Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Super Stock question  (Read 23659 times)

Offline jworacing

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
  • Cause we suck at hockey
    • JWO Racing
Re: Super Stock question
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2009, 11:13:01 PM »
"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose."
- Dale Earnhardt

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2009, 11:13:01 PM »

Offline smithbarney

• Series Owner
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2009, 09:28:44 AM »
At least the alternator is stock ;D

Is this not getting out of hand.....and causing more teams to throw more money than is necessary at these cars? Are you wanting the vette water pump for the ammount of water flow, or the weight reduction???

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10748.msg75964#msg75964

Offline jworacing

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
    • JWO Racing
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2009, 10:59:14 AM »
No body makes under drive stuff for the long pump. The Vette pump is shorter and a bit lighter, I've already seen this stuff on other cars and I'm not complaining. I only ask for clarity, as to what is allowed. I don't know and don't care if the water flow in a Vette is any different from the long pump. Actually the vette pump was also used on pick-ups in the sixties. I do know the shaft is bigger in the vette pump and therefore more robust. The Allstar pulleys are to expensive for what you get and we run an alternator and power sterring so belt tossing becomes an issue. As far cost goes if I wanted to race cheap we would be racing mini-stocks at Flamboro. Our plan is to move up to Late Model someday and I don't the price of those is dropping anytime soon. Why does cost always seem to the biggest issue? what happened to durability and reliability? You think tossing belts and cutting rad hoses and dumping all your water is cheap? or boiling power steering pumps and boxes is cheap? These Super Stocks are not cheap to run, but like go like hell.
And if you wanna know the real truth, we saved so much money this year from not being tore up we can afford to try to improve the car. I've got $1000 bucks invested in the rearend alone to keep it together, but with stock parts how much does a trip into the wall cost?
Nobody held a gun to my head and said you gotta buy aftermarket axles and a c clip elimantors and a spool, but I did. Why cause we lossed the axle flange once and it cost $400 in parts and repairs to fix the mess. We put the same stock axle in and 2 nights later the flange was cracked over halfwat around again. So you can't rely on stock parts t okeeps these cars going at these speeds.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10748.msg75966#msg75966
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 11:16:16 AM by jworacing »
"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose."
- Dale Earnhardt

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2009, 10:59:14 AM »

Offline jworacing

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
    • JWO Racing
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2009, 11:17:48 AM »
Oh yah the only reason why I asked about the aluminum is because you get one with the kit, would be nice to be able to use it.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10748.msg75967#msg75967
- Dale Earnhardt

Offline FromTheStands

• No Soup for You
  • Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
  • Wanna be Grand Poohba
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2009, 12:46:10 PM »
Jim, I have no problem with what your asking. But everytime one of these changes gets made, it's never put in the rules. You wouldn't believe the changes and exception there have been that aren't posted in the rule book.

If your throwing belts and cutting hoses, you'd best look at your alignment or your pulleys. It's not something alot of other cars are going through.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10748.msg75973#msg75973

Offline jworacing

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
    • JWO Racing
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2009, 01:20:54 PM »
I know that I always over read the rules book build the car to the rules show up and find out were not even close to the status quo. I'm not complaining but it's time for the rules to be overhauled and "Cleaned Up" as it were. Take the top 10 cars and study them and see what is koshure and whats not and then fix the rules to reflect the changes. Clean up the wording and make it work. How pissed was I when I showed up with a hood cut exactly to spec as per the rules and I get it's no good. What is floppy? I was told our hood was twisty ??? HMMM Not cool after it was painted.  I dunno I'm for keeping it simple, does it reall matter if my hood is twisty? I didnt show up with a splitter. Are we splitting hairs here? 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10748.msg75975#msg75975
- Dale Earnhardt

Offline DB71

• Car Owner
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2009, 01:26:52 PM »
Don't know what all everyone runs for pullies and belts. I do know all the cars out of the Lawrence shop don't run power steering or altenators. I seem to remember one of them (77) turned a 21:05 on the last night.
So the alternator and power steering are not manditory or needed, think of the weight and cost you could save by not running those, could have bought the pullies.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10748.msg75977#msg75977

Offline jworacing

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
    • JWO Racing
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2009, 01:37:56 PM »
- Dale Earnhardt

Offline smithbarney

• Series Owner
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2009, 01:42:33 PM »
I know that I always over read the rules book build the car to the rules show up and find out were not even close to the status quo. I'm not complaining but it's time for the rules to be overhauled and "Cleaned Up" as it were. Take the top 10 cars and study them and see what is koshure and whats not and then fix the rules to reflect the changes. Clean up the wording and make it work. How pissed was I when I showed up with a hood cut exactly to spec as per the rules and I get it's no good. What is floppy? I was told our hood was twisty ??? HMMM Not cool after it was painted.  I dunno I'm for keeping it simple, does it reall matter if my hood is twisty? I didnt show up with a splitter. Are we splitting hairs here? 

jim have you submited your ideas for the rules as was requested by the track in late August?

With respect to the hood does it not say stock with three inch bracing?? Correct me if I am wrong, but stock hoods are not cut?

I would agree with from the stands, if you are throwing belts you have an alignment problem or the actual mounts for the engine are twisting.

Glad to hear that you have a lot of money left over and I would suspect any of your fellow competitors would gladly accept a drink or two at tonights party... ( too bad I can not get down from hamilton tonight or i would seek you out!)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10748.msg75979#msg75979

Offline DB71

• Car Owner
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2009, 01:44:34 PM »

Offline jworacing

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
    • JWO Racing
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2009, 02:00:28 PM »
Comments?

Note: a minimum amount of stock hood bracing 3” wide from the outside should be maintained (hood & deck
lid cannot be “floppy” when opened. Optional approved non-functional hood scoop / budge for extra throttle clearance

My hood was stiff and would have stayed flat with stock hinges, It's a mute point and I'm not complaining

Were not throwing belts I run the the flat micro v setup

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10748.msg75985#msg75985
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 02:23:09 PM by jworacing »
- Dale Earnhardt

Offline d_hilborn

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2009, 02:16:12 PM »

Offline partsman

• Pit Crew
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2009, 02:25:50 PM »
hey  ____   isn't that a "Lucas Oil Sportsman"   ????

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10748.msg75988#msg75988

Offline smithbarney

• Series Owner
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2009, 02:31:31 PM »
Comments?

Note: a minimum amount of stock hood bracing 3” wide from the outside should be maintained (hood & deck
lid cannot be “floppy” when opened. Optional approved non-functional hood scoop / budge for extra throttle clearance

My hood was stiff and would have stayed flat with stock hinges, It's a mute point and I'm not complaining

Were not throwing belts I run the the flat micro v setup

Where is the hood?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10748.msg75989#msg75989

Offline jworacing

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
    • JWO Racing
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2009, 02:38:17 PM »
- Dale Earnhardt

HTML ezBlock

site
stats