Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Chaos Car Cancellation: A bad descision  (Read 5987 times)

Offline bornagain

• Chaos Car Driver
  • Rookie Driver
Chaos Car Cancellation: A bad descision
« on: September 08, 2009, 02:31:08 PM »
If you were to look to the stands on saturday, you would have seen many fans who specifically came out to support the Chaos Cars(Snotrods fans with new shirts, posters and snot green balloons and of course The red Baron with the new posters too)  If you were to just listen to the fans you would have been able to hear the boos when the Chaos Car race was cancelled.  Delaware should not be stooping to such low levels of cancelling a race that would be over inm just under 15 minutes more. 

As a driver in the Chaos Cars division (Born Again) I can state that just as much work go's into getting the cars prepared and to the track for each race as other divisions.  We also have costs involved including gas for getting the car to the track.  I feel that as a result of Delawares poor decision we should all be conpensated for the incurrred costs of getting to the track since many of us have to by pit passes because we have more than 2 crew.

Also as a result the Chaos Car championship is basically dicided since there is no longer an ability for drivers to catch eachother in points.  Because of this delaware needs to finod a way to make this up whether it be double points for the next race or do two Chaos Car races at the nationals to compensate for the damage done to the division.

Also the person who made the call should have been the one to go down to the pits to explain to the drivers that the race was cancelled.  Obviously the person responsible was not man enough to do so though.  I think that this person should be responsible for apologizing to all the fans and drivers in person at the next race.

The Chaos cars may be an entry level racing division, but are still just as important as the APC late models, and should not be looked down apon just because the cars cost under $1000 to build but instead should be given equal opertunity to succeed.  Delaware is the only track with this division and as a result these cars we have all invested in building have no where else to go but Delaware Speedway what use to be the finest short track speedway and could still be depending on decisions made by staff and owners of the speedway.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73135#msg73135

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Chaos Car Cancellation: A bad descision
« on: September 08, 2009, 02:31:08 PM »

Offline smithbarney

• Series Owner
Re: Chaos Car Cancellation: A bad descision
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 02:52:25 PM »
Had the oss not been so slow, taken up all of the alloted time you would have been able to run...  very long program to sit through...

The call was made because of a local curfew that heas been in place for years something the race director should have explained...

I am sure it will be made up to you at some point in time....

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73138#msg73138

Offline Racer43

• Series Owner
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 03:43:45 PM »
If you were to look to the stands on saturday, you would have seen many fans who specifically came out to support the Chaos Cars(Snotrods fans with new shirts, posters and snot green balloons and of course The red Baron with the new posters too)  If you were to just listen to the fans you would have been able to hear the boos when the Chaos Car race was cancelled.  Delaware should not be stooping to such low levels of cancelling a race that would be over inm just under 15 minutes more. 

As a driver in the Chaos Cars division (Born Again) I can state that just as much work go's into getting the cars prepared and to the track for each race as other divisions.  We also have costs involved including gas for getting the car to the track.  I feel that as a result of Delawares poor decision we should all be conpensated for the incurrred costs of getting to the track since many of us have to by pit passes because we have more than 2 crew.

Also as a result the Chaos Car championship is basically dicided since there is no longer an ability for drivers to catch eachother in points.  Because of this delaware needs to finod a way to make this up whether it be double points for the next race or do two Chaos Car races at the nationals to compensate for the damage done to the division.

Also the person who made the call should have been the one to go down to the pits to explain to the drivers that the race was cancelled.  Obviously the person responsible was not man enough to do so though.  I think that this person should be responsible for apologizing to all the fans and drivers in person at the next race.

The Chaos cars may be an entry level racing division, but are still just as important as the APC late models, and should not be looked down apon just because the cars cost under $1000 to build but instead should be given equal opertunity to succeed.  Delaware is the only track with this division and as a result these cars we have all invested in building have no where else to go but Delaware Speedway what use to be the finest short track speedway and could still be depending on decisions made by staff and owners of the speedway.

I do genuinely feel your pain. However you need read between the lines on what they are telling you.
I did have relatives ( all under 12 ) that were on the hill and waited through the LOSC endurance 50 lapper to see the CC race as they have never seen it and wanted to. They were disappointed as well. The curfew is the curfew and many of us have shared your feelings over the years with shortened or cancelled races. Its just part of the game. Could Delaware have changed the length of the LOSC race or counted cautions to accommodate the CC's? Yes. So whats that tell ya?
As far as a Chaos cars being as much work as any other division at DS. Give your head a shake. If you think that is the case then my point has been made about this being an entry level class. How much camber, caster, rear steer, wedge, stagger, bump, left side, rear and on and on I could go do you all run? It is what is, a filler for the kids and good for you for putting in the time, money and effort for just that.
Compensated for having to pay your way in. Guy if this is a way of finding out if want to move up to another division I think you have answered the question by that statement. We all pay to play... except you folks, accept it or move on.
The Chaos cars are as important as the APC late models? Are you serious? Frustrated yes... but you cant be serious. You do have options. Someone on here a while back said you should be legal at a four banger enduro, I'd be looking at that option or maybe into what it would cost to convert to a real four banger class.
I'm probably coming across as an a** but whatever. The writing is on the wall you just have to read it. Chaos cars in 2010.... doubtful.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73147#msg73147
Follow on Twitter @Jay_Doerr
Facebook - Jay Doerr

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 03:43:45 PM »

Offline FromTheStands

• No Soup for You
  • Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
  • Wanna be Grand Poohba
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 03:52:41 PM »
I was a bit suprised with the cancellation too. The King of the hill has started well after the "curfew"
and there are many that are louder than the chaos cars have ever been.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73149#msg73149

Offline bornagain

• Chaos Car Driver
  • Rookie Driver
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 04:08:32 PM »
How much camber, caster, rear steer, wedge, stagger, bump, left side, rear and on and on I could go do you all run?
We don't require any of this but we still have repairs after each race.  We brake tye rods and bend struts and that all takes time, work, and money to replace.  Yes their is as much setup racer43 but still a ton of work just like ohter series such as the latemodels that gos into getting the car to the track. 

And to what you say that they arnt important just like the Latemodels.  Where would the latemodels be without all the other divisions? People wouldn't pay just to see one 25 lap race on a friday night. ;D ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73152#msg73152

Offline crazylady

• Team Owner
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 05:16:37 PM »
I was not at the race on Saturday but know someone who was.  I heard that there was a loud cheer when the chaos cars were cancelled.  Once again there is some discrepency about the value of the chaos cars to the Delaware fans and what the Chaos drivers see .  Sure there are the family supporters of the drivers which is natural, but don't read that as being acceptance by the general fan base.

If you read John Houghton's note from a while ago, Chaos are cars are NOT an entry level division, they are entertainment and were never intended to be an entry level division.

As much as I appreciate the effort you put into your cars, rf you are putting as much time in your race car as the other divisions then I think you may be wasting a lot of your time for an 8 lap "feature" event.  If you really want to race, then put your time and money into an Enduro car and go racing.  It really will be a lot more fun for you.

Might be time for Delaware to put out an official poll and see what the response is.  IMO, if the Chaos cars are going to continue to run then running at the Enduro events is the place for them, not the regular Friday night program. 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73169#msg73169

Offline Turn1

• Pit Crew
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 06:26:18 PM »
I was not at the race on Saturday but know someone who was.  I heard that there was a loud cheer when the chaos cars were cancelled.

That noise that the grandstand was making was over 1,000 people BOOING the decision.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73178#msg73178

Offline aswales

• Pit Crew
    • Adam Swales Motorsports
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 07:11:16 PM »
i agree with Racer43 100% who cares that chaos cars got cancelled i was glad ment i could get done what i needed to with my LOSC car and leave before 1am or later. they have never been anything exciting and im sure 95% of the people that were there would have just left anyhow like usual. thinking yall should get conpensated for your travel time to the track is just stupid, lets give one person some money for coming then everyone wants a hand out. the chaos cars are merly a division for people who cant hack it at any other division and just another excuse for a higher speed demo durby. if you want more reasons go read the damn 11 page thread on here about choas cars.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73184#msg73184

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 10:08:28 PM »
Geez, would you guys give it a rest?

I'll tell ya, I'm a Chaos Car supporter and I was still almost relieved when it got called. It was past 1130 and I was feeling punch-drunk, with a bad case of bench-butt after that last OSS feature.

Fact - No one cheered or booed. I don't know where this stuff comes from. From where I sat, most of the folks were leaving anyway after a long race, and when they announced the Chaos guys were done, everyone pretty much just shrugged, grabbed their stuff and shuffled off to the exits. There may have been some booing down towards the center where all the SnotRod and Blue Thunder supporters were, but that would have been about it.

Its inane to suggest anyone was cheering. Those that weren't interested or didn't like Chaos racing were already in their cars.

Now as a moderator I'm going to be watching this thread. If it just comes down to more "everyone loves Chaos cars" or "everyone hates Chaos cars" I'm gonna shut the thread down.

A: We already have one of those threads, and 5 guys in beat up 4 bangers seem to be getting an awful lot of press for a group that no one really has to stick around and watch if they don't want to.

and B: Because I think its arrogant these posters are telling us what everyone else thinks by claiming that "everyone" is booing or cheering these guys. Just speak for yourself thanks.

and C: Like em or not, these guys are part of the show. The amount of criticism that they face is completely uncalled for. The track put out a call for this kind of racing. A bunch of guys stepped up to the plate and built cars. And for their efforts, they get next to nothing here except people bitching about them and telling them their efforts are misguided. And that sucks.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73199#msg73199
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

Offline Racing Habits

• Series Owner
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 10:16:17 PM »
I would have to agree with Racer 43 on the Chaos cars. 43 is really going light on what it takes to run LM division. The cost of tires,fuel, brake fluids, oil, pads,haulers,scales, tools, and pit boxes and the $ to maintain and pit fees. Add to this all the other divisions which is not cheap and you might have paid all the fans way in. It is the rare team that has the  free ride and most who have some sponsor always never come close to even. The Chaos cars are what they are a form of entertainment for the kids, the guys I suppose enjoy what they do and yes it requires a little work and is a good filler that should be used only as such. Just a little food for thought about the 1000 cheering fans do you think they would be have been cheering if they were driving  fair type bumper cars themselves making money for the track and purses well all the others watch the races. LOL

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73203#msg73203

Offline BornAgainFan

• Pit Crew
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 11:33:09 PM »
i agree with Racer43 100% who cares that chaos cars got cancelled i was glad ment i could get done what i needed to with my LOSC car and leave before 1am or later. they have never been anything exciting and im sure 95% of the people that were there would have just left anyhow like usual. thinking yall should get conpensated for your travel time to the track is just stupid, lets give one person some money for coming then everyone wants a hand out. the chaos cars are merly a division for people who cant hack it at any other division and just another excuse for a higher speed demo durby. if you want more reasons go read the damn 11 page thread on here about choas cars.

Wow you talk abouit a high speed demo derby. LOSC what a JOKE these guys have gone completely NUTS. Destroying thier cars like they worth nothing. The truth is this I stopped watching NHL Hockey years ago, because they are nothing but a bunch of over paid spoiled adults acting like children. they have forgoten their roots, where they came from, and it is for the same reason I no longer want to watch the LOSC series or any other for that matter. Bring on the grass root racing where it all started. you can sure tell the difference from big spoiled sponsored teams and the ones that are there for the love and thrill of the game. LOSC drivers on Sat night should be ashamed of themselves the way they behaved and wasting so much of everyone's time.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73213#msg73213

Offline aswales

• Pit Crew
    • Adam Swales Motorsports
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:31:54 AM by aswales »

Offline Racer43

• Series Owner
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 12:56:38 AM »
 they have forgoten their roots, where they came from, and it is for the same reason I no longer want to watch the LOSC series or any other for that matter. Bring on the grass root racing where it all started. you can sure tell the difference from big spoiled sponsored teams and the ones that are there for the love and thrill of the game. LOSC drivers on Sat night should be ashamed of themselves the way they behaved and wasting so much of everyone's time.
[/quote]

You have no clue. I pulled the car I drove out of a barn ten days before. This car sat in that barn for four years. I lead 10 laps with that car. We worked our A**'s off to get it there because we love to race!!! I dont think it gets any more grass roots than that.

this group is full of stories like this. big spoiled sponsored teams????? The LOSC?

You should stick to topics you know about. This isnt Fantasy Island.

The Plane Boss, The Plane

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73223#msg73223
Follow on Twitter @Jay_Doerr
Facebook - Jay Doerr

Offline Snotrod

• Series Owner
  • The original Snotrod
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 01:50:00 AM »
Rather than vent about it on the forums, I have chosen to go straight to the top concerning the unprofessional call that took place Saturday night.  Love us or Hate us, Everyone deserves a little Courtesy, and we got none of that from The Race Director.   

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73225#msg73225
Tyssen Toll - Snotrod
Follow on Twitter: @SnotrodTyssen
Facebook: SnotrodRacingHQ

Offline hotseat

• Pit Crew
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 09:19:06 AM »
oh no snot rod went right to the top....lol..jk snot..but in all seriousness it was late and u got the boot, so what!!! i know u guys love the division but u r 4 or 5 cars in a side show for the fun of it division, if u get the boot from a show then deal with it, all the "top" is gonna say is maybe sorry and in there on polite way...get over it!
And what the hell are the forums for other then venting and speaking ur mind!
Does anybody know how boring and unread this forum would be if everything was all happy golucky...this forum is for all good positive comments and otherwise a thread should not be deleted because a mod thinks its all been said b4, all the conversations about the cc,s need to be heard once twice or twenty times, it seems to be the hottest topic on this forum so leave it alone, this thread and the other one, and maybe I or someone else might feel like starting another one with a different question to start it! either way its a fans forum, fans threads, and fan read!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10505.msg73235#msg73235

HTML ezBlock

site
stats