Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: CRESSWELL GETS WIN, STAHLE GETS 'HAT TRICK'  (Read 1347 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
CRESSWELL GETS WIN, STAHLE GETS 'HAT TRICK'
« on: August 11, 2015, 07:04:27 AM »

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets held their final 'Special Twin 25's' for the fans at Flamboro Speedway on Saturday night celebrating their 50th Anniversary Year. Todd Cresswell lead all 25 laps for the first 'A' Main Feature win and Adrian Stahle took home his third win in a row capturing the second 25 lap 'A' Main feature.

Cresswell, celebrating in Victory Lane, wanted to thank his Dad first and foremost. "I couldn't do what I do without my father by my side. His help and support is immeasurable. I want to thank our series sponsor, Lucas Oil, for being on board to give us the recognition in the motorsports community plus their great products. Hoosier Tires and Bicknell Racing, always there behind us, John at Flamboro Machine Shop, one of the great racing supporters in the area, always there to help. Also, our Club Officials for their numerous thankless hours they put into this Club, Thank You," said Cresswell. 

Stahle, in accepting his third trophy in three weeks, had a big smile with his dad, Wayne, by his side. "My Mom must be smiling right now, she always told me I could do it," said Stahle.  "But, three in a row, I could never imagine that. I want to thank my sponsors Can-Am Fabrication, Bell Cartage, and LARCA Custom Machining and of course Lucas Oil. There is also one special person I want to thank for his help and support every week, Paul Husby, this one's for you Paul."

The first feature of the night lined up with Tyler Turnbull on the pole and Cresswell on the outside. The caution came out at the initial start as Craig Pitchell and Darren Dryden made contact. As the field regrouped for the green flag Cresswell and Turnbull ran side by side with Cresswell taking the lead out of turn one. Rob Neely was third followed by Lucas Smith and Mack DeMan. Smith motored by Neely for third as Stahle moved into the top five. Cresswell increased his lead over the field as Turnbull and Smith battled for position. Stahle had moved up to Neely but a very strong run by Darren McLennan had him also in the picture. Neely broke free as Stahle and McLennan ran side by side exchanging positions each lap. With 7 laps in the caution flew as Dave Hickson brushed the wall on the frontstraight. Hickson was out for the night. As the field went back to green Cresswell wasted no time at the front. Turnbull, Smith, Neely and Stahle were in a tight pack. McLennan closed the gap on Stahle and took over 5th place. Ryan Fraser caught up with Stahle and these closely matched cars fought for position.

Cresswell stretched his lead over the field with Turnbull still in second followed by Smith. Neely could feel the pressure of McLennan at his rear. Fraser passed Stahle to set his sites into the top five. With 5 laps to go Cresswell remained at the point as Turnbull, Smith and Neely ran as a group. Fraser sized up McLennan and made his move taking a position in the top five. The final laps ran down and Cresswell took the checkered flag followed by Turnbull, Smith, Neely and Fraser.

Final Finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets' 1st 25 lap 'A' Feature at Flamboro Speedway was...1. TODD CRESSWELL, 2. Tyler Turnbull, 3. Lucas Smith, 4. Rob Neely, 5. Ryan Fraser, 6. Darren McLennan, 7. Adrian Stahle, 8. Barry Dunn, 9. Brandon Zavarella, 10. James Marche (R), 11. Steve Murdock (R), 12. Dylon Smith, 13. Craig Pitchell (R), 14. Mack DeMan, 15. Dave Hickson, 16. Darren Dryden (R). DNS...#62, Tom Arsenault (R).

STAHLE MAKES IT 'THREE IN A ROW'

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets lined for their 2nd 25 lap feature race after a draw for the amount of cars to be inverted from the first 25 lap feature. The number was 9 and that put Brandon Zavarella on the pole with Barry Dunn alongside for the start. They battled side by side going into turn one and Dunn came out with the lead out of turn two. Adrian Stahle, starting third grabbed the spot from Zavarella on the next lap. Darren McLennan was fourth followed by Ryan Fraser. McLennan passed Zavarella for third as Dunn held the point with Stahle close behind. Ryan Fraser rounded the top five.

The caution flag came out as Tyler Turnbull, Todd Cresswell and Steve Murdock came together in turn 2. Cresswell went into the pits for repairs but would be out for the night. As the field again went to green Stahle took the lead from Dunn. Mack DeMan, making his moves on the topside was now running third. As the field got into turn four cars made contact and Dunn, DeMan and Dylon Smith spun with Lucas Smith, Rob Neely and Craig Pitchell spinning or stopping to avoid the wreck. Dylon Smith was taken off the track by a tow truck as DeMan also went into the pits.

As the green was shown, Stahle took command followed by McLennan and Fraser. The next lap had Lucas Smith and Fraser make contact with Fraser spinning in turn two. Both went to the rear of the field for the restart. At the restart Fraser brushed the wall and a caution was thrown. Murdock pulled off the track and DeMan returned to the field 2 laps down.
Stahle remained at the point with McLennan in second place and Neely in third. Rookie James Marche, driving an outstanding race was now in fourth from his 10th place start. Turnbull held the 5th spot. Two laps later DeMan pulled into the infield and was out of the race.

With less than ten laps to go Stahle held a strong lead with McLennan and Neely in pursuit. Marche ran a strong fourth as Zavarella passed Turnbull for the 5th position. As his 3rd Victory looked in site, Stahle kept a quick pace, holding off McLennan, Neely, March and Zavarella. Checkered flags flew for Stahle with McLennan, Neely, Marche, and Zavarella remaining in the top five.

Heats were won by Lucas Smith and Mack DeMan. The 'B' Main was won by Stahle.

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets head back north to Sunset Speedway on Saturday, August 15th.

Final Finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets ' 2nd 25 lap 'A' Feature at Flamboro Speedway was...1. ADRIAN STAHLE, 2. Darren McLennan, 3. Rob Neely, 4. James Marche (R), 5. Brandon Zavarella, 6. Tyler Turnbull, 7. Barry Dunn, 8. Craig Pitchell (R), 9. Ryan Fraser, 10. Steve Murdock (R), 11. Mack DeMan, 12. Dylon Smith, 13. Todd Cresswell, 14. Darren Dryden (R). DQ'd...Lucas Smith

Top Ten in Drivers Points for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets as of August 8, 2015 are...1. MACK DEMAN...1532, 2. Ryan Fraser...1446, 3. Darren McLennan...1411, 4. Rob Neely...1394, 5. Brandon Zavarella...1361, 6. Tyler Turnbull...1299, 7. Todd Cresswell...1256, 8. Barry Dunn...1243, 9. James Marche (R)...1174, 10. Adrian Stahle...1165.

For more information on the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets contact Cindy Lorenz at clorenz74@yahoo.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=21710.msg114214#msg114214
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: August 11, 2015, 07:04:27 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats