Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Flamboro Results October-5th  (Read 8483 times)

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
Flamboro Results October-5th
« on: October 05, 2008, 11:08:59 PM »
very quick little recap....I wanna watch my tape of Dega..and just not in the mood for typing...haha

They had a LCQ for the LM's ended in a wreck for the final trasferspot on the laps lap...Elliott in the 36 snuk threw and got the last spot...although they started 26 cars and let the 2 that wrecked in

TC's had 2 LCQ...first one was much of the same as the LM the fight for the final trasnferspot ended in a wreck on the final lap....it was wild off turn-4 they were like 3-wide 2 rows deep....for the final spot but didn't end up wrecking untill turn-2

the 2nd was much cleaner as I bealive it went caution free

Late Model 50 #1

Won by #82

Pretty tame race...there was a few cautions and one bit of a pile up that ended in the 4 of Urlin getting DQ'd

the 8 gave it all he had to the 82 but could not get by.

Late Model 50 #2

Won by #44 (was called with 5 laps left)

Invert of the lead lap cars from the first 50, race got off to a rocky start as there was a few spins and such to begin with...and then on about lap 16 the biggiest wreck of the night happend as the 4 & 54?? were bumping and banging down the front stretch and then going into 1...I'm assuming the 54's tire went down as both cars...went HARD!!!!! into the turn-1 wall...4 hit so hard on the side door the car fliped completly upside down....and not like he climbed the wall really..it was just the force of the impact fliped the car complety on it's lid, and then in one of the most BIZZAR things I have ever seen...Urlin gets out of his car and steals!! the safty truck!!!! and goes flying off into the pits...as officals chased him down...I have no idea why??? maybe the other driver already left for the pits and he went after him....I'v got no idea...and then 2 people came onto the track...his parents?? and the one guy started to aruge with the corner offical and they started to push and shove ect. cooler heads pervaied.... and after a long clean up they got the race going again, then on lap 45 a couple cars in the back crashed and they called the race......I wish they atleast tryed to restart once...beacuse it was a great race up untill that point..but they called it.

TC's

Won by-#13

Fairly clean race....the 02 & 72 were comming hard but nobody was touching the 13 on this night.  near the end under yellow the 72(Barrie) & 53 apprently had some disagreement...as the 72 spun the 53 on the backstrech...and then the 53 came flying back and spun the 72 out..... officals had enough of that craped and Black Flaged them both.

Strong field of cars everyone was packed tight all race and they did a great job not to wreck

LLM

Won by #47

annoying race...it took way to long...to many little spins..and officals took forever to line-up the cars on a number of cautions

Parker in the 8 did a great job holding onto the bumper of Walters...but he just cound't get by....gave him a bump on the last lap but could not get by.

one farily serious crash as the 48....and the 28? got togther down the front stretch and for whatever reason Baker wound't let off the gas and sent the 28 into the wall.

OSCAAR

Won by #7(race shorted to 30 laps)

Small field of 12 OSCAAR's took the green...Hanley was easly the best car but had engine problems around lap 15 or so.   on a Re-start at around lap 18 the "big one" happend....it started in turn-1 and comming out of 2...the 54 cliped the 83 and Boqure just climbed the wall..and the car like littalry flew threw the air and landed backwards into the wall....the 18,68,7T were all involved as well.....and imo Dunford got the worst of it..as that 7T car was destroyed from the looks of it.

Mini Stocks

Won by #13

Wild action..all race a lot of 2-3 wide racing but it was very clean caution wise, one big wreck as a car spun and the 92 like littraly lauched off him and got some serious air.

very competive for the lead between the 31,64,13 all race.

Last lap all heck broke loose though....as there was an accident in turn-1 & turn-2 and then a big mess off of turn-4 that involved a few cars.

V-Mods

Won by # 9

Fairly competive cleaist race of the night.

Good Afternoon/Evening of racing...I enjoyed my first trip to Ocktoberfest and will deffently be back next year.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58451#msg58451
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 12:55:19 AM by 3-Wide »
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Flamboro Results October-5th
« on: October 05, 2008, 11:08:59 PM »

Offline poacher

• Rookie Driver
Re: Flamboro Results October-5th
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 11:18:19 PM »
Ok 3 Wide that Thunder feature was not tame at all, those mid pack cars were bangin n dumpin each other the whole race. And what is it with the Flammy cars dumpin visitors all day. I guess thats why they call it Slamboro, I'm just glad we left the car at home

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58452#msg58452

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 11:22:34 PM »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 11:22:34 PM »

Offline poacher

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 11:25:38 PM »
The ministocks were pretty clean, just alot of cars.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58455#msg58455

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 11:26:57 PM »
Ok 3 Wide that Thunder feature was not tame at all

haha true...I ment tame as in not a lot of yellows...but it was deffently rough  mid-back pack

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58456#msg58456

Offline rjrinc

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 11:30:16 PM »
Good writeup 3.....but need to correct you on one thing.

The 54 casued the BIG ONE in SLM feature, if you were watching pitside after tech he just about had his head ripped of from 83 and 7t crew.

These "veteran" drivers need to exercise some patience once in a while rather than take out anything in their way just because they want to get to the front.

As far as I am concerend, the rookie drivers in the Thunder and 4 cyl cars put on much better shows tonight!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58457#msg58457

Offline poacher

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 11:37:03 PM »
Still trying to figure out what the #76 problem was, first he dumps the #87 of Reyns halfway thru 1 n 2. And it's done right in front of the official and he gets to keep his spot. ??? Then takes another polk at the #87 after the race I guess he didn't like the fact the #87 caught em from the back. That 17 year old girl in the #02 sure can drive.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58458#msg58458

Offline poacher

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 11:45:50 PM »
Does anyone know what happened to the #84 T.C of Santa, I mean Ken Weisbrod. Was he DQd.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58460#msg58460

Offline Jackman2007

• Team Owner
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 11:51:30 PM »
I agree Poacher with the incident involving the black #67 Camaro spinning out the #37 of Reyns . Then after the race the #67 threatens Reyns that he's going to wreck him at Peterborough ! What's this guy thinking ? Willie at no point caused any problems for the #67 and even kept his cool after the Camaro spun him out and only Willie was sent to the back of the pack ????? The racing here this weekend was fun to watch ! They even had new fresh burger buns and the awesome Flamburgers we all love to go back for second , thirds , Fourths and fifths for ....mmmm mmmm good ! Once again the #47 crew you cleaned up the heat wins and 50 lap race ......excellent job gang ! I hope we have enough super late models left for a good end of season race . See you all at Peterborough next week .

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58461#msg58461

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 12:54:20 AM »
Yea that was rediciously with Willie...and whoever that moron is, anybody that knows Willie knows he is very clean....there's a reason he has run full season at KD..and Invitationals at Sunset,Sauble,Barrie and the car never got 1 scratch on it all year long!

Untill today when he got caught in that mess..and then apprently the guy thinks he needs to rough his car up more heading off to the pits....what a joke... ::)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58464#msg58464

Offline jcrashm2

• Series Owner
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 01:10:06 AM »
All i heard was Santa didnt go to tech after his race...guess it wasnt on his to do list. We love watching Santa. Some call him Colonel too.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58468#msg58468
Raced Flamboro,Varney,Sauble,Barrie,CNE, Sunset,Ohsweken,Humberstone,Peterboro, Paris,Delaware

Offline mike32

• Series Owner
  • Last of the Time Lords
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 08:02:10 AM »
oh my aching back-not used to these Marathons any longer! Almost every race saw the winner from the pole or first row. Kudos to the minis for a good race. Re Urlin-I still insist that he was unfairly black flagged from first feature after dumping Todd Campbell as it appeared Campbell was already starting to go when he got into him and left a hole which he soon filled. Re the Urlin's wreck in the second 50, it was with one of the 56's I believe (One driven by Stewart, the other by Ellis). I must admit I bailed at that point but it looks like the leader never changed.
 Disappointed by the lack of outside LM cars, but with Flammy running a different tire than Delaware, I can see why.
 Oscaar-what can you say-hope there are enough cars left to run a heat race at Peterboro next week.
 LLMs-weak field-Tommy on the front row and Vic running on 7 cylinders
 Agree with you guys about the number of laps it took to realign cars from simple one car spins and boy were they quick throwing the yellow in some cases, way too quick. One way radios should be mandatory. Speaking of radios-I could not believe they were permitting two way radios in the limited late models (Way to keep cost down-not!!!!!) I like how DIRT mandated one ways in all divisions and limited two way crew to car radios to races of 200 laps only. There was too much radio controlled driving with the crew chief calling the blocking moves-sound familiar anyone?
 Vintage Mods-weak field-same old cars with different paint jobs (and this comes from someone who owned one by default for two seasons) but they ran an intense feature
 Maybe we just have too many divisions for drivers to choose from.................
And 3 Wide-that was Jon Urlins parents (his dad is former ACT champ Russ Urlin) walking along the front straight to the scene of the wreck. I think Russ had been spotting for Jon in the stands.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58472#msg58472
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 09:39:57 AM by mike32 »

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 08:30:32 AM »
Yea that was rediciously with Willie...and whoever that moron is, anybody that knows Willie knows he is very clean....there's a reason he has run full season at KD..and Invitationals at Sunset,Sauble,Barrie and the car never got 1 scratch on it all year long!

Untill today when he got caught in that mess..and then apprently the guy thinks he needs to rough his car up more heading off to the pits....what a joke... ::)

Last guy to mess with Willy a few years back, a CCS car I beleive, it didn't end very well for him....

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58477#msg58477
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

Offline duken

• Series Owner
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 09:08:54 AM »
3 wide, the incident involving the 48 LLM is not exactly as you described. From our vantage point in the pit grandstand , it was clearly seen that Baker had his front brakes locked up. They got hooked together coming out of 4 and rode like that down the front straight . I talked to Dwyane, he said he couldn;t steer left . I think you have to admit after coming back from the pits, he put on the best run of anyone out there for several laps until brushing the wall and damaging a control arm.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58481#msg58481
" It's not the sentiment of men that create history, it's their actions".

Offline TC87Crew

• Race Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 09:24:40 AM »
I just wanna say I feel very sorry for the clean and respectful drivers that run a TC at Flamboro on a regular basis that have to put up with a few of the Demo Derby drivers. Maybe try to make a pass eg. Duck under,try a different line, go high instead of trying to drive through the back bumber in EVERY corner. Funny in 2 full seasons of racing Kawartha Peterborough Sauble Sunset Ottawa Barrie Mosport and more damage is caused by one meathead in Flamboro then everywhere else combined. At least Peterborough doesnt have any Home track thunder cars..Maybe we will see some more fair calls.. instead of Home track cars do what they want and out of town cars to the back we might see involved cars to the back...that means the accident causer should be at the back aswell. Where his Driving style is more suited..I for one am looking forward to it..Geez I hope Peterborough has a tire changer there with 200 hundred some odd cars???

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8797.msg58482#msg58482
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 09:42:38 AM by TC87Crew »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats