Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Ott and McGlynn Ready for Flamboro Showdown Winner of the season opening  (Read 1300 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.

Ott and McGlynn Ready for Flamboro Showdown

Winner of the season opening Fuel for Kids 100 at Sauble Speedway, Jake ‘The Juicebox’ Ott, and two-time defending Lucas Oil Sportsman Series champion Shawn McGlynn, appear to be feuding, and the next round of their battle will be waged at Flamboro Speedway this Saturday night.
The pair were the class of the field at Sauble Speedway during the opening race, as Ott laid down a new track record, with McGlynn hot on his heels.  The pair battled for the lead for the middle stages of the event, but contact following a late race restart knocked McGlynn from contention.  Ott went on to win the fourth career Lucas Oil Sportsman Cup presented by Meineke, feature, after winning a trio of events in 2013.

McGlynn, who has captured three Sportsman championships over the years finished 12th after having his Blast Floor Coatings Mustang repaired.
McGlynn spoke about the race for the win at Sauble, “He hit me pretty good going into the corner, and it broke the tie rod.  I’m not too happy about that.  He drove into me, and it put us in a pretty good hole for the championship.  If he hits me again like that he’s going to get wrecked!”
Shawn continued, “It’s been good to have a few other cars up there, Juicebox has been fast, and Kevin Allen really did his homework over the winter.”

Ott spoke about the incident, and racing with McGlynn, “I think his tie rod was broke before we even got to the corner, and it was probably lucky I pinched him down or he could’ve ended up in the wall.  He ran into me on the previous restart, and I knew that I had to hold him down if we were going to win the race.  It was just one of those deals.  We both have fast cars, and we’ve had contact over the past year or so because we’re both fast.  If we’re both up front, we’re bound to race together, and have.  While we’ve made contact, I’ve never tried to wreck Shawn.”
The Lucas Oil Sportsman Cup Series presented by Meineke also recently added JWO Racing to the growing list of marketing partners for the series.  First place in the qualifying points standings will claim a new Transmission, and McGlynn didn’t waste any time in pointing out the connection between JWO Racing and Ott’s car owner, father Jim with a laugh, “I want to win that transmission from JWO a little more now.”
Kevin Allen in his Transport N’ Services Chevy is poised for a breakout campaign, and the former Delaware Enduro pilot served notice at Sauble Speedway as he started and finished third in the campaign opener.  A year of experience has shown its’ worth, and Allen looks to be a contender to capture the checkers.

The Fuel for Kids 100 at Sauble Speedway in early June saw Ott take the checkers, trailed by Dave ‘Hot Rod Connelly.  Connelly is making his return to the series after a number of years in the Canadian Tire Series and overcame an eighth-place qualifying effort to score the podium finish.

Qualifying for race number two of the 2014 Lucas Oil Sportsman Series presented by Meineke, at Flamboro Speedway starts at 5:00, while racing starts at 6:00.

Article by Jamie Maudsley

Photos by Jordan and Jamie Maudsley, www.maudsleymotorsports.com, and Racesportz.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=19548.msg111419#msg111419
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats