Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: August 3rd Results  (Read 15016 times)

Offline TonyStewartFan

• Race Fan
Re: August 3rd Results
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 11:36:41 AM »
The fact that Walters car  flat outhandles everyone through the ends. What does his engine have to do with that??   The only thing I see that he did wrong was be within half a track of Connelly........

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49594#msg49594

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 11:36:41 AM »

Offline HackitAuto

• Rookie Driver
  • Yea!
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 11:37:08 AM »
come on people , this was done delibertly there is more to this then just a racing incident . i don't like either one of them ( my reasons) . but i also don't like the respect issue going on here either . she didn't once think about the rest of the field racing and how it could effect them . these guys put there money and soul into these cars each week and she basically said to them screw you guys too i'm doing this for me . tommy could have come back out to race and he probably still would have passed most of the field for a decent finish . which leads me into my next question . when is this car going to be torn apart ? i have seen him way out front week after week . if he has the crate motor in there why hasn't it been inspected to check the cam , rod size etc... but then again we seem to always bend the rules for certain drivers but others get the shaft !

The reason (i think) the car is out front week after week is because of a good handeling race car, a good driver and alot of years of experience. I was still a speck in my dads eye when tom was winning races! And morrow, parsons and many other drivers have one races at sunset this year, it is a close points battle. But then again when your racing the likes of amanda connelly all you need is a chevette and some tires from the scrap bin and you can win the race!  But that just my opinon.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49595#msg49595
Spencer is over rated, J to the r-o-c is where its at. He spins more rymes than a lazy susan! You just can't beat that

Offline Justin91

• Race Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 12:00:52 PM »
hart was faster through the corners than walters, hart would pull away every corner, then tommy would get a good run out of the corner with that crate

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49599#msg49599

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 12:00:52 PM »

Offline duken

• Series Owner
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »
I noticed from Dereck's report the car counts were not great. I would like to think that the races being held on a Sunday might have attracted some other combatants. Too bad it didn't for the folks who payed their admissions.  :-\

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49607#msg49607
" It's not the sentiment of men that create history, it's their actions".

Offline mipro

• Team Owner
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 03:12:08 PM »
come on people , this was done deliberately there is more to this then just a racing incident . i don't like either one of them ( my reasons) . but i also don't like the respect issue going on here either . she didn't once think about the rest of the field racing and how it could effect them . these guys put there money and soul into these cars each week and she basically said to them screw you guys too i'm doing this for me . tommy could have come back out to race and he probably still would have passed most of the field for a decent finish . which leads me into my next question . when is this car going to be torn apart ? i have seen him way out front week after week . if he has the crate motor in there why hasn't it been inspected to check the cam , rod size etc... but then again we seem to always bend the rules for certain drivers but others get the shaft !
Racerrob You are right about Connelly giving tom the shaft.I like the talk coming from the track announcer when he said Connelly had a flat tire and that caused her to run up the track into tom.I can almost guarantee yous that the track announcer was still watching the paint dry on the inside of the announcers booth from the previous weeks show and that he just ablibed something to make it look like he saw what actually happened. She definitely had no flat tire before she deliberately drove up the track and into tom.She got the flat after trying to wreck him.As for his performance week after week,i think its not only his overwhelming dedication to working tirestly hour after hour on his car but he is probably the most experienced and talented driver on the short track scene today.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49637#msg49637

Offline godsunclevic

• Car Owner
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 05:59:05 PM »
hart was faster through the corners than walters, hart would pull away every corner, then tommy would get a good run out of the corner with that crate

Where you drunk or stoned while watching the race on sunday??

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49646#msg49646

Offline Jackman2007

• Team Owner
Re: August 3rd Results >>>Racerrob
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
Your obviously not around as much week after week at different tracks with the #47 . He gets checked out pretty good and I'd make a wager that his motor and all is legal to run . He doesn' t win every race out there , which should possibly tell you something . Some of us have followed him for close to 3 decades and have seen him get very heavily inspected . You've not been in Tommy's garage over the years while he's having his dinner and working on the car . The 47 team is very dedicated to the sport , works hard and is determined to make it out front . Setup and driver are the key factors , so once in awhile you need to really know what your talking about . If you are in fact a racer ( Rob ) maybe you just don't make the front of the pack too often and are jealous . I can only say you need to have Tom teach you how to drive the wheels off of any car and maybe you can win too . As a fan , when you attack Walters , we take it personally ! We attend each week in support and enjoy doing so . I've been a man of speed all of my life , not easy to impress with driving style by no means . I know I haven't been at the short tracks this long for anyone else . Coming on here and pointing fingers at other drivers , when another took out the one your talking about isn't very brilliant . My friends and I love watching Tommy do his thing and many times its the highlight of our week . Just remember #47 = #1   

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49647#msg49647
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 07:26:21 AM by Jackman2007 »

Offline skidder

• Series Owner
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 06:59:39 PM »
come on people , this was done delibertly there is more to this then just a racing incident . i don't like either one of them ( my reasons) . but i also don't like the respect issue going on here either . she didn't once think about the rest of the field racing and how it could effect them . these guys put there money and soul into these cars each week and she basically said to them screw you guys too i'm doing this for me . tommy could have come back out to race and he probably still would have passed most of the field for a decent finish . which leads me into my next question . when is this car going to be torn apart ? i have seen him way out front week after week . if he has the crate motor in there why hasn't it been inspected to check the cam , rod size etc... but then again we seem to always bend the rules for certain drivers but others get the shaft !
Rob  Where has your head been for the last 25 years,for sure where the sun dont shine i am sure. If somebodys been getting the shaft all these years and making the best of it,it has to have been Stompin Tom. Probably the most hated racer around,but on the other hand nobody wants to miss a night that he's racing. I for one am passing up on free tickets to go to michigan this weekend ,just so i don't miss a night of watching Tom race. Its funny how people like yourself come on here and post and the rest of us see right through you. All we see is jealous written in ever word you type.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49651#msg49651

Offline BUD MAN

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2008, 07:58:41 PM »
I was at the race on Sunday and my question is Why did the #16 of Connelly wreck Walters in first place.  I didn't see any reason for it what so every.  Was she mad cause he showed up and was faster then her??? which isn't hard too do.  If that is the case she would had to wreck the whole field.  Can anyone shed some light as to why it even happened

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49658#msg49658
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 08:09:45 PM by BUD MAN »

Offline racerrob

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2008, 08:43:31 PM »
i have been at the race tracks a long time. i know walters can drive and that he can set up the car . i never attacked him personally on here . all i asked was when was the last time his car was torn apart and checked throughly . from the stands if you see him  go to the front and drive away from the pack with ease wouldn't you say he has something a little extra? these cars are suppose to be very close in horsepower it's not all handling .
the original post wasn't written out of jealousy - skidder . i own my car, work on my own car just as much as walters .
now what about that osscar show - it was just like jeff hanley said a endro show . why doesn't peterborough speedway have a push vehicle or more than 1 tow truck ?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49660#msg49660

Offline skidder

• Series Owner
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2008, 08:46:01 PM »
I was at the race on Sunday and my question is Why did the #16 of Connelly wreck Walters in first place.  I didn't see any reason for it what so every.  Was she mad cause he showed up and was faster then her??? which isn't hard too do.  If that is the case she would had to wreck the whole field.  Can anyone shed some light as to why it even happened
I am almost positive it happened because earlier in the feature  Walters made a pass under Jason Witty going into turn 1 which forced Connelly 3 wide as she was already on the outside line. She actually slowed right down after that for the remainder of the race until 2 to go in which case as she was going down the back stretch towards turn 3 she slowed to a snails pace waiting for Walters to make a pass one way or another,Walters actually slowed down also as she was in the middle of the track. As he went by her on the top side ,she accelerated up and in to him hitting him extremely hard causing Walters to go into a complete 360 spin. She then immediately got on the gas and headed to the pits. Never seen a more blatant act of trying to wreck someone on purpose in all my years of going to the races. Hopefully the management does something to cease this kind of behaviour before someone gets seriously hurt. I'm sure JP will handle it appropriately.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49661#msg49661

Offline skidder

• Series Owner
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2008, 08:49:35 PM »
i have been at the race tracks a long time. i know walters can drive and that he can set up the car . i never attacked him personally on here . all i asked was when was the last time his car was torn apart and checked throughly . from the stands if you see him  go to the front and drive away from the pack with ease wouldn't you say he has something a little extra? these cars are suppose to be very close in horsepower it's not all handling .
the original post wasn't written out of jealousy - skidder . i own my car, work on my own car just as much as walters .
now what about that osscar show - it was just like jeff hanley said a endro show . why doesn't peterborough speedway have a push vehicle or more than 1 tow truck ?
Sorry racerrob , still pissed that a blatant act like what connelly did gets away unpunished.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49662#msg49662

Offline nascar329

• Series Owner
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »
Rob  Where has your head been for the last 25 years,for sure where the sun dont shine i am sure. If somebodys been getting the shaft all these years and making the best of it,it has to have been Stompin Tom. Probably the most hated racer around,but on the other hand nobody wants to miss a night that he's racing. I for one am passing up on free tickets to go to michigan this weekend ,just so i don't miss a night of watching Tom race. Its funny how people like yourself come on here and post and the rest of us see right through you. All we see is jealous written in ever word you type.

Eh SKIDDER, you didn't tell me about any FREE tickets to MICH !

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49668#msg49668

Offline BUD MAN

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2008, 10:01:16 PM »
So if I read your post right skidder, she was mad cause she got put three wide and was passed.   Now thats what I call a racer!!!!!  If thats the reason, its pretty sad

racerrob- Which car are you? Short track racing is ALL about corning and driver ability.  As the saying goes good handling race car can make any motor look illegal

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49675#msg49675

Offline skidder

• Series Owner
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2008, 10:09:48 PM »
So if I read your post right skidder, she was mad cause she got put three wide and was passed.   Now thats what I call a racer!!!!!  If thats the reason, its pretty sad

racerrob- Which car are you? Short track racing is ALL about corning and driver ability.  As the saying goes good handling race car can make any motor look illegal
BUD MAN   When she went 3 wide it was in corner 1 up into the gravel as you come off the track.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49679#msg49679

HTML ezBlock

site
stats