Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: New Date set for Annual Banquet… October 27 2012  (Read 968 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
New Date set for Annual Banquet… October 27 2012
« on: September 21, 2012, 10:43:25 PM »

Tillsonburg Mini Outlaws have one race left in the Summer Series for 2012. After a brief rest, they return for the Thanksgiving 100 on Saturday Oct 6.

Setting a date for the annual banquet is easy. Setting one that does not conflict with other organizations has been almost impossible. Hopefully we have found a weekend that we can use every year. The last Saturday of October, which this year happens to be October 27 2012.

On to the racing.

The Beginners had two new faces this week and it sure mixed up things. The kids that have been racing all season have learned enough to maneuver their way through traffic more or less so really what we saw was a lot of good racing and you only occasionally had to cover your eyes. Lol  #8 Tristan McClay/Burgessville was able to just edge out # 45 Nick Sheridan/Mt Brydges for first overall with # 93 Rayse Meyer/Courtland managing 3rd despite Tom Pellizzari’s best effort. Congratulations to # 14m Kyle McGlone/Union and # 48 Brandon Murphy/St Thomas on their first race ever. Both went home without needing any bodywork repairs so the night was very successful for both.

The Junior division also had a new racer. Welcome # 6m Eric McGlone/Union making his racing debut, again without kart damage. I am sure Dad was happy about that.
# 66 Colby Bennett won the 15 lap sprint while # 62 Oscar McCormack won the 25 lap main and # 52 Jacob Sheridan grabbed the final 30 lap main win. When the points were added it was Sheridan, McCormack and Bennett in that order for the night.

For the Seniors it was # 26 Katherine Summers taking the 15 lap sprint with #39 Kate and # 79 Bea Courtnage trading wins in the mains. # 87 Brad Perrott was able to claim third overall behind Bea and Kate. # 77 Alex Hill who was sitting very high in the Series started the night out upside down after a two wheeled excursion went wrong. Although the kart was damaged, she was able to continue on to salvage as many points as possible. She starts in front of the Courtnage girls next week. Will it be enough to jump back to first and take the Summer Series? One more race night is going to determine the whole series outcome. Stayed tuned.

# 37 Scott Kelly tops the Experts this week. Determined not to let the old guy, (that’s me) beat him, he whopped the whole field in the process. He won the 10 lap sprint and took second in qualifying and the main.  Good Job. On a more depressing note, both Joe Kelly and Bob Townsend both beat me in qualifying. Revenge came in the races though as I was able to put them behind me. For the night it was Scott Chesterman and Cody Coburn going two and three overall.

Remaining Season dates
Tuesday September 25 2012. Summer Series final race
Saturday October 6 2012.  Thanksgiving 100 race and Club Potluck.
Saturday October 27 2012 Year End Banquet and awards presentation.

Our mailing address is:
CHESTERMAN POWER PRODUCTS
14493 BAYHAM DR
HWY 3
TILLSONBURG, On N4G4G8

Our telephone:
519-842-5977

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=16517.msg105210#msg105210
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: September 21, 2012, 10:43:25 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats