Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Wally Wilson To Run Both OSCAAR Midget Divisions in 2016  (Read 1156 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Wally Wilson To Run Both OSCAAR Midget Divisions in 2016
« on: February 27, 2016, 12:41:31 PM »

Wally Wilson Racing is proud to announce that Wally Wilson will be competing in both the OSCAAR Midget and OSCAAR Pro Midget divisions in 2016.

“My thoughts going into this season is to get as much seat time, experience and laps as possible,” Wilson said. “It’s definitely going to be challenging going from one car to the next on many weekends. But I believe with this kind of challenge it will be a lot more fun. I’m excited to run with some of the best midget drivers in Ontario, in both the Midgets and Pro Midgets where many drivers and cars are coming from dirt and moving up from the Hurricanes.”

Wilson admits that the decision to run both series will be a challenge, especially on weekends when both series are in action and he has to hop from one midget into the other.

“I think that around the halfway point of the season I’ll be able to bounce between series with ease,” he added.

Racing in the OSCAAR Midget division last season, Wilson scored three straight top-15 finishes, highlighted by an 11th place finish at Grand Bend Speedway, en route to finishing 17th in points. Notably, he was quick out of the box, scoring an 11th place finish in his first trip to Sunset Speedway.

“My thoughts on last year looking back are that everyone was very helpful and wanted to help if you had a problem or were struggling one weekend,” he said. “It was great to see! The races were full of incredible close driving. Lots of guys had their fair share of bad luck and bad crashes; hopefully the luck turns around for everybody this year!”

Now going into the new season, Wilson looks to take everything that he learned last year and be even stronger this season.

“My expectations for the OSCAAR Midgets is to be a top five car week in and week out, hopefully be in the hunt for the Championship, especially with the OSCAAR Race For the Cup,” Wilson commented. “I think it’s going to be one of the most exciting championship battles in any series!”

On the flip side, this year marks the inaugural season for the OSCAAR Pro Midget division. The cars may look the same on the outside, but there are differences between them that will be noticeable behind the wheel.

“Some differences between the series would be that on the pro midgets, there is suspension making for a much smoother ride, where the midgets have no suspension, resulting in many of the cars to have a little bit of a hop in the corners,” Wilson explained. “In the pro midgets you have the option of a modified 440cc snowmobile engine, or a 550cc crate snowmobile engine. Where the midgets can only run 440cc.”

Going into the year, Wilson says he expects to run in the top-five there, as well.

“This is the year to help promote the series to the fans, fellow drivers as well as sponsors,” he said. “I’m beyond excited to be a part of the inaugural season!”

Thus far, Wilson and team have confirmed marketing support from The Fyre Place & Patio Shop (Owen Sound), D&M Small Engine Repair (Owen Sound) and Laps For Muscular Dystrophy. The team is still searching for other marketing partners for the season so do not hesitate to get in touch.

Keep up with Wally Wilson all season long by liking his facebook page athttps://www.facebook.com/Wally-Wilson-Racing-443805665798939/?fref=ts, while following on twitter at https://twitter.com/WallyWilson69.

Press Release by Ashley McCubbin/AM Marketing – ashleymccubbin17@gmail.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22293.msg114834#msg114834
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: February 27, 2016, 12:41:31 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats