Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: TRG Motorsports' J.R. Fitzpatrick Ready for Atlanta Camping World Truck Race  (Read 1272 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
TRG Motorsports' J.R. Fitzpatrick Ready for Atlanta Camping World Truck Race

Mooresville, North Carolina (March 3, 2009)  -  John Ryan (J.R.) Fitzpatrick and his No. 7 TRG Motorsports Chevrolet Silverado is headed to Atlanta Motor Speedway for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series American Commercial Lines 200 to be run Saturday, March 7. 

Fitzpatrick is running for the Raybestos Rookie of the Year.  With his rookie season comes learning new tracks, Atlanta Motor Speedway will be one of those.

"I am excited to run Atlanta Motor Speedway," Fitzpatrick said.  "I am getting the tapes of last year's race from Butch (Hylton, crew chief) so I will be studying them before we start practice on Thursday.  We are using the same truck as we did in California.  We need to get the truck to handle a little better and we can be in the top 10 for sure."

TRG Motorsports ran solidly in the top 10 at Atlanta last year.

"The team ran eighth with the truck there last year.  So that is why we want to take the same piece back.  In California they ran a different truck, so our notes weren't quite as good.  I hear that the trucks do 190 mph around Atlanta.  The speed doesn't bother me, but when you are going that fast and you have to roll out of the gas, you lose a few places.  We have to get the truck handling so we can run towards the front.  We are going to try and keep it really free.  I was just way too tight the last race in California."

Kevin Buckler, TRG Motorsports team principal, knows that Fitzpatrick will have his challenges as he goes through his first full season in the Truck Series.

"We are committed to helping J.R. through all of the challenges and development of his first full season in the Truck Series," Buckler said.  "We have committed Butch to the program.  Butch is very good at bringing the best out of young talent as well as managing all aspects of a championship level program.  Atlanta will be a big race for J.R., but with his natural talent and tremendous learning curve we all know he can do the job."

The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series American Commercial Lines 200 will be televised live on the SPEED Channel Saturday, March 7 starting at 1:30 p.m. ET.

TRG Motorsports is based in Mooresville, North Carolina. Currently the team fields a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series entry as well as a Camping World Truck Series effort and an ARCA RE/MAX Series team. The Racer's Group was founded in 1993 and has been competing at the top level of sports car racing. TRG's Porsche sports car program is run out of the company's headquarters in Petaluma, California. The team has the most wins of any team in the Grand-Am Rolex Series with 26, including the 2005 and 2006 Rolex Series GT championship trophy to go along with wins in the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona (three) and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

For more information contact please contact Kyle Chura at (248) 821-0468 or chura@aol.com.   Detailed team info can be viewed at www.trgmotorsports.com or www.theracersgroup.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=9402.msg65442#msg65442
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats