Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Re: MID AMERICA MOTORSPORTS ENTERS 2 CAR TEAM FOR 2008  (Read 10111 times)

Offline MID

• Nascar / OSS Team Owner
  • Series Owner
    • http://nil
Re: MID AMERICA MOTORSPORTS ENTERS 2 CAR TEAM FOR 2008
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2007, 07:26:41 PM »
I really don't know how we always end up here.
Its always the same guys that bash, and the same ones that support.
So I will end by saying this.

I will test anyone for $12,000- BUT you must have experience and I will tell you if I make the call to end the session early, or if I see enough talent to keep going. The last test we did was about 3 weeks ago. The Guy paid for 200 laps, but I ran him for 400 laps because every lap he ran, he could be better, and when he got better and ran top 10 times I kept pushing him- he did not flinch and that is what makes a race car driver a driver, and thank you Noel.
The test was a pleasure and successful !!

If you have money or a sponsor, you have a shot at almost any team in the world- NASCAR/ IRL/ Even F1, and if you think that's wrong, guess what it's true for any team that needs funding.
Several Drivers are talented enough that Sponsors follow them, into different series, into different markets, but all in all the Driver is rewarded with a sponsor in hand because of his talent. I would sign this person in a heart beat !!

On the other hand you have Drivers that have allot of money, but cant drive... I will pass on this guy, and unfortunately he will find a ride with a underfunded team, when good drivers watch with disbelief, but it happens.

I really don't care where you come from. I don't care about what you did in the past that made you a driver under investigation, professionally or personally.
What I care about is do you have what it will take to be the best. Are you willing to work for it. Can you log laps that increase with speed and still maintain the cars setup to finish. My question to most Drivers is what makes you think you can do this, and I have heard many responses.
The respone I am always looking for is the right one- BECAUSE I KNOW I CAN DO IT !!

I don't need your money. If your out here to impres your Buddy's, sign autographs, and play the part of part time playboy, you need not apply.  I want Drivers, and I want talent.

Even if your a Crew Member, I want people that live and breath racing. I want the guys that look at nuts and bolts as high priced Jewelry. I treat my Crew Guys like they are Gold, and they know it by watching how others get treated doing the same jobs. When my Crew Guys question my setup- that means they are paying attention- and maybe what they have in mind might work better, so we will look at it as a Team and use what ever is the better of the two.
In Short, I am know different from a fan, or a driver, or a team.

I will continue to post on CRO because I feel that the real members of this site appreciate the inside information that CRO has provided space for. I will not continue to respond to CRO members that want to pick an argument over nothings, and would much sooner deal with them one on one. Sometimes it can be worked out and other times I feel they need a good slap on the face, which hurts more in real life, then on a Computer screen, and I did not mean that to sound threatening, but more of case in point.

For the CRO members that follow our programs, Thanks and there will be lots more to come.
For the others that battle for position to be known as the real A-Holes in Racing... More people laugh at you then you could ever laugh at yourself, and I am sure you argue with yourself even on those terms.

Racing is a funny game that captures all forms of people.
You have the know it all's and you have the know its.
At the end of the day your all talking on the same page, but sometimes in different languages.          

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36626#msg36626
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 07:28:43 PM by midamerica »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2007, 07:26:41 PM »

Offline slowel

• Series Owner
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2007, 07:35:36 PM »
If you have money or a sponsor, you have a shot at almost any team in the world- NASCAR/ IRL/ Even F1, and if you think that's wrong, guess what it's true for any team that needs funding.
Several Drivers are talented enough that Sponsors follow them, into different series, into different markets, but all in all the Driver is rewarded with a sponsor in hand because of his talent. I would sign this person in a heart beat !!

On the other hand you have Drivers that have allot of money, but cant drive... I will pass on this guy, and unfortunately he will find a ride with a underfunded team, when good drivers watch with disbelief, but it happens.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Did'y Cathcart drive for you and he brought the money?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36627#msg36627

Offline MID

• Series Owner
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2007, 08:54:36 PM »
Bryan and I had a separate deal unlike most others in racing and yes he paid the bills that were made by racing, but his deal never was charged for inventory we needed to have in place to run up front. The cost to be ahead of the game is around $325,000 per year, and at a rate of less then a quarter, we were just having a good time racing.
Cathcart is one the nicest people anyone could ever meet and you can ask that question to anyone in the know, and they will give the same reply. If Bryan and I ever thought running those deals and dumping money was going to have a greater return we would have done it, but we are both business men and understand there is a time to spend and a time to not...If we would have had a sponsor, we would have spent, and I still think under a funded opportunity, Cathcart could have run up front all day long. He still has the Talent, but unlike yesteryears, its all about budget before its about winning, and him and I know that.
Keep in mind that Bryan owns the Junior A Hockey Club in Peterborough, and his time right now is focused on Ice over Ashpalt. Cathcart's Hockey Team is inspired by the role that Bryan plays in the organization. His players came into Peterborough expecting to play for some rich guy. What they didn't know was the guy had money, but was a real kick ass when it came to being competitive. The Peterborough Stars are racing and winning more then they ever have and they are learning the racing grove on the ice by the #71, Cathcart.
Who knows..Bryan and I could go racing together again, but we both know we need a Sponsor to make the program excel.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36628#msg36628

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2007, 08:54:36 PM »

SpencerLewis

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »

" The transsisition from the little guy, to the bigger guy, was accomplished by allowing readers to comment on any thing to do with racing, at the same time keeping the site safe and policed for all ages to enjoy, and I think we have accomplished that" commented CRO President, Evan Towle

a little ironic?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36629#msg36629
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 02:21:29 AM by SpencerLewis »

Offline duken

• Series Owner
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2007, 09:23:29 AM »
Spencer ,your an intelligent guy .  Surely you recognize the difference from what was happening allowing total free will posting to how it is now ? When people came on this site to just cause trouble, and / or bash others, which you and your place of employment were a target of yourselves , did you actually enjoy that ? I didn't enjoy reading those messages and many others didn't either. As the quote you posted from Evan said, this is a site to openly post on racing. When it becomes personal attacks on other people or even race tracks and it's employees, it crosses the line. I recall the attacks made against you, the 48 Team from Barrie, the slurs against an individuals choice of companions that were on this board for several days before being removed. That was great reading for the younger members to see. When the posts on your tracks site are censored , what is ironic is you questening how Evan runs his.  ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36632#msg36632
" It's not the sentiment of men that create history, it's their actions".

Offline dodgeguy14

• Series Owner
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007, 09:33:36 AM »
I met jesse at the canadian tire series race at barrie this season. His dad and him spent about an hour in our pit just talking racing and i found them both to be pretty down to earth, nice people. Jesse is very well spoken and understands all the aspects of the car. Good luck in 08 jesse!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36633#msg36633

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2007, 09:48:26 AM »
Yes but personal attacks is not included in this so it is not a little ironic.

I think we need to learn how to address and question what people post. so not to make it sound like a personal attack.

This can be done by just saying.

Example: Evan I have a question about something in you press release. I looked at the ASA site and it doesn't show any starts from you and then the simple reply would;d have been I made a mistake we were going to start a car but something came up.

but when you start out and say Evan you never started in ASA what are you talking about. It sounds like you are attacking me or the postings. Maybe you were attacking me and maybe you weren't. When you typing it is hard to tell how the person is coming across. When people type in all caps we know the person is yelling but that is all we can tell about typing.

It seems when one person takes the post and feels it is attacking a person others think the flood gates have open and they can do the same.

I'm not telling you how to write messages on here but I know I read the message I'm commenting on then read my reply and I can tell if the ton is good or bad and sometimes after reading my reply it sounds like I might be coming off a bit strong.

Also some times the orginal poster replies to a comment and there tone of their reply to the comment comes off as they are offended by the reply.

it is a tricky thing posting on messages boards I have been doing it since the late 80's and I have been in a few battles of postings.

Hope this makes sense.

" The transsisition from the little guy, to the bigger guy, was accomplished by allowing readers to comment on any thing to do with racing, at the same time keeping the site safe and policed for all ages to enjoy, and I think we have accomplished that" commented CRO President, Evan Towle

a little ironic?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36634#msg36634
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 10:02:47 AM by CanadianRacingOnline »
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

Offline JustWondering

• Car Owner
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2007, 12:45:19 PM »
HAHA!!! Mid has no worries he knows I will drive his third car for him.  ;) I won't complain.

Thanks Mid for all your hard word getting the OSS up and running...Keep it up the great work you and the rest of the crew are doing.

Just a friendly reminder,,,,it was Ron and Ted Lethbridge, and to a lesser degree, Dave Connelly who got the OSS up and running.     In doing so Rons' racing efforts were undoubtedly hampered during the season as he and many of his crew members were involved in operations during each event. Some other individuals were were volunteering are still active on the 2008 Board of Directors.

Just Wondering

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36639#msg36639

Offline MID

• Series Owner
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2007, 09:02:47 PM »
Its great that you made a note of that because without the Lethbridge's and Connelly's there would be no OSS.
Funny enough, but when the Lethbridge's contacted me I was already doing the leg work on reconstructing the Sportsman Series. Ron and Ted both deserve a pat on the back for redoing the series and Connelly has played
one of the bigger roles in terms of bringing the sponsors, which came down to allot of hard work.
Things grow from good attitudes and the OSS was planted from the Lethbridge's and the Connelly group.
Hats off to shinning stars... And thanks for the OSS !!! 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36648#msg36648

SpencerLewis

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2007, 10:22:04 PM »
Spencer ,your an intelligent guy .  Surely you recognize the difference from what was happening allowing total free will posting to how it is now ? When people came on this site to just cause trouble, and / or bash others, which you and your place of employment were a target of yourselves , did you actually enjoy that ? I didn't enjoy reading those messages and many others didn't either. As the quote you posted from Evan said, this is a site to openly post on racing. When it becomes personal attacks on other people or even race tracks and it's employees, it crosses the line. I recall the attacks made against you, the 48 Team from Barrie, the slurs against an individuals choice of companions that were on this board for several days before being removed. That was great reading for the younger members to see. When the posts on your tracks site are censored , what is ironic is you questening how Evan runs his.  ;D

you're totally right

however Mobil1Fan's posts were deleted too, and I dont think Ive ever seen him "attack" anyone since I've been on this site.

It just seems as though everytime someone says something contrary to what Dave Didero is saying, it's considered an attack. That's just from an oberserver, as I've stayed out of every single one of the press releases / arguments concerning the OSS and Mid America Motorsports.

I suppose I'm just afraid that since Evan has partnered with the OSS, it's limited members right to comment on the OSS with either positive or negative postings, as they would with any other series or track; Because now, you're not criticizing the OSS, you're criticizing the series that's in conjunction with CRO.

Evan does a fantastic job moderating this board. And I know we're trying to stamp out the vulgarity and attacks on this website, but not every post is going to be overwhelingly positive.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36651#msg36651

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2007, 12:11:55 AM »
This deal with OSS will not affect the way the site is run and they know this coming into the deal.

Let me make it clear I cleared all the post this in no way means your post was bad I just cleared all the posts after the press release. Sorry for those that thought their posted were removed as they had broken any rules or they felt they were bashing.

I suppose I'm just afraid that since Evan has partnered with the OSS, it's limited members right to comment on the OSS with either positive or negative postings, as they would with any other series or track; Because now, you're not criticizing the OSS, you're criticizing the series that's in conjunction with CRO.

Evan does a fantastic job moderating this board. And I know we're trying to stamp out the vulgarity and attacks on this website, but not every post is going to be overwhelingly positive.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36653#msg36653
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

Offline Buford

• Car Owner
    • SJF motorsports
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2007, 09:34:37 AM »
Perhaps, Mid should add a Blog to the OSS site, he can use that site better for the news and create traffic there, will not be as much bashing of him here!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36654#msg36654
Scott Fletcher
HYPE Energy-Fine Details #60

Offline racewoman

• Series Owner
  • He has my whole heart
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2007, 10:40:29 AM »
I don't see any need for ANY bashing of ANYONE anywhere. Life is really to short. I just about lost my 17 year old son Aug 6th due to a car accident then again very close to losing Matt to a stroke on Aug. 7th. Then on Aug 11th I was asked to take my son off life support. People here want to bash others I just don't understand it.

Here is a GREAT message board where mostly ADULTS come on and are sitting at their keyboards most with the use of two hands maybe can't type with both but at least have the use of both hands. My son doesn't have the use of his left side. My son read this stuff and he read all the bashing. He is thankful for all the support but doesn't understand why people are bashing each other. He said it is just like at school. Bashing people for what spelling errors, petty little things childish crap. Come on people lets set an example here lets clean it up once and for all.

If people think I don't know Dave Connelly, Ted and Ron Lethbridge are on the Board of Director and got the OSS up and running your mistaken. I have thanked them.  The point I was making is why crap on Dave (Mid) he is here on this board feeding us info quite a bit. People complained when CASCAR never gave use info when NCaTS didn't give us info and now that Dave (Mid) is giving us info people still crap all over the guy.

To the whole Crew of OSS and I mean Board of Directors, Teams, and their crew members CONGRATS also and big Thank YOU  to Dave (Mid) for getting info out to us all. 

Keep up the great work guys and gals.

Please stop all this BASHING is is really uncalled for.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36655#msg36655
I will fix the coolant lines...you pick up the supper! Careful watching me cook may give you a heart attack ;)

Offline hill3

• Series Owner
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2007, 07:06:58 PM »
i find it strange how it went silent on this board after your words of wisdom racewoman. thanks.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36656#msg36656
THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!      -PARA TODA MI VIDA-

Offline MID

• Series Owner
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2007, 09:34:43 PM »
Just for the record... CRO has nothing what so ever to do with Mid America, and comments made, that Evan protects what I say, are totally out in left field. I think this site has been forced to edit comments that are made by a select group of individuals that feel the need to argue, bash or simply cause a mess, and I for one thank CRO for having the interest in removing such items.
Everyone has to realize that we do have kids on this site, and I am not talking about the Bash Teamates, but talking about the younger members in age, again not the 'Bash Team'.

The future of motorsports depends on the youth of today, and the younger kids taking an interest in racing are the people that will preserve motorsports and the fans of tommorrow. Our young fans hear enough BS on the streets and on TV, and we do not need to allow it to be heard here on this site.

Saying that, by all means for those that want to bash, I can be reached in person at all race tracks that we compete at and I will go out of my way to give you more then enough time to hear your comments, and we can talk there without disturbing this site.

Let's keep it clean here and allow the other people that enjoy this website the opportunity to learn, discuss, and comment on issues that make a difference in racing, the sport they truly follow and continue to grow.   

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6987.msg36665#msg36665
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:27:06 AM by midamerica »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats