Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: DEMAN CLAIMS 5TH WIN WITH LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS  (Read 1040 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
DEMAN CLAIMS 5TH WIN WITH LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS
« on: August 17, 2015, 09:28:38 AM »

For Immediate Release
Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets
Sunset International Speedway, Innisfil, ON
August 16, 2015
by Cindy Lorenz

Photos by Paul Husby
1.  Winner Mack DeMan
2.  Top Three Drivers..Brandon Zavarella 3rd, Winner Mack DeMan, Tyler Turnbull 2nd.

Mack DeMan was in Victory Lane for the 5th time in 2015 as the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets visited Sunset Speedway Saturday night. Starting 3rd in the 25 lap Feature event, DeMan took the lead after a 6 lap fight with Tyler Turnbull for the point. With only one caution flag in the remaining laps, DeMan's TQ #40 cruised to the win. Accepting the trophy in front of a large crowd DeMan said "First I want to thank all the fans here tonight, I love running these TQ's, I never want to give it up! Next I want to thank car owner Andy Mackereth and my Dad for all their hard work in the shop to give me this fast race car. And finally I want to thank Lucas Oil, our sponsor for the past 10 years, it means so much to have you on board."

Turnbull took the pole with Todd Cresswell on the outside for the start. DeMan was inside with Brandon Zavarella on his right for the green. As the green flag waved Cresswell immediately experienced problems and fell to fourth. One lap later he pulled off with a seized up right front wheel bearing and was out for the night.
Turnbull was very strong on this very hot august night as DeMan had Zavarella on his tail. Rob Neely was fourth and Adrian Stahle, winner of the last 3 races, was in the top five. With 6 laps in DeMan ran side by side with Turnbull, taking the lead coming off turn three. Zavarella remained with the leaders as Neely and Stahle fought for position.

By the halfway point DeMan had a sizable lead over Turnbull as Zavarella, Neely and Stahle ran in a pack. The first and only caution came out for a spin by Dylon Smith in turn two. As the field went back to green DeMan shot to the front with Turnbull and Zavarella side by side. Neely remained in fourth as Corey Moesker took over 5th place from Stahle.  DeMan continued his lead as Turnbull was running one of his best races this season. Zavarella, in his sophomore year with the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets, was strong and determined. Neely and Moesker battled cleanly for position.

As the final laps ran off DeMan had a ten car lead over Turnbull followed by Zavarella, Neely and Moesker. DeMan took the checkered flag as Turnbull finished second, Zavarella third in his first podium finish, with Neely and Moesker finishing in the top five.
Of Note: Turnbull started last in his heat race and finished 2nd to put him on the pole for the 'A' Main. Rookie Steve Murdock started the feature race 15th and finished 8th, another good run for this young driver.
Heats were won by Cresswell and DeMan. The 'B' Main was won by Darren McLennan.

The next race for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets will be on September 5th at Sauble Speedway. With four races remaining in the 2015 schedule for the 50th Anniversary year, DeMan has a good lead in points and the 2nd thru 6th places are very close. The final race for the Championship will be at Sunset Speedway for their 'Velocity' weekend at the end of September. Besides the September 5th race at Sauble Speedway, the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets will be at Full Throttle Speedway in Varney on September 12th, Flamboro Speedway on September 19th and the finale at Sunset Speedway on September 26th. Catch Some Action!

Final finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Sunset Speedway on August 15th are...1. MACK DEMAN, 2. Tyler Turnbull, 3. Brandon Zavarella, 4. Rob Neely, 5. Corey Moesker, 6. Ryan Fraser, 7. Adrian Stahle, 8. Steve Murdock (R), 9. Darren McLennan, 10. Barry Dunn, 11. Craig Pitchell (R), 12. James Marche (R), 13. Dylon Smith, 14. Darren Dryden (R), 15. Ryan Susice (R), 16, Todd Cresswell. DNS..Johnny Dryden (R).

Top Ten in Driver Points for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets as of August 15th are...1.MACK DEMAN...1712, 2. Ryan Fraser...1588, 3. Rob Neely...1544, 4. Darren McLennan...1531, 5. Brandon Zavarella...1519, 6. Tyler Turnbull...1466,  7. Barry Dunn...1363, 8. Todd Cresswell...1357, 9. Adrian Stahle...1297, 10. James Marche (R)...1281.

For more information on the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets, contact Cindy Lorenz at clorenz74@yahoo.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=21750.msg114254#msg114254
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: August 17, 2015, 09:28:38 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats