Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: RANGER: FIFTH PLACE FINISH AT CHICAGOLAND  (Read 698 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
RANGER: FIFTH PLACE FINISH AT CHICAGOLAND
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:18:22 AM »

For immediate release

NDS – 2010-06-05 - 006

JOLIET, IL — June 5, 2011 —Two-time NASCAR Canadian Tire Series Champion Andrew Ranger finished fifth, in his second career ARCA Racing Series start, while competing in the rained delayed Messina Wildlife Animal Stopper 150 held at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois.

Ranger qualified the No. 53 Bollegraaf / Van Dyk Corporation NDS Motorsports fifteen out of the thirty-four competitors who attempted to qualify for the 100-lap, 150-mile race. "We didn't get the qualifying position I would have liked" said Ranger, "considering it's my first time here at Chicagoland and only my second start in an ARCA car, we did pretty good"  he added.

The Roxton Pond, Quebec driver methodically worked his way to the front using the high-side of the race track, most of the time racing just inches from the outside wall.  "The handling of the car changed drastically from the daytime, when we qualified, where it was push.  At night, I ran the high side around to compensate for the loose condition."  The Team strategy called for two pit stops: a first time on lap 30 for two left side tires and then on lap 75 for two right side tires.  Ranger's skillful driving slicing thru the field and the precision work in the pits by the over-the-wall crew resulted in great track position and racing as high as third place in the later part of the race.

On the final restart, with two laps to go, under a green-white-checker scenario, Ranger had an awesome restart and drove from seventh to fourth place.  Side-by-side for the last two laps with Josh Richards, Ranger was edged out only by inches at the line and finished fifth.  "The car was very good.  Excellent pit strategy and work by the crew put us in contention for a great finishing position.  I am very pleased with the results and pleased with the work of the team."

Andrew Ranger will return behind the wheel of the No. 53 NDS Motorsports race car on June 25th, when the NASCAR Nationwide Series will be racing the challenging Road America 4.048-mile road course in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.

Source : NDS Motorsports

Steve Hibbard / Marc Patrick Roy

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13420.msg93712#msg93712
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: June 08, 2011, 11:18:22 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats