Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: CRESSWELL WINS RACE, DEMAN TAKES HOME 3RD CHAMPIONSHIP  (Read 1357 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
CRESSWELL WINS RACE, DEMAN TAKES HOME 3RD CHAMPIONSHIP
« on: September 28, 2015, 07:16:23 AM »

IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS
SUNSET SPEEDWAY, INNISFIL, ON
SEPTEMBER 27, 2015
by Cindy Lorenz

Todd Cresswell won the feature event with the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Sunset Speedway's 'Fall Velocity Weekend' as Mack DeMan became the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midget Champion for the third consecutive year on Saturday night. Coming into this final race for the 2015 season DeMan had a 126 point lead over 2nd place driver Ryan Fraser. With 6 wins including 4 in a row early in the season DeMan sent the other competitors a message to step up their game and they did. Adrian Stahle won 4 races including 3 in a row and Fraser won 3 races including 'opening-day' in May. Never letting up, DeMan remained the 'Class of the Field' and took home the very prestigious 50th Anniversary Championship Trophy. Thanking car owner Andy Mackereth, DeMan said "It is an honor to drive for this team. Everyone works so hard to get us ready week after week. I can't believe we won three in a row! Thanks to my Dad and Mom and to all these great fans here tonight. I love racing at Sunset Speedway and being a part of this awesome 'Velocity Show'. I also want to thank Lucas Oil for the support of not only my team but this Club as well. I am really looking forward to 2016."

Cresswell, winner of the 25 lap feature race, had a stellar night, leading 24 of the 25 laps. Taking the lead from Andy Mackereth on lap 2, Cresswell never looked back. Accepting his large trophy in Victory Lane Cresswell also received the 'Harry Macy Memorial' trophy, a yearly award to the winner on the last race in honor of one of the original founding members of the Can-Am Midget Racing Club in 1965.
Taking his 2nd win of the season Cresswell thanked his Dad for all his hard work preparing the car every week. "The efforts of my Dad are like the other father/son teams in this Club, always doing anything they can to provide us with a safe competitive car. I want to thank the Club Officials for all they do for us on and off the track to ensure our safety...thank you," said Cresswell.

Steve Murdock took the green from his pole position for the start of the race with Mackereth on the outside. Mackereth took the lead followed by Cresswell and Darren McLennan as Murdock began to fade. Cresswell took over the point followed by Mackereth, McLennan and DeMan was now in fourth place. Darren Dryden rounded out the top five. One lap later Mackereth spun in turn 4 bringing out the first caution. At the restart Cresswell shot out to the lead with McLennan in hot pursuit. DeMan battled with team car Dryden and Rob Neely was in the top five. Cresswell's lead began to open up over McLennan with DeMan right on his tail. Dryden, in his rookie year with the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets was having his best run of the season. Neely continued his strong run in 5th place. At the half way point the field remained in position with Cresswell extending his lead over McLennan. DeMan was making up ground to catch McLennan. The caution came out as Murdock spun in turn 2 allowing the field to regroup for the restart. Cresswell again wasted no time taking the lead with McLennan, DeMan, Dryden and Neely remaining in place. Rookie James Marche was now knocking on the door of Neely having come through the field from his 10th place starting spot. Marche has continued to improve race after race this season and will be a tough competitor in 2016.

As the final laps quickly ran off Cresswell had a strong lead and began to lap the field. McLennan held off DeMan and Dryden as Neely ran side by side with Marche. Checkered flags waved for Cresswell with McLennan, DeMan, Dryden and Neely in the top five. Heats were won by Mackereth and Dryden and the 'B' Main was won by Brandon Zavarella.

Final Finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Sunset Speedway on September 26th is...1. TODD CRESSWELL, 2. Darren McLennan, 3. Mack DeMan, 4. Darren Dryden, 5. Rob Neely, 6. James Marche, 7. Adrian Stahle, 8. Corey Moesker, 9. Ryan Fraser, 10. Brandon Zavarella, 11. Craig Pitchell, 12. Steve Murdock, 13. Chris Bauman, 14. Brian Pescetti, 15. Andy Mackereth, 16. Barry Dunn.

The Final Top Ten in Driver Points for the 2015 Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets are...1. MACK DEMAN...2189, 2. Darren McLennan...2031, 3. Ryan Fraser...2015, 4. Rob Neely...2010, 5. Brandon Zavarella...1884, 6. Adrian Stahle...1749, 7. Barry Dunn...1734, 8. Tyler Turnbull...1659, 9. James Marche (Rookie of The Year)...1656, 10. Todd Cresswell...1648.

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets now turn their attention to celebrating at their 50th Annual Awards Banquet on Saturday, November 21st at the Best Western Cairn Croft in Niagara Falls, ON.

For more information on the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets, contact Cindy Lorenz at clorenz74@yahoo.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22017.msg114544#msg114544
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: September 28, 2015, 07:16:23 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats