Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: FORMULA 1600 QUALIFYING NEWS & NOTES  (Read 862 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
FORMULA 1600 QUALIFYING NEWS & NOTES
« on: May 17, 2014, 02:47:31 PM »

Tristan DeGrand Continues to Set the Pace

25 Cars Will Take the Green Flag for Race 1 of the Super Series

BOWMANVILLE, ON (May 17, 2014) – Tristan DeGrand, of Eureka, MO set the pace today for Race 1 of the F1600 Duals presented by Juniper Networks – round 1 of the Formula 1600 Super Series.

DeGrand posted a best lap of 1:28.765 and will share the front row with teammate Max Hanratty of Hartland, WI in his Juniper Networks sponsored Spectrum Honda. Brampton’s Chase Pelletier was all smiles after putting his Van Diemen Honda in a solid third place starting position.

“I was able to get a really good lap and my teammate is on the front row with me so that’s good. The team did a great job with the car,” said DeGrand. “I am really looking forward to the race later today. There’s a lot of people here, it’s a really good event.”

The “B” Class has a new dominating force as well. Connor Wagland of Dundas, ON spent the entire session at the top of the board and had a best lap of 1:30.517 placing his car in a solid ninth overall, almost two tenths faster than he has ever gone here at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.

Second place is Toronto’s Mike Lee and third spot on the grid will be Amy Castell of Waterloo, ON.

“Qualifying was awesome,” said Connor Wagland. “I had a lot of help from Shane (Jantzi) and Caitlin (Johnston) and I grabbed my best lap ever. I just want to get some good laps in today and see if I can hang with the A group which would be great.”

The first race of the F1600 Duals presented by Juniper Networks will take place today at 5:10pm and run for 30 minutes.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=19194.msg111003#msg111003
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: May 17, 2014, 02:47:31 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats