Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: JASON WHITE MAKES TRUCK SERIES DEBUT  (Read 763 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
JASON WHITE MAKES TRUCK SERIES DEBUT
« on: August 27, 2018, 11:17:43 AM »

August 26, 2018. “Racin’ Jason White” made his inaugural start in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series this past weekend at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park near Bowmanville, Ontario.  White piloted the #33 Zimmer Wheaton/YourGMCTruckStore.com Chevrolet around the challenging 2.5 mile, ten turn road course and while there were a couple of glitches he also showed plenty of poise and skill.

During the two Saturday practice sessions White looked to gain as much experience as possible in the Zimmer Wheaton/YourGMCTruckStore.com Chevy and showed some impressive speed.  “We were 17thon worn tires and I know there’s still more in there,” said White enthusiastically.  “Working with Doug George as my Crew Chief was awesome too, we clicked right away”.

White would qualify the Zimmer Wheaton/YourGMCTruckStore.com Truck 23rdfor the feature race on Sunday afternoon and in the early going began moving forward and methodically gaining positions.  “I just tried to be smart and take one spot at a time” he said.  “The truck felt really good in the early going and it helped me settle in,” he added.

During the first round of pit stops on a tight pit road White was trying to give the championship contenders plenty of room and wound up pitting outside his pit box.  Then while serving a drive through penalty was caught for speeding.  “That’s on me,” said White.  “I wasn’t going to do anything that interfered with the guys fighting for a title and I was just a little quick on pit lane”.

During stage two of the race the team went into a fuel saving strategy and White did his best to conserve while maintaining speed in the Zimmer Wheaton/YourGMCTruckStore.com Chevy. The plan was to make their final stop early and be in position for the best possible result.

In the final stage White maintained the balance of speed and fuel conservation in the Zimmer Wheaton/YourGMCTruckStore.com Truck and had one more giant obstacle to overcome:  A last lap calamity of contact and spinning Trucks ahead of him.  White deftly maneuvered his way through the crazy final lap and scores a 23rdplace finish. 

“It’s not the result we wanted, but at the same time, we did some really good things,” said White.  “We stayed out of trouble and got better as the race went on and it’s easy to see the potential with this group.  It’s such a great family atmosphere at Reaume Brothers Racing, absolutely terrific people.  Rob Zimmer and the Zimmer Wheaton Group, they’ve been long time partners and we love working with them.  I already told the team, I’ll be back next year and maybe we can do some more races too” said White.

To keep up with the latest news about Jason White and the team follow Jason on twitter for the updates @racinjasonwhite and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RacinJasonWhite

Prepared by, Todd Lewis, TL Sports & Entertainment, (239) 961-2618 todd@tlsportsent.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26540.msg119107#msg119107
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: August 27, 2018, 11:17:43 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats