Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: CAYUGA SPEEDWAY PARK NEWS AND NOTES  (Read 10926 times)

Offline HUTTERPOWER

• Rookie Driver
Re: CAYUGA SPEEDWAY PARK NEWS AND NOTES
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 10:31:35 AM »
Pinecrest have you looked in the mirror lately?  Your info and the whining you do is brutal.  You have never said one good word at all. 

I could careless if my sources are right or wrong.  I know who they are, I trust them.  If they give me wrong info its because things get changed. 

Your insults make me laugh.  Please keep them going.  If there are 23-24 cars there today I guess my info was right.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25094#msg25094

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 10:31:35 AM »

Offline HUTTERPOWER

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 11:26:43 AM »
23 cars at Cayuga today.  Enjoy the race Pinecrest.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25095#msg25095

Offline LM18Fan

• Pit Crew
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 05:56:52 PM »
NASCAR's Canadian Tire Series debut's tonight: The much anticipated inaugural race of the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series is scheduled for Saturday, May 26 at Cayuga Speedway Park with upwards of 30 cars expected to be on hand for a chance to win this historic race. The 5/8-mile oval of Cayuga Speedway Park near Hagersville, Ontario has the honor of hosting the first NASCAR Canadian Tire Series event. While the Dodge Dealers 200 is the first race for the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series, it is not the first NASCAR-sanctioned event in Canada. In fact, NASCAR’s premier series, known today as the Nextel Cup Series, has held two events in Canada. The first was July 1, 1952 in Stamford Park in Niagara Falls, Ontario which was won by Buddy Shuman in a Hudson Hornet. The second was held at Canadian National Exposition Speedway in Toronto. Lee Petty won the event. Also in this race, a young man by the name of Richard Petty made his debut in NASCAR’s premier series.(nascarlocalracing.com)(5-26-2007)

The above is from Jayski's site.  Upwards of 30 cars?  Guess they count the pace car and Tow Trucks in that.

Don't brag about 23 cars....its not even a full Sat nite show and a typical oldschool night at Cayuga would have started 30-33 would it not?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25103#msg25103

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 05:56:52 PM »

Offline rusty2

• Pit Crew
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 04:23:40 PM »
hey I`m not a cascar / nascar lover but the quality of racing I seen at cayuga was second to none!! there may have been only 23 cars,but they were all quality cars!! the other 10 or 15 cars that we used to have were pretty much back markers anyway!! I haven`t seen side by side racing for the lead in a long time!! thompson and beauchamp put on a heck of a show on the restarts, and then throw in the mick`s and dilley feud it made for a great race! By the way, I paid $25 to camp there with water and hydro and also got a free concert after the race,not to mention a campsite big enough to play baseball with my son,try finding a better bargain then that!! I`m thinking cayuga might be back on the map!!!!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25285#msg25285

Offline 3way

• Pit Crew
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 08:52:50 PM »
as a senior I paid 35.00 so I cant complain. I enjoyed the racing and am looking forward to the future,maybe the nay sayers should look farther down the road than down their noses.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25290#msg25290

Offline Pinecrest

• King of Canadian Racing Online
  • Series Owner
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 09:17:45 PM »
as a senior I paid 35.00 so I cant complain. I enjoyed the racing and am looking forward to the future,maybe the nay sayers should look farther down the road than down their noses.

Your entitled to your opinion 3way but do you really think the admission to a facility like Cayuga for a race with 23 cars should be $ 7.50  more then it was for a Craftsmen Truck Series at a beautiful facility like Mansfield a few hours down the road on the same day ?

As far as looking down the road I would say the NCTS  should build up the series first by getting a full field of cars and better facilities before they start charging historically high prices not vice versa.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25293#msg25293
The opinions expressed here are mine and not necessarily those of CRO or its other members , but should be .

Offline MID

• Nascar / OSS Team Owner
  • Series Owner
    • http://nil
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 09:32:32 PM »
Cayuga Speedway Park is back and better then ever, or at least better then it has been since the day's of Bob Slack. They put on a great show- the grounds where spotless- the staff was freindly, and the place had a great crowd. Hats off to the crew at Cayuga and we look forward to coming back, and so should you fans.
JUNE 16th- 100Lap OSS Race (Ontario Sportsman Series)
100 laps of GREEN FLAG RACING !!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25295#msg25295

Offline SRAMA

• Series Owner
    • http://
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007, 09:55:18 PM »
This is the NASCAR Canadian Tire news and results section .............. so by looking on the Cayuga website and reading the lap leader section I found out that Ron beauchamp was running much better than his 11 place finish .......... so who took him out???

SRAMA

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25297#msg25297

Offline Pinecrest

• King of Canadian Racing Online
  • Series Owner
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2007, 10:57:59 PM »
Cayuga Speedway Park is back and better then ever, or at least better then it has been since the day's of Bob Slack. They put on a great show- the grounds where spotless- the staff was freindly, and the place had a great crowd. Hats off to the crew at Cayuga and we look forward to coming back, and so should you fans.
JUNE 16th- 100Lap OSS Race (Ontario Sportsman Series)
100 laps of GREEN FLAG RACING !!

Mid something is just not right here I have heard from several people including Evan on his radio show that Cayuga is still pretty run down and shabby so which is it ?

As far as the OSS race on the 16th I already have plans to go to the ASA race at Berlin Speedway (Johnny Bensons place) for the Tradition 200 .The grandstand is $18 bucks Canadian money at par with 1 dollar Miller beer all weekend . Camping is 25 bucks with flush toilets and showers . They had over 40 entries from 11 states at their last race and started 32 very competitive cars .

How would you say the OSS show stacks up against that deal ?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25301#msg25301
The opinions expressed here are mine and not necessarily those of CRO or its other members , but should be .

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »
Why is it that people keep blaming NASCAR for the price at Cayuga when it has been pointed out in almost every post that it was Cayuga themselves which set the price.  So check the other tracks and see the price they are charging then if its the same go an complain but until then hold the comments.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25306#msg25306

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 04:11:49 AM »
OK may be I should say something.

The racing has nothing to do with the ticket price or NASCAR? The track sets the price of the ticket for the event and Cayuga felt they should charge 35 and 45 at the gate for the tickets.

It has nothing to do with the racing yes there was way too many cautions but there was also some good side by side racing and battles for the lead and there should have been more give and take but there wasn't over all the race was good.

Cayuga wasn't what I was expecting to see after hearing and see what it was suppose to be like for this race. I hadn't followed the progress of Cayuga since I went to a press conference last year when they told and showed us what the new Cayuga was going to be and I said well 45.00 is not bad thinking they had did something to the track and from what I can see it was the same as the last time I was there no changes from what I could see.

Barrie is also charging 40.00 for the NCATS race so are we going to have this talk about this track as well? Lets make it plain and simple you pay the 40.00 or 45.00 and you see some racing or you don't pay the 40.00 or 45.00 and don't see racing it is up too you. I'm not going to say you are not a true race fan because you choose not to pay the ticket to see the event.

Gas prices also play a big part in this as you have to add another 30.00 to 60.00 to the trip price.

Just because you don't go to a race doesn't mean you don't support the series as you can watch it on TV and follow the series and buy sponsors products and support your drivers and teams.

The bitching and fighting has to stop as this is getting way out of hand and this is only the first race of the season. Come on the internet video/audio/text chat live show on Sunday @ 7pm est and voice your views.

Making personal attacks against other member is just not right and it can't continue. Making you point is fine but keep on attacking each other is not.

Pick one race you want to go to and watch the rest on TV if the price is a issue and there is nothing wrong with that as we don't know each others money situations. If you choose to watch them all on TV that is also fine. Lets just watch some racing and hope this grows into something big that is all we can do at this point.

One note: The track was the same but I was treated much better then the last time I was there. Thanks Tim
I would have love to had some working internet there to broadcast some of the race live over the web but oh well that is my problem as I need not to rely on the track to have things working for me to do what I want to do.

I need to get a couple of things for the next race and I'm not sure I will be able to do this as it does cost a bit for live modem cards to broadcast but I will see what I can do.

I have some video of the race I captured with my web came not sure it is worth even putting it up online as all you see is cars going by the start finish line.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25309#msg25309
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

Offline MID

• Nascar / OSS Team Owner
  • Series Owner
    • http://nil
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 07:47:36 AM »
JUST A COUPLE OF NOTES.
1st- Pinecrest- I consider Cayuga Speedway Park to be in great shape, compared to what it was a couple of years ago, and yes I would consider it to being in the top 5 for race tracks in Canada.
You have been following racing long enough to know that when a new owner takes over a run down facility it takes allot of time and money to get it back in shape, and that is exactly what the new owners are doing. If some radio host bashes the race track, condider it to not worth hearing about. the place is coming along great.
As for your comments on the upcoming OSS race at Cayuga, I have no idea what the ticket prices will be, but I will say this- they have camping with utilities, they have real beer and sell it at the same price you would pay for it in a bar, and as for the car count- it may be a little smaller but that is due to the fact that fans like you that will drive to Michigan(and I hope you added your travel expences into your weekend budget) and by doing so support the ASA over your very own racing events right here in your back yard. By the way- you can buy Miller Beer anywhere in the states for $1.00, and belive it or not most Americans from Michigan will pay doulbe for a Molson Canadian.
You dont drive a foreign import do you??

2nd-Canadian Rcaing Online- Most of your points are right except for the fact that the sanctioning body, in this case NASCAR, does set the ticket price. Although they do not make the call on the price of a ticket, they do charge the race track for the show, thus the ticket price is set, which inturn pays the purse, pays for the utilities, paysfor the staff, and finally what ever is left is what goes in the tracks  poket. The price of a ticket is also based on the expectation of the fan count.
Sure you can buy a ticket for $25.00 to watch a Cup race at Pocono (and if you have ever been there it is the worst race track to watch a race from unless you have a telescope to see the cars on the back strightaway), but take the fan count into consideration. You are talking tens of thousands who buy a ticket.
Now take Cayuga for instance, they need to charge $45.00 per ticket because the fan count at best is going to be a couple of thousand based on the fan count.
I will gaurentee that if every fan bought a ticket in advance, and took up every seat in the house the Cayuga owners would drop the price down to a price sopmewhere along the lines of $25.00 per ticket.

You should start a poll on who would prepay for a race ticket based on the savings of advance ticket sales. If your poll shows a huge amount then forward it onto the Cayuga owners and lets see what they come back with.

People always complain about the price of something. Gas is to high, but we buy it anyway. The price of a Big Mac has gone up 200% from when it was first sold but we still buy them, your car insurance has more then likely doulbed over the last 15 years, but again- we still buy it.
The cost of race tickets have always been a fans passion for crying the blues.
If you think the cost of a ticket is high, try building a race car today for waht we used to pay to build them 15 years ago. NOW THAT'S INFLATION !!     

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25311#msg25311

Offline Greasemonkey

• Series Owner
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 12:56:18 PM »
I would have to agree with Dave (midamerica). there have been some improvements, there was actually grass in the camping area, water, hydro, and the bathrooms were in better shape (racewoman's pet peeve, she would have been happy).

The staff were very friendly indeed, registration went smoother than I expected for sure. The NASCAR officials pretty much bent over backwards to help teams get on the track instead of on the trailer!

I am going out on a limb here and predict that there are some teams adopting a wait and see attitude and will show up later in the season, Mosport or Barrie. I know that everyone expected that it would be a wreckfest, I mean hey, history was made that day and everyone wanted to win that race. I'm sure that some teams were behind in building or just didn't want to tear up their stuff.

I saw some cars up front that last year would have been mid pack, a lot of teams have stepped it up.

I was impressed with just about everything except the wrecks, hate fixing them, we were lucky and don't have much to fix.

See you all at Mosport!!!

Greasemonkey.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25323#msg25323

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2007, 02:00:05 PM »
See and these are things I never saw as I never used the Bathrooms and never been in the Camping Area.

I would have to agree with Dave (midamerica). there have been some improvements, there was actually grass in the camping area, water, hydro, and the bathrooms were in better shape.
See you all at Mosport!!!

Greasemonkey.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25331#msg25331
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

Offline hellothere

• Series Owner
  • my friend is rich
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2007, 02:21:12 PM »
OK may be I should say something.

The racing has nothing to do with the ticket price or NASCAR? The track sets the price of the ticket for the event and Cayuga felt they should charge 35 and 45 at the gate for the tickets.

It has nothing to do with the racing yes there was way too many cautions but there was also some good side by side racing and battles for the lead and there should have been more give and take but there wasn't over all the race was good.

Cayuga wasn't what I was expecting to see after hearing and see what it was suppose to be like for this race. I hadn't followed the progress of Cayuga since I went to a press conference last year when they told and showed us what the new Cayuga was going to be and I said well 45.00 is not bad thinking they had did something to the track and from what I can see it was the same as the last time I was there no changes from what I could see.

Barrie is also charging 40.00 for the NCATS race so are we going to have this talk about this track as well? Lets make it plain and simple you pay the 40.00 or 45.00 and you see some racing or you don't pay the 40.00 or 45.00 and don't see racing it is up too you. I'm not going to say you are not a true race fan because you choose not to pay the ticket to see the event.

Gas prices also play a big part in this as you have to add another 30.00 to 60.00 to the trip price.

Just because you don't go to a race doesn't mean you don't support the series as you can watch it on TV and follow the series and buy sponsors products and support your drivers and teams.

The bitching and fighting has to stop as this is getting way out of hand and this is only the first race of the season. Come on the internet video/audio/text chat live show on Sunday @ 7pm est and voice your views.

Making personal attacks against other member is just not right and it can't continue. Making you point is fine but keep on attacking each other is not.

Pick one race you want to go to and watch the rest on TV if the price is a issue and there is nothing wrong with that as we don't know each others money situations. If you choose to watch them all on TV that is also fine. Lets just watch some racing and hope this grows into something big that is all we can do at this point.

One note: The track was the same but I was treated much better then the last time I was there. Thanks Tim
I would have love to had some working internet there to broadcast some of the race live over the web but oh well that is my problem as I need not to rely on the track to have things working for me to do what I want to do.

I need to get a couple of things for the next race and I'm not sure I will be able to do this as it does cost a bit for live modem cards to broadcast but I will see what I can do.

I have some video of the race I captured with my web came not sure it is worth even putting it up online as all you see is cars going by the start finish line.

Hi i think your name is Evan just wanted to correct your info re Barrie Speedways price at the gate is $30.00 and that has been confirmed. That is for the Canadian Tire Nascar series..Thanks for doing a good job on this site..

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6063.msg25333#msg25333
even his accountant thinks my friend is rich

HTML ezBlock

site
stats