Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: NASCAR track talks ramp up  (Read 18669 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Re: NASCAR track talks ramp up
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2008, 08:30:14 PM »
If more people went to see them and the stands were full they could make higher payouts. What is the cheapest you can get a car together for. I'm not talking about building cars like NCATS.

I would hate to see a lot of Canadian tracks numbers this year as I bet a lot of them are in the red.

Maybe CRO can help and have some race parties at the tracks and get people out to these smaller tracks.

The Dizzy did it this year rented a bus and brought people to the track. I can't recall what the turn out was like.

All it takes is people to bring a friend that has never been to a race. I know I have a couple people that would be open to going to a race in 2009.

Without fans their is no racing so we would have to do our part as well. Have a company outing at the track it is probably cheaper then some of these Golf outings companies do.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8828.msg59930#msg59930
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2008, 08:30:14 PM »

Offline B.A.R.

• Track Owner
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2008, 09:37:39 PM »
I cant believe it- everyone is actually talking sense...maybe we should consider taking over the Canadian Government and run the Country- where we make Sense !!

Replies to quotes so far.
First- The Toronto Molson Indy was canceled because of the second word of this line, meaning Molsons.
No Molson Money - No Toronto Indy that year.
Although another Beer company stepped in to sponsor the event years following-
it was a poor outing for all- Racers and Fans alike.

Andretti bought the right because he likes the smell of money and if the event is ever to get its shit together, Andretti will be the Victor in the wallet category.
Will it ever be what it was....NO...because before it was new until everyone got sick of it, and then it became old, and that is where it will start from if put back on the schedule.....
JUST OLD.

The IRL kicks Carts ass. Always has - always will.
Cart was a series for fine wine and cheese party type folk.
It was filled with Drivers that earned the rides based on Daddy's money, and if there was ever a series to be border line Gay- this was it.
The IRL is made up of 50% Cart folk, and 50% real racers and teams.
At least they are 50% more likely not to be Gay !!

If I was building the track in Fort Erie, I would put my eggs in the IRL's basket way before I would invest in the Nascar Cup Series, although, the Nascar Nationwide or Truck Series would make a great back up to the Indy Cars on a all Canadian Weekend at Fort Erie.

It is no secret in Corporate America that Nascar does not have the edge any longer in Sports Marketing.
Investor's are seeing the same thing that race fans are seeing, and that is empty seats and blank cars.
As for Car's- Five years ago you would be hard pressed to find a Cup Car running blank.
Hell even the Pace Cars use to run Sponsor endorsements on the quarter panels !!

Today you have teams that are multi sponsored throughout the year and that is more evident with Cars like the 24, 88, 16, 29, 20, and Edwards just to name a few.
3M likes the vinyl sales...but are they getting paid ?? 

It takes huge corporate backing to field a Team because of the overhead costs, and although the numbers looked like they would never stop growing, it has finally hit its peak.

Gone are the days of Crew Cheifs making a Million plus per year.
Unemployed Crew Cheifs with huge credits are pounding the pavement looking for work
at bargin prices, not because they want to- but because they have to.

Drivers are not paid for talent anymore what so ever..... they are seated based on how big the sponsorship is that they are bringing to the teams.
And finally, series like Nascar will have to step up, just like everyone else is doing and start cutting allot of slack, to Race Tracks and Race Teams as far as cost money goes.

In Short...
Robby Rieser...sure we will pay you the big bucks, but not just to oversee the #17 car...you will now have to over see the entire Roush lineup !!
Dale JR. we have a car for you in the Hendrick Camp, but make sure you bring a ton of money before telling Mom you wont be home for dinner !!
Mr. Nascar - Mr. Buck....its time to sell the Yacht and take a look at buying a 16ft Speed Boat and move it off of Lake Norman, and start launching off of Pearsons Pond !!

This is called change folks and like it or not- it's the reality of racing for the next couple of years to come.

Based on that statement, maybe a new race track in Canada will have a shot, because we all know they will do the deal for allot less money just to get on the map.
They have money to burn- so paying for an over priced series will just become habit, and even though the new race track is going to be funded by the very same people that we are at war with, it wont matter a bit to race fans.....
Its close to home... and who really cares !

I think you will see this Track Open...run and struggle for a long time- but in the end succeed just like so many others before it. 
In the end it will be filled with 90% of the fans coming from NY, PA, ME, NH, OH, and VT.
The other 10% will be Canadian fans......who only went because they got free tickets !!
I can just see it now....
The Moose Jaw 400 from Fort Erie with Ben Ladden waiving the Green...
and I mean more then just the flag.....

Heck- I would be so impressed I would buy the first Fort Erie Super Speedway tee shirt,
Made in China, sold via Mexico, shipped from the USA, and finally, put on my back !!   

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8828.msg59936#msg59936

Offline racerfan44

• Series Owner
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2008, 10:09:34 PM »
Even you are right tracks have to start talking together to make racing good at all tracks .Heard that Peterboro Speedway is trying to set up meetings with other tracks to make rules the same for all tracks.This I think would be good for the sport.Will all tracks want involved in this I would hope so but some tracks think they are better than the other and want to be listed as #1 in the province.That I would call as greed as nobody is better than the other but some think different.As one poster put it follow the dirt track way rules etc.They have no problems and seem to run good shows with good crowds .This was a tough year for racing because of bad weather.Hate to say hope next year is not the same as this year if so there will be a problem.Some posters may not like to hear that.Heard Merritville Speedway is or was up for Sale.When the Bicknells want out there could be a problem as this family is the King & Queen of dirt racing if not racing in Ontario.Again all tracks have to get together on the same page and start working together or there will be problems Money is tight and will be tight so lets get together and work together.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8828.msg59937#msg59937

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2008, 10:09:34 PM »

Offline mike32

• Series Owner
  • Last of the Time Lords
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2008, 10:16:45 PM »
Bicknell and Williamson family plans were to fix up Merrittville and sell it right from the start within a 5 year time frame and the 5 years are pretty well up. The racecar fab business and the track are leading to 80 hour work weeks but they have said that they will keep running the track even if there is no buyer. They are only interested in someone who will maintain the site as a racetrack. It was a smart business move when they bought it originially as 90% of the mod and sportsman racers use Bicknell chassis and even the lower classes are users of parts from BRP and rubber from Hoosier Tire Canada which is also a BRP operation. They were worried that potential buyer, drag racer Peter Fedun, wouldn't have succeeded and closed the place.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8828.msg59940#msg59940

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2008, 10:20:40 PM »
Track owners have to get over who is the best as they are the only ones that care about this. I want to see racing and could careless if it was here or their. if they get together and the fans see it they might come out more and know that the drivers they saw at this track may be at another track they like and fans will follow these drivers to see good racing.

I hope something is done as the #1 track might be the last one standing and that would be a shame.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8828.msg59942#msg59942
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

username

« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2008, 10:16:43 AM »

Will it ever be what it was....NO...because before it was new until everyone got sick of it, and then it became old, and that is where it will start from if put back on the schedule.....
JUST OLD.

The IRL kicks Carts ass. Always has - always will.
Cart was a series for fine wine and cheese party type folk.
It was filled with Drivers that earned the rides based on Daddy's money, and if there was ever a series to be border line Gay- this was it.
The IRL is made up of 50% Cart folk, and 50% real racers and teams.
At least they are 50% more likely not to be Gay !!

realize BAR it will be new again with all of the best open wheel drivers not in F1 racing in one series....not watered down talent in small fields....the economic situation may delay this but it will happen more likely than not.

whether you liked cart or indy was a matter of opinion.

here is a newsflash....i liked cart.....and i'm not gay, neither are some other cart people i know...

in fact i rarely drink wine...but i do like cheese...there are factors such as what types of tracks they run and the cars themselves especially in the first few years after the split that would make one choose one series over the other, i doubt it was their sexual preference.

statements such as yours above make me think you are 50% confident in your sexuality!  lol

btw what makes a real racer or a real team??

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8828.msg59957#msg59957

username

« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2008, 01:34:23 PM »
so it's been over a month.....any news anybody????

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8828.msg61808#msg61808

HTML ezBlock

site
stats