msg51670

Offline holland landing

• Car Owner
  • [URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/62049881.jpg/][
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2008, 07:51:27 AM »
 After reading the above post i relize i made the right choice in leaving Sunset and going to Peterborough .

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51676#msg51676

Offline Deb

• Team Owner
« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2008, 10:16:05 AM »

Mark

\

Mark I said 'DON'T MAKE ME OUT TO BE SOME DUMB BROAD", I never said you called me that.
Yes I do know you did the points and yes I did leave after the 2003 season.  So I was gone for 4 years.

I think I can well put myself in a drivers postion.  My brother raced and won numerous championships, my stepfather and now my husband.  I do understand their frustration but......if you were pulled over on the highway by the mto and they told you, your car is unsafe either fix it or park it..........are you gonna wine and cry about it??? you don't get any notice it's an immediate thing.
Anyway Mark I have nothing against you, we actually did work together in 2003 and you did a great job of the web-site when you were doing it.  Yes your right were are all entitled to our opinions on here.  Anyway that said, happy posting.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51700#msg51700

Offline SSWebguy

• Track Owner
« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2008, 11:49:09 AM »
Mark for a man that is not a racer, not a pit crew, and not a sponsor of any cars that I am aware of you sure have a lot to say! is that because you are an OPP OFFICER and you think that you comments merit more notice than others? or are you just a Joker trying to stir things up?

Either way I am not impressed with some of you remarks! and I know some of it stems from the fact that you wee fired from Sunset(?)

but remarks like this are on called for

(But the 10 dollar comment was not called for. Since you profess to have been so involved in the track in year's past, put yourself in a driver's shoes just for a few minutes and think how they feel right now.)

This ladys father built this track! and he also raced on it ! and when I took it over he helped me a great deal getting started! he is a friend of all racers and a friend of anyone who knew him!
He was a great father, and grand father !

Now for your Question, (put yourself in a driver's shoes just for a few minutes and think how they feel right now.) ? am I missing something here?

How do the fans and the sponsors and the owners feel???

We don't all get a great paycheck from the OPP each week. we have to work hard to earn our money! not beeing nasty just a coment.

*Sigh*

OK, I'm going to go over this again.  I am NOT an OPP officer, have never told anyone I am, and whoever told you that is either a liar or has assumed I am one because I work for them.  Get this through your head and STOP making false statements.

Noone said my comments have more merit than others.  But I DO have more recent experience with this group of drivers and staff than you or Deb, plus last I checked we are all entitled to our opinions.  If you don't like them, that's too bad.  So far I don't like your comments here so we're even.

And as for me being FIRED, that is an out and out lie.  I quit for my own personal reasons - one of then being I felt I wasn't spending enough time doing the website - but after seeing what you have turned it in to, I coulda done it in a coma and it would have been better.  If there was anyone who was fired it was Deb at the end of 2003.

You, once again, have crossed the line.  And you ARE being nasty.  I cannot believe the crap you post as the OWNER of the speedway.  You should have a lot more decorum than that.

Mark

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51723#msg51723

Offline blkflagagain

• Fell short of the 20 race mark in 2009.. Quite sad indeed!!!
  • Series Owner
  • Good luck to all in 2012
« Reply #162 on: August 24, 2008, 11:55:15 AM »
Mark save your breath bud, it just aint worth it!!!! All I can say is after my Dad and I spent the better part of 30 years at Sunset you now see why I'm glad I'm smart enough not to attend races there now!!! Hope to see you and Mel at BSW soon bud and say hi to her for me!!! So when did you become a cop buddy??? LOL

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51726#msg51726
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

Offline SSWebguy

• Track Owner
« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2008, 11:58:54 AM »
Mark save your breath bud, it just aint worth it!!!! All I can say is after my Dad and I spent the better part of 30 years at Sunset you now see why I'm glad I'm smart enough not to attend races there now!!! Hope to see you and Mel at BSW soon bud and say hi to her for me!!! So when did you become a cop buddy??? LOL

Well that's kinda the point, I'm not. :)

Woulda last night but we went to PTBO instead to support the Four Funs that went.  It was a messed up night with cautions and the curfew, but was fun nonetheless.

Mark

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51728#msg51728

Offline Hardcore Racing

• Series Owner
    • http://www.sprintprinting.on.ca/jtracing
« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2008, 12:47:19 PM »
Mark

How many 4 funs from Sunset ended up at Peterborough?

Oh and btw congrats on the new job..lol

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8186.msg51737#msg51737
Harold - JT Racing - #42 four cylinder
2004 Sunset Speedway Track Champion

HTML ezBlock

site
stats