Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Mosport Results June-13th.  (Read 1334 times)

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
Mosport Results June-13th.
« on: June 14, 2009, 12:34:14 AM »
Well due to working late.... cound't make my normal trip to Barrie, and was able to score some free tickets to Mosport this weekend...so opted for the short drive to Mosport.

6 or Less: Ryan Oosterholt

15 cars took the green....was wild on the start 3-4 wild all over the place..... couple spins only 1 yellow.

Mods:Jim Rossiter

Not much to report here, 5 cars took the green...well I guess 7 if you count the 01 & 86 LLM's who ran with the mods.

nice gesture during the pace laps as they did a tribute lap for Tim Timms leaving the "pole position" open.

Sportsman:Brad Stevenson

10 cars took the green....good battle between Stevenson & Northam.

LOSC: 1st 50:Steve Robblee
         2nd 50:Matt Robblee

I'l be honest I haven't seen the "OSS" sense it was the cascar sportsman series back in I wanna say 04, and was a bit sceptical of how the racing would actually be after some of the negativity that seems to have been around the series past couple of years, but I must say both 50's were very entertaining and clearly the best racing of the night.

First 50 got underway with 18 cars taking to the 1/2 mile on this night,  15 laps or so in the 81 musta lost something as water started to come out from under the car, as he spun out of 2nd place..... restart came and all heck broke loose in turn 1 as the 10 got jacked up....few other cars spun, 68 took a hard lick into the outside wall.

just after another restart the 28 spun out of the lead in 1 & 2, not sure if the 24 helped him or not...but not sure didn't see it, being up near the front was not the place to be on this night, as after another restart the 66 & 27 fighting for the lead in turn 3 the 27 went for a loop.  after a long green run a car back in the pack spun setting up a G/W/C finish, right off the get go 66 jumped quickly out of 4 and slide up in front of the 28....contact was made and the 66 spun and pancaked the right side on the inside wall.

race got back under way and Robblee took the checkers.

in total 6 cautions slowed the pace

The 2nd act was much of the same scene .... beaing up front was bad news as right off the start the 19 & 81 running 1st and 2nd...made contact in 1 & 2 and spun in front of the whole field, the 11 was also collected but it could have been much worse.

The 2nd 50 was much more calm as only 4 yellows all in the first half slowed the pace, 27 lead the whole way...looked like "daddy" didn't push the issue to much as the 28 looked like he could have taken advantage of a few slip ups but the 27 but didn't.

So it was definitely a good night for the Robblee's

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9869.msg68520#msg68520
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Mosport Results June-13th.
« on: June 14, 2009, 12:34:14 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats