Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: PETTY SPEAKS OUT AT NASCAR.. I dont feel so bad now !!  (Read 1366 times)

Offline MID

• Nascar / OSS Team Owner
  • Series Owner
    • http://nil
PETTY SPEAKS OUT AT NASCAR.. I dont feel so bad now !!
« on: October 07, 2007, 12:02:08 PM »
Before I say a whole lot here... I AM NOT BASHING NASCAR !!.... but Kyle Petty is, at least thats what people will say. What he said holds allot of Merritt.
I know most fans are going to say ,Kyle Petty Who ?.. He cant talk about NASCAR like that !!

First of all, Kyle Petty holds more experience in the current drivers roster then anyone else and he is by the far the longest running driver in the series today. He has been with NASCAR Cup longer then Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhart Jr. putting both of there years together, so yes folks, Kyle Petty knows NASCAR better then any other Driver right now.

If anyone watched Tradin' Paint you would have heard Mr. Petty flat out say in many different ways that NASCAR has made some really bad calls over the years, more so in recent weeks.
Kansas City Race- Who Won ?? ... better yet at what segment... better yet, was the race called for Rain or Darkness ?
Tony 'Smoke' Stewart said something on the air and got his hands slapped.... I know if they would have heard everthing he wanted to say the Race coverage by NASCAR would have needed an 'R' rating.
Petty walks up to Hamlin and tries to help clean his Visor in the Garage Area... He was just being a Gentleman !!

As Petty said, NASCAR is changing the rules weekly and needs to set the ground with a format that makes rules that govern everybody. Under Yellow- You do not pass, but clearly a whole group of cars past the 16 car before the finish line, and not one of them was penalized. NASCAR said the cars that passed the 16 were okay because the 16 car came to a stop on the track. Biffle clearly goes under the flagstand under power at 40mph, in fact turns around in the grass and drives back to the Start Finish Line.
Lets put JR or Gordon in the same spot... everyone that passes them would get a one lap penalty.
Next- Stewart takes the victory after the half way point in the race because of rain... I mean buckets of rain.. I mean it was raining so hard that I saw Dorthy and ToTo float by. At that point the race should have been called and Stewart given the race, but no they decide to keep going hours later. I am sure Tony was not thinking of thanking NASCAR for that brain wave of a call, and basically said so in front of a camera he didn't know was on.
I cant blame him. You tell'em Tony.

Petty made his point and I am glad, finally, someone from the South pointed out some faults of the racing rules and slapped back for once. I think Kyle would agree with me that NASCAR does a pretty good job of running the shows and I can see making bad calls is going to happen from time to time, but this is what Racing should be about, allowing the Teams and Drivers the opportunity to say whats on there minds- good or bad.
For all those that feel sometimes I speak out of turn with regards to NASCAR, I am only voicing my opinion and right or wrong my words sometimes rub people the wrong way, but all in all, its what I see, is what I call.
I commend Petty, one of NASCAR's biggest supporters to stand up and speak his mind- good or bad !!
For the record I am one of NASCAR's biggest supporters here in the North and I know they read this stuff, and yes sometimes I get my hands slapped, but I still support them.
Good calls or Bad calls- We are all on the same page but request some rules to be put in place and not turned around just to make for a better show. By arguing about the calls we are keeping the spotlight on NASCAR and that is a bigger picture at the end of the day.
Quotes to remember... "There is no such thing as bad advertising"- Hugh Hefner, " If Fans didn't boo me I would be worried"- Dale SR. and "No official makes a bad call, they just don't see it your way"- Vince Lombardy. 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6830.msg34604#msg34604

CanadianRacingOnline.com

PETTY SPEAKS OUT AT NASCAR.. I dont feel so bad now !!
« on: October 07, 2007, 12:02:08 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats