Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Notice: Race teams and Parents.  (Read 1014 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Notice: Race teams and Parents.
« on: June 18, 2010, 11:11:51 AM »
Race teams and Parents.

So after a better explanation of how we were coming up with re- start orders the consensus was to continue to try to access who was mostly responsible for a caution and send that kart/karts to the rear.

We will be leaving the track order the same otherwise so lappers will be left in their position on the track for the restart. (this is a change). It makes it a bit harder for spectators to figure out who is in 2nd,3rd,4th etc but it is more fair to a leader who had to pass someone under green only to have a caution have the drivers behind get an easy pass.

Mostly everyone just needed an explanation what was going on.

Beginner teams---- keep up the good work

Junior teams---  Have patience as we bring the group from beginner status to senior skills. Do not look at one race on one night and try to determine good or bad. Rather, please compare race one on May 4th to race 22 on Sept 28 and then let me know what you think.  This process involves improving drivers who have never went really fast and may well be scared to, (for fear of what happens when you get out of control), and to coach them past this "fear", past the "fast and ugly" and get them to "fast and clean". We have not nor will we in the future let your drivers be content to run at the back forever. It takes encouragement , prompting and yes even saying it is okay to rub a kart time to time.  If a driver is too scared to go past their comfort zone they will never know just how fast they can really go. They will find that out by going too fast, or being too rough.  So in the mean time ---  Enjoy the journey. The Junior racing will continue to evolve and as it does the list of drivers who can win gets bigger by the week.

Senior teams--- you guys are the ones the Juniors are looking up to. Keep having fun. Most of you have figured out that crashing is not the way to win races and are driving accordingly. I have my eyes on a couple of racers to step into the seniors for the summer series to keep you all on your toes. 

All teams--- I have had some reports of some strange smelling fuels. With the engines we run there is no reason for any exotic high octane fuels which sometimes smell strange. Also giving a different smell is high/all Alcohol fuels. The rules are very clear that alcohol is not allowed and it is very easy to test for.
Any teams that get caught running alcohol will be looking for a new track to race at.     

Side note:  Alcohol will give our motors more power but  with it comes huge maintenance issues. If we allow everyone run alcohol, there is no power advantage. So why would the club bother.?  If you feel you need more power than your competitors than you are missing the point of CLUB racing.  Being able to win by setting up your kart better or driving better gives great satisfaction. Winning by having more power is a quick way to lose the respect of your fellow racers and it also starts a money game if left unchecked.     Expect to hate us if we catch you playing with horsepower limits. 

Man,, another mini lecture, I hate giving those but if it keeps the integrity of our club higher than most racing clubs, I will do the dirty work.

Oh, and I did not receive a single comment the "morning after" this week. I feel so left out.

#7 Dave Chesterman
Chesterman Power Products
Tillsonburg Indoor MX
www.chesterman.ca
519-842-5977

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11565.msg83166#msg83166
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Notice: Race teams and Parents.
« on: June 18, 2010, 11:11:51 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats