Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Adam Turner Charges Into a Second Season of DIRTcar Small Block Modified Action  (Read 989 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Adam Turner Charges Into a Second Season of DIRTcar Small Block Modified Action

By Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications

From the first green flag of the 2011 season, Adam Turner knew he’d be an underdog in Brockville Speedway’s 358 modified division.  It was his inaugural campaign in the track’s headline class and his goals were simple; learn as much as possible and finish as high in the final point standings as he could.  With a resume that includes main event wins in a street stock and some successful showings at the controls of a DIRTcar sportsman modified machine, Turner made a smooth transition into the more powerful small block mod.   

In the highly competitive field, Turner achieved a level of success he can’t help but be pleased with.  Finishing 11th in points, with 7 top 10 efforts in 13 starts is a solid start and something positive to build on.  On a scale of between 1 and 10, the likeable 29 year-old second generation speedster from Picton, Ontario – who married long time girlfriend Stephanie in March – ranks his freshman effort an 8.

“It would have been great to land a win during my first year, but that just wasn’t meant to be,” said Turner.  “More than anything else, we race to have fun and play the hands as they’re dealt.  Our team is a typical Mom and Pop operation.  My parents travel with me to every race and the car is maintained by some long-term family and friends.  If we pushed a little harder, we might have been able to run a bit better, but trying to finish 5th with an 8th place ride will tear-up your equipment in a hurry.  With only one car, we have to save our stuff to run in the points every week”.

With the 2012 season set to kick-off in just a few weeks, Adam Turner’s #92 Paul Turner Auto Repair/Goodfellow Meats/Clarke Motorsports Communications Bicknell chassis machine has been outfitted with a brand new set of body panels and a fresh graphics package.  The car has also been featured as part of the mall shows in Kingston, Cobourg and Belleville to promote Brighton Speedway’s inaugural Super DIRTcar Series small block tour event.  The 100 lap show – Saturday, September 22nd – is part of the annual Applefest Shootout Weekend, presented by Goodyear Automotive.  Turner says he’s looking forward to running with the sport’s biggest stars in his own backyard.

“I ran the tour shows at Brockville and Cornwall last year,” said the driver.  “Just making the show against these drivers – some of whom are full-time racers – is a big step.  It helps develop your talent and sharpens your skills.  The touring stars often see a new track for the first time when they roll through the gates.  Just following them for a few laps can help you find a better line to get around the place.  I’m really comfortable running Brighton, so maybe they’ll be watching my line to fine their way around.”

For 2012, Adam Turner plans to focus on cracking the top 10 in points at Brockville and will make the 3/8th miler his primary stomping grounds.  As time, finances and his equipment permit, there may also be an occasional foray to other tracks but no matter where he races or when, having fun is always the goal.

“There isn’t much I’d rather do than be around my friends at the speedway.  I have a great time wherever we run.”

Photo attachment:  Jim Clarke – Clarke Motorsports Communications

1). Adam Turner’s 2011 performance – his first year in a DIRTcar small block modified – earned the Picton, Ontario racer an 11th place point finish at Brockville Ontario Speedway.

2). Picton, Ontario DIRTcar small block modified racer Adam Turner had his 2012 machine featured during shopping mall exhibits in Kingston, Cobourg and Belleville.

Prepared by:  Jim Clarke – Clarke Motorsports Communications
                       clarkemotorsports@hotmail.com
                       613.968.6410  /  613.922.0654

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=15011.msg101223#msg101223
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats