Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Shawn McGlynn - Three in a Row in LOSC  (Read 1235 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Shawn McGlynn - Three in a Row in LOSC
« on: August 26, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »

(Milgrove, ON) – The 2014 Lucas Oil Sportsman Cup Series Presented by Meineke stars were back in action on Saturday night at Flamboro Speedway.  Kevin Allen (#54) of Drumbo entered the fifth race of the eight race championship as the point leader, with Dave 'Hot Rod' Connelly (#82) of Arnprior, second - 10 points back, and Shawn McGlynn (#81) of Kitchener, third - 11 markers behind.

The night started with Lucas Oil Fast Five qualifying, and Jason Meyer (#93) of Tillsonburg, was able to set an early fast time, with a lap of 16.791 seconds.  It would hold up until Chad McGlynn (#18) of Kitchener made a lap of 16.753 seconds to go to the top of the chart.  The next driver to grab the fastest driver title was Connelly, who turned the 1/3rd-mile in 16.671 seconds, before Brennan Didero (#24) of Brantford went a little quicker stopping the clock at 16.462 seconds.  Shawn McGlynn was the final qualifier, and he was able to nip Didero by a mere .006 seconds to claim the title as the fastest driver.  Allen ended up third, with Connelly fourth, and Chad McGlynn fifth.

After the drivers were paired with fans for the Lucas Oil 'Fast Five', the deck was shuffled, putting Allen on the pole for the feature, with McGlynn alongside of him, while Didero and Connelly lined up in row two.

When the green dropped, Shawn McGlynn was fast enough on the outside to clear Allen after 2 laps and take the lead while Allen was fighting to hold off Didero.  With those two starting their war, Connelly and Chad McGlynn squared off to race for fourth position, with Meyer and Wood racing for sixth.  The field would continue under green in that order until the halfway mark when Allen was the first to falter.  A broken rear end would lead to him pitting for the night.

A pair of yellows shortly after halfway gave the field hope, as they were able to close on McGlynn, but each time he was able to walk away from the field.  Connelly would pit from the fourth position for an adjustment, but on lap 83 he pulled his car into the pits with a broken pan hard bar.  Didero was able to hold off Chad McGlynn for second spot, as Shawn went on to win his third consecutive race, putting both brothers on the podium.  Meyer had his first top-five run in a number of years, finishing fourth, while Mike Nelson (#85) of Peterborough, raced from seventh to fifth, to post his second Flamboro top-five of the season.

McGlynn spoke about his domination of the field during the feature, as he took the championship lead away from Allen, "We had a pretty good car, right from the word go.  I knew those other guys were going to be tuff, so I tried to get out front early, and hung it on the outside until I was able to take the lead.  I wasn't running too hard once I opened up a big lead, but I kind of figured that we would get a yellow, and I would have to worry about the #24 [Didero], and the #54[Allen].  I'm also pretty proud of Chad.  We had both cars on the podium, so it was a pretty good night for McGlynn Motorsports."

Didero spoke about his runner-up finish, "We had a good points day, but we have to do something to get the #81 [S. McGlynn].  We had a second-place car tonight, and had a great race with the #54 [Allen], until he broke.  It was nice to finish one, because we've had two DNF's this year when we were running first or second."

With a third-place result, Chad McGlynn closed to within five points of the top-five in the championship.  He said, "We had a lot of fun racing with Connelly tonight, and I was able to capitalize on him getting loose.  We've struggled here at Flamboro over the years, so it was nice to finally have a good car here, and finish.  We had a restart with about 40 to go, and I thought I might have something for the #24 [Didero], but then he started to pull away.  Shawn helped me by setting up the car this week, but I think he gave his car the advantage."

Final Results – 1. Shawn McGlynn, 2. Didero, 3. Chad McGlynn, 4. Meyer, 5. Nelson.

Other Race Award Winners
Fast Time #81 Shawn McGlynn 16.456     
Champion Brands product winner - # 8 Adam Martin 
London Drive Systems voucher winner - # 66 Josh Wood   
Performance Fiberglass winners - # 18 Chad McGlynn & # 31 John Schwemler 
McColl Racing Ent. voucher winner - # 82 Dave Connelly 

Lucas Oil Sportsman Cup presented by Meineke - Championship Points Standings (after 6 of 8 events) – 1. S. McGlynn (567 points), 2. Allen (562), 3. Didero (554), 4. Connelly (552), 5. Cathcart (546).

Qualifying points – 1. S. McGlynn (56 points), 2. Jake Ott (48), 3. Allen (41), 4. Didero (39), 5. Connelly (34).

The Lucas Oil Sportsman Cup presented by Meineke will be back in action on Friday, September19th, at Delaware Speedway in the second to last event of the championship season.  The top-four in the title chase are separated by a mere 15 points.

For more information on the Lucas Oil Sportsman Cup Series, Lucas Oil, Meineke, Flamboro Speedway, or Delaware Speedway, please visit www.lucasoilsportsmancup.com,
www.lucasoil.ca, www.meineke.ca, www.flamborospeedway.net, http://www.peterboroughspeedway.com/, or contact Series Director Dave Alexander at dalexand@sympatico.ca.

Release and Photos by Jamie Maudsley and www.maudsleymotorsports.com.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=20105.msg112144#msg112144
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: August 26, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats