Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: MOVE MOTORSPORTS & FORMULA TOUR JOINTLY LAUNCH THE FORMULA 1600 SUPER SERIES  (Read 895 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.

www.formula1600.com
www.siteformulatour1600.com

For Immediate Release

MOVE MOTORSPORTS & FORMULA TOUR JOINTLY LAUNCH THE FORMULA 1600 SUPER SERIES

Inter-Provincial Series Will Be Comprised of Four Doubleheader Weekends

TORONTO, ON & MONTREAL, QC (November 11, 2013) – In a bold move to re-establish Formula 1600 as the single most important step in launching young Canadian racing drivers’ careers, Jason Sharpe of Move Motorsports (promoters of the Toyo Tires F1600 Championship based in Ontario) and Marcel Lafontaine of Formula Tour (promoters of the Formula Tour F1600 Championship based in Quebec) have reached an agreement to jointly promote a new, inter-provincial championship named “The Formula 1600 Super Series.”

The Super Series will be comprised of four premiere events, two each from the Toyo Tires F1600 Series and the Formula Tour F1600 Series. The Super Series will have it’s own points system and will have a prize package for the Champion worthy of the level of competition it is sure to generate.

Marcel Lafontaine of Formula Tour said, “Since 2008 Formula Tour 1600 has made a lot of progress but 2014 will be the beginning of new era in entry level open wheel racing. When I met Jason and got to know him I realized how much he has helped Formula 1600 in Ontario and we quickly got to work discussing how we could work together to bring F1600 back to the top. We have spent a lot of time working on the calendars to avoid conflicts, looked for similar needs in the sport and today the Launch of The Super Series…this is just awesome.”

Jason Sharpe of Move Motorsports said, “I am incredibly enthused about this announcement today. Marcel and I started these discussions in April of last year. He and I got along very well and I could see he shared not only the same vision for the junior formula car ranks as we do but more importantly he shared the same passion and willingness to make it work for the betterment of the sport and it’s competitors. I could not have asked for a better partner.”

Formula 1600 has long been known globally as the logical first step for young racing stars to learn their craft right out of karts. The cars are sleek, fast and provide the ideal balance of power and aerodynamics that encourage wheel-to-wheel action at an affordable price.

In the past Canadian racing legends including Scott Goodyear, Ron Fellows, Paul Tracy and the late Greg Moore all got their start in Formula 1600. Most recently NASCAR stars like the Dumoulin brothers, J.F. and L.P, as well as Indycar driver James Hinchcliffe and American LeMans series star Kyle Marcelli cut their teeth in this form of racing.

The Formula 1600 Super Series looks to build on that history of intense competition, creating the next generation of stars for Canadians to cheer on.

Additional announcements including the schedule, sponsorships, regulations and registration will be forthcoming in the next few months.

SERIES CONTACT:
Jason Sharpe, (416) 557-5451
jasons@movemotorsports.com, Twitter: @jasonsharpe
and
Marcel Lafontaine, (819) 350-9750
marcel@siteformulatour1600.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=18734.msg109882#msg109882
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats