Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Phil Potts Shows Speed In Runner-Up Result at Brighton  (Read 591 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Phil Potts Shows Speed In Runner-Up Result at Brighton
« on: June 14, 2017, 01:33:12 PM »
Phil Potts Shows Speed In Runner-Up Result at Brighton;
Ready to Battle World of Outlaws

Phil Potts drives his No.29 Pro Late Model through turn three at Brighton Speedway.
(Photo by Dale Calnan / Image Factor Media).   

BRIGHTON, Ont. – June 14, 2017 – Phil Potts had one of his best performances of the season in a second-place finish during Pro Late Model action on the dirt at Brighton Speedway last Saturday night. Now, the driver of the Vanderlaan Building Products/Brighton Recycling No.29 is set to take on the best dirt Late Model racing has to offer when the World of Outlaws Craftsman® Late Model Series visits his home track on Saturday, June 17.

Last Saturday, Potts earned a second-place finish in his heat after starting fifth. The short eight-lap distance on a fast track did not afford him enough time to track down leader Tyler Rand.

“I was able to move around,” Potts said of his car in the heat race. “Tyler Rand just got out front and was gone before I could get around Greg Belyea and try to catch him. The car was probably the best it has felt this year in a heat race. This Longhorn Chassis is always tight in a heat race. It’s always skating the nose because it has so much forward drive. We’re playing around with some different bar geometry and I’ve found something I like.”

Potts lined-up fifth for the 30-lap main event, but didn’t waste any time charging to the front. A couple of early cautions helped put Potts in prime position to chase Belyea for the point.

“We took off and Belyea led for a while,” Potts said. “I raced with him and then Charlie Sandercock got by us both. Charlie had a straightaway lead on me and I couldn’t run him down. I was a tick tight into the corner. I skated the nose and went over the berm. I did that three times. We’ve done something now to hopefully curb that issue, but the car had lots of forward drive and felt really good.”

Potts’ second-place finish is his third this season and fourth top-five result. Sandercock has now won three straight Feature events at Brighton, defeating Potts in two of them. Amidst rumours his toughest competitor is cheating, Potts was quick to deflate any conspiracy theories.

“Charlie Sanderock is not cheating,” Potts said. “He is fast because he is wide open and his car is like it’s on rails. He’s running wide-open on the berm and you’re not going to catch a guy that’s running wide-open on the berm. I’m trying to debunk all these rumours. I truly believe Charlie is driving for everything that car is worth.”

Potts has not found Victory Lane yet this year, but after the progress he made on the setup of his Longhorn Chassis this week, a car the team has nicknamed ‘Foghorn the Longhorn’, the Fowl Mood Race Team knows they’re on the cusp of a checkered flag.

“I have no fear. We will beat him,” Potts stated emphatically. “We will get a Feature win. I have no doubt that we will be there with him. I’m fully confident in my car and my crew. We’ll be just fine.”

Potts’ focus now turns to battling the World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series when they invade Brighton for the first time in two years on Saturday, June 17. The series brings with it a cast of more than a dozen of the best dirt Super Late Model racers in North America.

“This week is going to be fun,” Potts said. “I’m going to throw whatever at the wall to see if it sticks because I have nothing to lose. I want to go out and run with them and have a good time. This weekend will be as much a test weekend as anything else, but I’m sure looking forward to hanging out with those guys. If you can get in the show, you’re running with the elite guys in dirt Late Model racing.”

Race time is 7:00pm for the World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series Mud Slingin’ 50 presented by Vanderlaan Building Products, Excel Tower Service and Dibbits Excavating. Additional event information and advance reserved tickets are available at www.brightonspeedway.ca.

SEASON STATS
Phil Potts – 5 Starts: 0 Wins, 4 Top-5s, 5 Top-10s

FOWL MOOD MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/FowlMoodRaceTeam
Twitter: @FowlMoodRacing.

The Fowl Mood Race Team’s 2017 season is supported by several dedicated corporate sponsors, including Vanderlaan Building Products, Brighton Recycling, Indewey Excavating, Bay Marine, Orange Motorsports, On Time Body and Graphic, Crow Design, Bill’s Johns, K-D Transmission, Image Factor Media and Clayton Johns Media.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24212.msg116778#msg116778
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Phil Potts Shows Speed In Runner-Up Result at Brighton
« on: June 14, 2017, 01:33:12 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats