Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Tillsonburg Indoor Speedway/ Mini Outlaw Club  (Read 1286 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Tillsonburg Indoor Speedway/ Mini Outlaw Club
« on: June 10, 2010, 06:49:38 PM »
Races held at Chesterman Power Products in Tillsonburg Tuesday Nights at 7 PM

Well it is said that great racing breeds controversy and we have it in Spades.
Tuesdays action was so close that we received comments from "best racing I have ever seen" to "what the heck are you teaching these racers, that's awful".

Either way you look at it the action in the Junior division was as close as it gets. I doubt that it is possible to race as close as these competitors do without occasional contact and there was enough to keep everyone entertained. Several teams totally missed on the setup of their cars this week making the action even stranger as several drivers were not catching the late corner slide and were cutting across 3 lanes of traffic into the infield, often collecting unsuspecting teams in the process. #93 Amber Meyer/Tillsonburg and #51 Matt Anderson/Ridgetown pulled shotgun this week to pace the field for starts. Both capable racers and due for wins but several racers have other thoughts. # 48 Dylan Westbrook/Scotland and # 8 Hannah Ferrell/Windham Center were the spoilers this week taking wins but neither were able to beat the consistency of #20 DJ McRae/London who took the nights win with total points earned. Interesting events had to be #48 Andrew Marshall and #93 Amber Meyer taking turns trying to destroy our infield tires and Amber Meyer getting sandwiched by DJ McRae and Matt Anderson in the back turn and ending up on her roof. Usually being the middle car when running three wide keeps you out of trouble but not this time. # 77 Alex Hill/Wilsonville finally broke the curse that has been hexing her of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and put a good nights racing on her resume.

The Beginners are well on their way to being RACERs as they are making their way through races caution free. Not too many close calls (that's a good thing in the beginners) and lots of happy kids having fun racing. # 52 Jacob Sheridan/Mt Brydges who has been very fast every week is already eyeing the Juniors and may well test the waters very soon.

The Seniors got another schooling this week as #19 Cody Coburn/Mt Brydges worked his way through the pack rather quickly on his way to a perfect night of 3 firsts. Other than Cody, #88 Devin Jarvis/London had the rest of the field covered and although a bit more patient making passes got the job done with a 2-2-3 for second overall. I am sure the rest of the field will be glad to see these two move up to Expert in July.

The Experts had their  own drama as #34 Scott Chesterman/Langton took the win but was only able to coast over the finish line with a dead engine. Turns out a loose coil wire almost cost him the race. I guess next time I will have to loosen it more. The big news though is #19 Cody Coburn grabbed 2nd in the feature in front of last weeks winner # 1 Holly Porter. He has his sites set on # 34. Although not  laying down the blistering lap speeds yet he has proved hard to pass once the green light hits.

Further news is Jamie Maudsley was out flashing away this race and took over 500 pictures of our club. They are available for viewing and sale at www.maudsleymotorsports.com
His picture of the week is # 48 Andrew Marshall two wheeling it around a corner. I love this picture because it supports my theory that lighter drivers do not have the all the advantages that some suggest as Andrew is having a hard time keeping his Kart planted while getting around the corner. If light weight was the ultimate advantage Andrew would be winning every Junior race. I hate to say it but he may have to add some weight to go faster. No rule against that.

Photo submitted by Jaimie Maudsley.

I would request  members to contemplate for the upcoming driver meeting--- a possible change in our system for re-starting order after a caution.

To date this year we have been following the Wonderland Speedway format which is to identify (if possible) the driver who caused the caution and only send that kart to the rear. This is more fair to the innocent racer but puts more responsibility on our 5 spotters who need to see the actual wreck to know who should be send to the rear. It can be a fair and consistent way of doing it but the process seems to be lost on some teams who say the only way to be fair is to send everyone caught in the wreck to the rear like most other tracks do it.

There are circumstances in both systems where a racer can get a raw deal. It would certainly be easier for our track volunteers to just send anyone stopped by the wreck to the rear. Once again it comes down to NHL rules or Minor Hockey rules. We need to pick what is best for our club.

We will review it on the 15th and adjust our procedure to the members wishes. See you then.

#7 Dave Chesterman (trying to get faster)
Chesterman Power Products
Tillsonburg Indoor MX
www.chesterman.ca
519-842-5977

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11506.msg82783#msg82783
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: June 10, 2010, 06:49:38 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats