Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Kawartha Speedway  (Read 1842 times)

Offline nascar329

• Series Owner
Kawartha Speedway
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »
I can't for the life of me get why they start top cars at the front OR near front, sure makes for boring racing.
I think all cars should start according to points eg. first at the back and so on.
I heard many fans on way out saying it was a boring race.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=15866.msg103383#msg103383

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Kawartha Speedway
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »

Offline Racechaser

• Series Owner
Re: Kawartha Speedway
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »
16 and I heard there was a big controversy after the race regarding starting positions. Anyone who was there enlighten those of us that weren't able to make it

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=15866.msg103394#msg103394

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 12:04:18 AM »
I will say it was very strange to see all of the front runners in the first 4 rows of the feature race for the lm's.  At least it was the pack of them together and not just a few so they could battle at the front together.  Did that happen not really as once Mchattie got out in front he pretty much maintained his gap to the rest of the back until the last caution of the night.  I wouldn't say it was a boring race, however I can't completely disagree with the idea of having the points dictating your starting position for the feature.  The only difficulty with that is as we all have seen some of the drivers at the back which then would start at the front could really cause some problems for the veterans to come through the pack.  Do I want it easy for those veterans  to make it to the front absolutely not because it is more entertaining to watch them come from the back and "work" their way to the points.  However I would hate to have a championship decided because a couple of less experienced drivers decided all of a sudden they could run like stronger teams and mess things up.  The cars are just not cheap to repair and get ready for the next night of racing if that were to happen.  Especially in a day and age where so many teams are just barely making it to the track each week trying as hard as possible to at least minimize the expenses.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=15866.msg103498#msg103498

Offline nascar329

• Series Owner
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 12:54:40 AM »
I will say it was very strange to see all of the front runners in the first 4 rows of the feature race for the lm's.  At least it was the pack of them together and not just a few so they could battle at the front together.  Did that happen not really as once Mchattie got out in front he pretty much maintained his gap to the rest of the back until the last caution of the night.  I wouldn't say it was a boring race, however I can't completely disagree with the idea of having the points dictating your starting position for the feature.  The only difficulty with that is as we all have seen some of the drivers at the back which then would start at the front could really cause some problems for the veterans to come through the pack.  Do I want it easy for those veterans  to make it to the front absolutely not because it is more entertaining to watch them come from the back and "work" their way to the points.  However I would hate to have a championship decided because a couple of less experienced drivers decided all of a sudden they could run like stronger teams and mess things up.  The cars are just not cheap to repair and get ready for the next night of racing if that were to happen.  Especially in a day and age where so many teams are just barely making it to the track each week trying as hard as possible to at least minimize the expenses.
............................................................................................
Race cars have never been cheap to maintain OR replace!
Back in the day in a 25 Lap Feature all top points went to the back  & there were never that many problems so how come now there is now, sounds to me like you're saying low points drivers can't drive  :D They never even get a chance to prove themselves.
I have another concern that happened at KD, why was a Thunder car (formally a LLM) who hasn't been at KD for some time allowed to start POLE; I always thought new cars started scratch for at least a week or 2; can anyone explain why?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=15866.msg103500#msg103500

Offline ford93

• Pit Crew
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 03:21:56 PM »
KD use to start the fast cars at the back. But as the gap between the fast cars and slow cars grew the fast cars started to run over the slow cars. (It was partly the inexperience of the slower cars and the partly the impatience of the faster cars that caused this.) The end result was we were wrecking cars almost every week. It was the drivers and the track that asked to take some of those slow cars away from the front of the pack. Maybe with the smaller car counts its time to reconsider the line up procedure.   

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=15866.msg103509#msg103509

HTML ezBlock

site
stats