Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Bryan Herta Autosport Chaves Fastest Rookie in 2015 Indy 500  (Read 912 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Indianapolis 500
Chaves Fastest Rookie in 2015 Indy 500

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

INDIANAPOLIS –Indianapolis is known for surprises, and this qualifying weekend certainly lived up to that... Saturday saw two cars take qualifying attempts before the rains came in and washed out the remainder of the day. Sunday started with a practice crash by the #20 car and a five-hour delay while the safety concerns of the Chevy Aero-Kits were addressed before qualifying could begin. Ultimately, Indycar decided to error on the side of caution and safety. The extra turbo-boost given to the teams on Friday for qualifying was taken away.  Additionally, all teams had to run "race condition" aerodynamics.

Chaves and the #98 BHA team were near the end of the 34 car qualifying line. Due to the late rule changes and short 30 minute practice with the updated rules, the BHA team didn't have enough time to perfect the setup. Ultimately, the rookie qualified 29th with an average speed of 222.916MPH -still fast enough to earn the award for Fastest Rookie, and his name on that trophy in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum.

Gabby Chaves Quote on Qualifying for Indy 500:
"The car felt good on the qualifying run, and I can't thank my team enough for that.  Like everyone else, we got a "curveball" today but we made the best of it."
"We did have a few things we could have done better that would have gained us a few more positions on the grid, but overall I'm still excited to be in my first Indianapolis 500 and believe we have a great race car and will be a contender by the end of the day next Sunday."

About Bryan Herta Autosport:
Co-Founded by veteran driver Bryan Herta, Bryan Herta Autosport (BHA) has been a race-winning team in Indy Lights competition since 2009 and won the 2011 Indianapolis 500 with driver Dan Wheldon in only its second Verizon IndyCar Series start. BHA currently fields entries in the Verizon IndyCar Series and in the Red Bull Global Rallycross Series as Bryan Herta Rallysport. Since 2012, BHA has partnered with Bowen Motorsports of Toronto, Ontario. For more information, visit www.bryanhertaautosport.com.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=20980.msg113411#msg113411
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats