Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Tillsonburg Outlaws race report.  (Read 1054 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Tillsonburg Outlaws race report.
« on: July 22, 2010, 09:46:21 PM »

If I were driving a kart that looked just like the # 0 Sprint Car of Glenn Styres from Ohsweken I would be a bit nervous as it has been doing a lot of flipping lately. flip one,  flip two.

So far the Tillsonburg look-a-likes have been able to keep the rubber side down but the same could not be said of # 9 Kassy Streng/Tillsonburg as she did a beautiful balancing job on her front bumper without actually going over. Several others were up on two wheels as well but all the wings stayed in good shape so no harm done. Kassy Looked to have the Beginners looked after this week as she was on board for a perfect night 1-1-6 when she cut under # 57 Bryson Green/Ingersoll before she was clear and the result put her in the air as everyone held their breath to see if she was going over but the kart fell back down the correct way up but the flat tire took her out of the action which dropped her to 3rd for the night. # 0 Cole Macdonald/Mississauga benefited and with a 2-3-1 won overall for the night for the last time in the Beginners as he moves up to the Juniors. Only a point behind was #55 Scott Hall/Wilsonville who had a good night himself going 3-2-2 the grab 2nd.

Last week I hinted that having #20 DJ McRae starting up front in the Juniors was going to be tough to beat. Going 1-2-2 was enough to land him squarely in first for the night but it was not without challenge. #8 Hannah Ferrell who missed last week was relegated to starting from the rear but was determined to make her presence felt as she managed to work her way up to win the 2nd main but the bold passing manoeuvres caught up with her in the final 30 lap race and she got sent to the rear after tangling with a kart and bringing out the caution. Hannah seems to have some speed that had me questioning the engine she was running but a quick check after the race confirmed that indeed the seals were in tack and it was the same motor that was dynoed legal 2 races previous. #47 Dylan Westbrook/Scotland finished with solid 2nd by putting down a 4-3-1 with #17 Brandon Norris/Brantford in third with 2-5-3. Next week the start order inverts. Will this weeks front 3 be able to get on the podium next week? Time will tell as we line them up to see what they have up their sleeves.

#30 Josh Beecroft took it to the Seniors this week with two wins in the mains and 3rd in the time trials. This week the Seniors ran time trials instead of the 10 lap sprint. Without excess traffic, the time trials show who can get around the track fastest and wouldn't you know, it was last weeks top two. Kate and Bea Courtnage/Harley stomped the field again by taking one-two in the trials. One on slicks and one on treads. different styles but getting the job done. #79  Bea Courtnage had more success coming through the field and was able to take 2nd behind Beecroft with 1-4-4. #37 Scott Kelly who was not able to get as fast a time in qualifying was better at staying near the front with a 6-2-2. The race for 2nd to 4th in the mains was insane as Kelly, Mahoney, Westman and both Courtnages were running so close that surely there was some paint trading going on. This group does not rattle merely from having someone breathing down their backs and it makes for more fun than a barrel of monkeys (am I dating myself or what?)

Finally this week saw the return of # 81 Cassidy March/London with his new Expert Outlaw after missing the Spring Series. Still working out some running issues, Cassidy looks ready to run in this group. To quote Cassidy "I am tired of talking about racing" and is happy to be back in the drivers seat actually racing. Once again the time trials showed why #34 Scott Chesterman/Langton and #1 Holly Porter keep getting on the winners stand as they went 1-2 in trials but # 7 Dave Chesterman/Langton managed to hold on to 2nd in the 10 lap sprint as #34 decided it was better to take 3rd than to crash trying. #1 Porter has been struggling with some engine quitting problems and we found out the last main what was up as the crank seized for the final time. That opened the Door for # 7 and #19 Cody Coburn/Mt Brydges to move up to 2nd and 3rd. Somehow with a 2-1-4 Porter was able to tie for 2nd with # 7. 3-2-2

I will try to get some pictures up of the winners on the website but Friday I am deliverying a Polaris Sportsman ATV to Windsor and then coming back to deliver two more Sportsman's top the Brantford OPP so time is running kind of short. Yes I do have a job besides racing. lOL

Next week I will fill you in on Jamie Westman's medical mission trip to Nicaragua in September. Also next Tuesday I will have more final details on the Ohsweken Display and race July 31st.For now just keep Saturday 31st open for some socializing and spectating. Remember for the World of Outlaws you need  glasses/ goggles and a hat and earplugs if you want to enjoy the races and be able to see with all the dirt flying. Kind of like our Expert class times 10.

Dave Chesterman
Chesterman Power Products
Tillsonburg Indoor MX
www.chesterman.ca
519-842-5977

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11869.msg84943#msg84943
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: July 22, 2010, 09:46:21 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats