Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Line up for OSCARR'S Features  (Read 3063 times)

Offline nascar329

• Series Owner
Line up for OSCARR'S Features
« on: June 16, 2013, 12:23:54 AM »
I'd really like to know why OSCAAR starts fast cars at front, it's stupid.
Was at Barrie & B. Watson at front, some people were leaving 1/2 way threw race & after it was all over people complaining about it on way to parking lot, some were even saying B. Watson was OSCAAR'S suck.
I for 1 probably won't go to another Oscaar race.

Why can't they start top points at back & let them make their way to front; and don't tell me this causes wrecks cause it was always way racing used to be and there wasn't that many problems OR can't they drive in traffic.

Head & foot has to be connected to race !

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17789.msg107894#msg107894

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Line up for OSCARR'S Features
« on: June 16, 2013, 12:23:54 AM »

Offline jcrashm2

• Series Owner
Re: Line up for OSCARR'S Features
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 01:16:44 AM »
personally i like how they do it at the big dirt shows...the top 12 qualifiers pull numbers for their starting spot...mixes it up a bit...but starting the fastest cars on the front row works for nascar but not at the local short track...boringgggg

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17789.msg107896#msg107896
Raced Flamboro,Varney,Sauble,Barrie,CNE, Sunset,Ohsweken,Humberstone,Peterboro, Paris,Delaware

Offline blkflagagain

• Fell short of the 20 race mark in 2009.. Quite sad indeed!!!
  • Series Owner
  • Good luck to all in 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 01:31:51 AM »
Well apparently from the way I understand it OSCAAR runs the qualifying heats then splits the field in half for two different pill draws.. Top half qualifiers pull a #from 1-10 and same applies for the cars that qualify 11th-20th.. Its not anyone's fault that Brandon drew #1?? Just a stroke of good luck on his part.. What did you expect him to do?? Say "heck no I don't want pole positioning I'd rather start 10th??".. The kid drove a whale a race and Tiemersma and Gresel sure weren't letting him run away with it by any means.. Granted there wasn't a lot of meaningful passes within the top 5 but there still were a couple.. The best racing was taking place from 5th-10th and anybody that doesn't appreciate that kind of racing wouldn't know good short track racing if they were sitting at Bristol!!! ;)... I was more surprised at only one caution for a 50 lap Super Late race at Barrie.... Full moon anyone??

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17789.msg107897#msg107897
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:46:45 AM by blkflagagain »
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 01:31:51 AM »

Offline nascar329

• Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 01:12:10 PM »
Well apparently from the way I understand it OSCAAR runs the qualifying heats then splits the field in half for two different pill draws.. Top half qualifiers pull a #from 1-10 and same applies for the cars that qualify 11th-20th.. Its not anyone's fault that Brandon drew #1?? Just a stroke of good luck on his part.. What did you expect him to do?? Say "heck no I don't want pole positioning I'd rather start 10th??".. The kid drove a whale a race and Tiemersma and Gresel sure weren't letting him run away with it by any means.. Granted there wasn't a lot of meaningful passes within the top 5 but there still were a couple.. The best racing was taking place from 5th-10th and anybody that doesn't appreciate that kind of racing wouldn't know good short track racing if they were sitting at Bristol!!! ;)... I was more surprised at only one caution for a 50 lap Super Late race at Barrie.... Full moon anyone??
...I didn't say that he should say no to taking the pole, point I'm trying to make is OSCAAR is losing fans cause they tired of watching boring racing "due to the fact of the way line-ups are done" 1
It would definetly make a better race to watch cars like the #9, #22, #49 etc make there way to the front and if not we'd see diff drivers win a race for a change & BTW I've probably been to more races than you can shake a stick at , both here & USA.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17789.msg107909#msg107909

Offline Joe Chisholm JR

• Pit Crew
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 02:36:27 PM »
Im a little one sided here but that was some of the most exciting short track races I have seen in a long long time... the top 3were under a blanket for the last 15 laps and the heat races were wild aswell... there was a little controversy in the mod feature a bunch of really close racing and exciting moments where the 2nd or 3rd place guy could have made a move the instant that B Watson made a mistake..  the heat race where Rob Clarke and Bwatson could be one of the closest finishes of the year... Great crowd , decent car count, nice weather... if anyone didnt find that exciting they should go watch something else and stop trash talking the sport we all love... the only thing that would of made the super race any better would be to have a minimum speed because there were a few moving pilons out there... BUT I have to admit the lap cars showed huuuuge respect to the fast cars... great job to everyone... OSCAAR has it going on right now ...

Coolest part ...I didnt hear ONE person crying about a rules package ... Hardcore racing want boring ? look at the Michigan cup race .... Single file seperated by 50 car lengths.

Pumped for Sunset ...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17789.msg107911#msg107911

Offline don91

• Team Owner
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 02:56:39 PM »
 I know what nascar329 is saying, racing years ago was fun seeing top qualifiers start at back.
 Not sure what reason is for having them start up front, maybe someone has the answer to that question.
 Not taking anything away from these top qualifying drivers but would love to see the results if they started at back instead of at the front, no doubt that results probably end the same but would make a more interesting race!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17789.msg107912#msg107912

Offline ernie

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 03:11:53 PM »
Seems to me that the goal of racing is to go fast and win. Why bother qualifying if you are going to put the fast guys at the back. Might as well just invert the field from the previous race results and get rid of heats and qualifying then. Not hard for guys to throw a qualifying lap or heat race to get a good starting position. Not many guys are going to throw a race to get a better starting position the next week. Can't see a problem with starting fast guys up front at small tracks like Barrie or Sunset. They will have to pass the slow guys regardless.

Also glad to hear the SLM guys are getting their act together. The race at Delaware last year was....well....embarrassing. The MODs were the show that weekend.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17789.msg107913#msg107913
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 03:47:51 PM by ernie »

Offline Joe Chisholm JR

• Pit Crew
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 03:26:41 PM »
The reason is that it costs big money for all of the competitors to fix these $65,000 and that was back in the day when there was 4-5 cars that could win from anywhere on the track ... now we have 13-15 cars that can win on any given night... 

Why change a good thing... Brandon wasnt the top qualifier... he drew a #1... the top qualifier was Gresel and he drew a 5... there is still a shake up in the starting order but it stops a car that is 3-4tenths off the pace from starting up front and causing a massive wreck... we all know these teams cant afford that stuff... if you wanna watch cars drive around pilons grab a lawnchair and go sit at the drivers ed parking lot... and if you wanna watch exciting racing come on out to an OSCAAR race they'll love to have ya cheering in the stands!

and please dont say "then dont drive into the slower cars and wreck your stuff..." Im too fat tired and lazy to get into an argument...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17789.msg107914#msg107914

Offline ernie

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 03:44:06 PM »

and please dont say "then dont drive into the slower cars and wreck your stuff..." Im too fat tired and lazy to get into an argument...

LOL +100

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17789.msg107915#msg107915

Offline blkflagagain

• Fell short of the 20 race mark in 2009.. Quite sad indeed!!!
  • Series Owner
  • Good luck to all in 2012
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 06:04:05 AM »
...I didn't say that he should say no to taking the pole, point I'm trying to make is OSCAAR is losing fans cause they tired of watching boring racing "due to the fact of the way line-ups are done" 1
It would definetly make a better race to watch cars like the #9, #22, #49 etc make there way to the front and if not we'd see diff drivers win a race for a change & BTW I've probably been to more races than you can shake a stick at , both here & USA.

Well from the way I see it Oscaar has a pretty decent fan base and always has, because a lot of old school race fans like ourselves enjoy the high horsepower Super Lates and can connect with them as there was a time when virtually every track in the area ran them.. And I wasn't really directing my response at you per say NASCAR 329.. I guess I was directing it more so at the fans you say you encountered on your way out the door.. Perhaps I should of made that more clear.. And I'm also very well aware of who you are, and don't doubt for a moment that you've been to your fair share of races.. I personally am with the majority on here it seems, and understand why the Oscaar folks line the field the way they do.. Lets face it there's not a lot of opportunity for passing on these tight tracks like Barrie, Sunset, Pete, Flammy, and Sauble, so I fully understand the possible damage incurred theory and don't blame them for aligning the field the way they do to try and avoid that.. Like I say I still found it to be a really decent race.. Gresel and Glenn Watson made some passes within the top 5 and the race between Hawn, Owen, Bourque, and Poole just outside of the top 5 was some of the best Super Late racing I've personally seen in quite sometime. Would agree that maybe on the larger tracks they could try something different, but they only race two of those this season {well one now that Mosport went kaput} and who knows if there will be a Kawartha race next year or not.. Now the Mods are another story.. While I find them very unique and cool looking, and their brand of racing also pretty unique they definitely need more cars out in the future to keep my interest.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17789.msg107993#msg107993
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:41:06 AM by blkflagagain »
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

HTML ezBlock

site
stats