Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: JAMES MARCHE 1ST TIME WINNER WITH LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS  (Read 1083 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
JAMES MARCHE 1ST TIME WINNER WITH LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS

James Marche stepped into the Winners Circle for the 1st time with the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Grand Bend Speedway on Saturday night. In only his second outing in the Craig Mackereth owned TQ #43, Marche lead all 25 laps, caution free, running less than 5 minutes with 11 second laps at this tight 'Bull Ring'. He was 'Rookie of the Year' in 2015 with the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets. It was a treat for all the fans in the grandstands. Marche was almost speechless when asked how it felt to win at his hometown track. He ran in various divisions there since he was a youngster. "This is awesome, said Marche, I don't know what to say. I want to thank Mack DeMan for giving me this opportunity, Andy Mackereth for his help on the car, my Mom and Dad and girlfriend Hailey for all their help and support and our Club sponsor Lucas Oil. Also my sponsors, APD, Gales Auto, Parker Drainage, and Music Central, I couldn't do this without you."

As the field took the green at the start of the race Marche grabbed the lead followed by Rob Neely and Mack DeMan. Barry Dunn road in fourth place followed by the very quick Adam Racine. Racine passed Dunn on the next lap as Marche, Neely and DeMan were in a pack. Marche started to open up his lead as former champions Neely and DeMan fought hard for second. One lap later Dunn went into the pits with mechanical problems but there was not a need for a caution. The cars were turning very fast times in the low 11 second range at this 1/4 mile tri-oval.

Ryan Fraser now joined the top five as Racine was on the tail of DeMan. DeMan had his sites on Neely but couldn't find an opening. With ten laps in Marche had a 5 car lead over Neely while DeMan was on his tail. Racine was very close behind. Fraser, running a strong race now had another London driver, Darren McLennan, looking to go to the front right behind him. At halfway, Marche held the point as Neely held off DeMan. Racine and Fraser had their own battle for position. Finally on lap 17 DeMan found a hole and took over 2nd place from Neely. DeMan set sites on Marche, team car in the Mackereth stable, but Marche held a sizable lead. Neely stayed close to DeMan but didn't have enough time to get the position back. Racine ran tight to Neely with Fraser and McLennan fighting for fifth place.

As the checkered flag flew, Marche collected his first Lucas Oil Can-Am Midget feature win, followed by DeMan, Neely, Racine and Fraser. The top three stopped for photos and interviews by Jared Doxtator in Victory Lane.
Heats were won by Neely and Racine.

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets have had 6 different winners this season, three 1st time winners and only one repeat winner in this highly competitive group. They will have the next weekend off and then return for the Canadian Holiday weekend for a doubleheader at Sauble Speedway on July 30th and 31st.

Final Finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Grand Bend Speedway was...1. JAMES MARCHE, 2. Mack DeMan, 3. Rob Neely, 4. Adam Racine, 5. Ryan Fraser, 6. Darren McLennan, 7. Brandon Zavarella, 8. Adrian Stahle, 9. Darren Dryden, 10. Corey Moesker, 11. Steven Murdock, 12. Craig Pitchell, 13. Barry Dunn.

The Top Ten in Drivers Points for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets as of July 16, 2016 are...1. Mack DeMan...1153, 2. Ryan Fraser...1150, 3. Rob Neely...1117, 4. Darren McLennan...1113, 5. tie...Adrian Stahle and Adam Racine...1101, 7. Darren Dryden...1070, 8. Steven Murdock...1054, 9. Brandon Zavarella...1040, 10. Barry Dunn...1012.

For more information on the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets, contact Cindy Lorenz at clorenz74@yahoo.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=23026.msg115589#msg115589
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats