Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Barrie night 1... Polish Prince completes hat trick  (Read 3725 times)

Offline blkflagagain

• Fell short of the 20 race mark in 2009.. Quite sad indeed!!!
  • Series Owner
  • Good luck to all in 2012
Barrie night 1... Polish Prince completes hat trick
« on: May 15, 2010, 11:11:20 PM »
Ok time for the 20 min rundown.. I'll start off with the story of the night in the Thunder Car division as CRO's own #12 Jim "Polish Prince" Belesky would score a hat trick in his beautifully prepared Malibu, winning both his heat races as well as the 30 lap main. Belesky would move to the lead after the first several laps side by side with the #9 of Chris Burrage, who went on to finish 2nd. #3 Ken Denhollander ran a solid 3rd the entire race,after an earlier heat win of his own. That trio would open up a 3 or 4 car length advantage by the time the checkered would fall on the hotly contested duel between #24 Robin Jongen (subbing for Leonard Johnston) and #14 Thayne Hallyburton who finished 4th and 5th respectively..

The other Thunder heat went to the 9 of Burrage, and there were 15 cars competing on this evening. Congrats JIMMY on your first ever "hat trick". Really clean race with only one caution for #01 Tim Tremblay who smacked the turn 4 wall just a couple laps in..

In the Late Models, the first of the twin 30 lap features was an excellent race with #8 Dave Lewis capturing the win after a great battle for the latter half of the race with #69 Al Inglis. The pair would briefly touch coming out of 4 on the last lap, allowing #57 Ron Quesnelle to stick a nose inside Inglis and nip him at the line for 2nd. The top 3 would come across the finish line in 3 wide fashion with no more than a foot separating 1st through 3rd. Defending track champ #10 Gord Shepherd and #5 Steve Quesnelle would round out the top 5.

In the 2nd 30, it was Inglis gaining a measure of revenge as he would charge from his 5th place starting spot to notch the win. Inglis would move to the lead on lap 9, with an inside pass of Steve Quesnelle racing out of corner two. This was after Quesnelle would make a brillant inside pass of early race leader #22 Rob Inglis racing into corner 3 just a few laps earlier. Lewis would cap off his earlier feature win with a 2nd place showing in the 2nd feature. Ron Quesnelle would finish 3rd, with brother Steve and the 10 of Shepherd completing the top 5. Only a disappointing 9 Lates in attendance, but the racing was stellar amongst the top 7 cars.

Pure Stocks it was pole sitter #39 Travis Hallyburton capturing his first ever BSW feature win after a intense race long battle with #91 Kyle Lethbridge and #90 Jim MacDonald who would finish 2nd and 3rd respectively. #51 William Davies and #19 Tim Foster would round out the fast five. 11 Pure Stocks in attendance but only 8 would start the feature after a few would encounter troubles of the mechanical variety in earlier heat races.

Heat wins went to Hallyburton and Lethbridge.

Sorry for the shotty report tonight I'm kinda pressed for time before my next job begins, but thought I'd at least get the gist of the results up and comment a bit more on some of the nights events a bit later.. There you have it FROM THE CHEAP SEATS

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11295.msg81153#msg81153
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 11:25:12 PM by blkflagagain »
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Barrie night 1... Polish Prince completes hat trick
« on: May 15, 2010, 11:11:20 PM »

Offline Dixon#27

• Team Owner
#92 Thunder Car- BSW
Teri-Lynne Dixon

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
Re: Barrie night 1... Polish Prince completes hat trick
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 08:12:47 AM »
Good job Davey, nice run down!

My little bro did awesome last night, very proud, considering we busted ass all week til 2 and 3 in the morning, even finishing the paint Saturday morning....

My night was horrible, but what can yah do? Had shock issues all night on the left front and didnt find the problem until 5 mins to feature time... threw in a spring rubber but.had to run what we brung at that point...was great racing with Robin, fantastic driver...had fun learning a different line from him in the feature.....dude can wheel and but wouldnt give me the bottom off 2, but for one lap where I couldnt take advantage.....great job buddy!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11295.msg81172#msg81172

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 08:12:47 AM »

Offline Kahnefreak

• Melson Mafia
  • Series Owner
  • Melson Racing
    • http://www.piczo.com/gpsracing
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 11:19:55 AM »
seems like we all had our issues. We were having battery issues all night long. Still had alot of fun. Don't think I did too bad for my first Thundercar feature finishing 7th. Took awhile to get around Donny, Maybe if there was a late caution I may have had something for another car or 2, all in all it was a decent night. The atmosphere at the track seems to be really good this year.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11295.msg81187#msg81187
"2nd place is just the first loser"

Offline blkflagagain

• Series Owner
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 04:01:52 PM »
You did AWESOME I thought STEEVE-O.. That was quite the battle you and Donny had goin, and same for Thayne and Robin.. Actually there were several newcomers that impressed me.. I will mention a bit more about those folks a bit later on when I wake up more here. All in all the night went smoothly not many major incidents other than Tremblay hitting the turn 4 wall pretty hard and then Geoff Smith catching fire after the Thunder feature was over.. Does anyone know if hes alright?? I would assume so but that was pretty scary there for a moment.

I really thought Darryl St.Onge did an awesome job in his first night as race director.. If its not clear to you drivers make one thing certain: THERE WILL BE NO FAVORTISM for anyone this season, as evidenced by Gordie being sent to the rear of the field once in each feature for aggressive driving

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11295.msg81203#msg81203
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 04:08:40 PM by blkflagagain »
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

Offline zero

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 04:23:32 PM »
As always great job Dave, And how about the PRINCE? was that not the cats behind. Would have liked to have seen more people in the stands but they will come. Was a little disappointed that there was no track photo guy, it would help juice up the web site . If you want them to come you have to build it, had a good night looking forward to next weekend. Great reporting DAVE keep up the good work.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11295.msg81204#msg81204

Offline blkflagagain

• Series Owner
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 05:26:11 PM »
The Prince was a rocket in the former McAdam Sauble Thunder. I had him clocked at a few 15.6's throughout the heat races. I also had the #24 driven by Jongen clocking a few 15.6's. The track seemed to lose some speed as it got cooler during the features. I would of thought the opposite would of occured as I always believed a cooler track produces more grip?? But I noticed pretty much everyone in all classes was running about a tenth slower come feature time.

And thanks for the props on the report ZERO.. Its for decent folk like yourself why I keep doing them,although this one was a bit of a rush job.. Look for bigger and better on the actual Barrie website report..  ;).. Do we know each other buddy?? If not come by the tower and say hello and introduce yourself any old time. ;)

I too was disappointed by the lack of a track photo guy but that being said maybe they have someone that just couldnt make it out week 1. I know Terry Wilson from the Colts was at the track on selected evenings last season after Mikey left taking photos so maybe its him?? Dont know if that would be the case though as Terry is a busy guy following his wife (country singer Kathy Corky around) .. Most definitely this is an issue that needs to be cleared up though. Lets face it some guys dont win frequently and if their lucky enough to get a heat or feature win its just common respect to provide photos to give the drivers a memory of that evening..

Also thought young Mike Woodward did an awesome job his first night in a LM.. He didnt look outta place one bit, and I think he might of kept himself on the lead lap in at least one of those features if not both. He did have one early spin in the first feature and overcooked it in 1&2 early on in the 2nd, but at least he kept her off the wall.. Way to go CHARGER 49!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11295.msg81206#msg81206
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 05:29:52 PM by blkflagagain »

Offline polishprince12

• Series Owner
  • 2010-2011 Track Champion
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 07:34:53 PM »
what a great night! i can't thank my sponsors enough, so i will again ;D rama moccasin, walker logistics, triple sick skin, rival office solutions, the frame shop. big thanks to ridge road racing chassis and setup (gordie and marcus). Last but not least, the man who really knows his stuff, rob hosking at hosking race engines for giving me soooo much for soooo little. Hosspower baby!! Really disappointed that there was no track photographer, its little things like this that matter to us racers and oversights like that don't do the track any favours. lets go barrie and get your stuff together, we can't let this place sink!!!!! good clean racing with chris and he can expect the same respect when the roles are reversed, also it was so fun to race robyn again. class act all the way bud!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11295.msg81214#msg81214

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 08:10:30 PM »
Good Job Jimmy, good clean side by side in the heat there too with yah!

Thanks for coming over n chattin zero...

The crowd wasnt tiny which was good to see as well, but damn man...we need a track photog...my bros first wins and nothing....kinda a bummer

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11295.msg81217#msg81217

Offline zero

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 08:30:47 PM »
Great night of racing boy,s. I was quite impressed with the MAN himself HIS WORSHIP ,( THE POLISH PRINCE ) , the 14 THAYNE HALLYBURTON , # 9 CHRIS BURRAGE, this was first class racing, clean, clean, clean. Looking forward to next weekend, GO BARRIE GO.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11295.msg81219#msg81219

Offline polishprince12

• Series Owner
  • 2010-2011 Track Champion
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 10:16:29 PM »
good racing all around i think. it might just be that mutual respect is on the rebound. should be a great, FUN year! won't that be nice, FUN again?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11295.msg81226#msg81226

Offline Kahnefreak

• Melson Mafia
  • Series Owner
  • Melson Racing
    • http://www.piczo.com/gpsracing
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 02:01:11 AM »
thanks Davey for the props on my first night. I did my best. The car kinda lacks the power coming off the corner, but she rolls through the center so well. I want the 2101 intake so bad, but we need some sponsorship dollars for that.

I too think that Darryl and all the other race officials did an awesome job for opening night and if it stays consistant then the car counts and crowds will improve every week.

I didn't even know that was Robin in the #24 car I woulda drove the car harder in the first heat cause I was catchin him right near the end..lol.. Look forward to the coming weeks everybody did a great job

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11295.msg81240#msg81240
"2nd place is just the first loser"

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner

Offline blkflagagain

• Series Owner
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »
Really cool vid Thayne!!! Damn Burrage and Kenny weren't lettin the Prince get away were they?? I noticed once just shy of midway Jimmy drifted high out of 2 and Chris was runnin the outside and Kenny really could of filled the hole to the inside of them but didnt force the issue to tear up 3 race cars on opening night.. That being said, turn 3 is the fastest one on the racetrack I'm not so sure others wouldnt of tried to dive it in their exiting 2. Was a great clean race anyways

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11295.msg81368#msg81368

Offline #9Chris

• Series Owner
  • CHIL Racing
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 08:15:36 PM »
It was a great race. I was hoping Jim would touch the wall coming out of 2 I might have been able to get under him but he did one hell of a job. I think I got to his bumper once but lap traffic was coming really had no time to make a move. Cool video Thayne

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11295.msg81369#msg81369
boogity boogity boogity lets go racing boys
Former Driver of the number #9 Thunder Car

HTML ezBlock

site
stats